Paylocity

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.5

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paylocity.

I applied through an Employee Referral. Process took less than a week.

I was called by a technical recruiter who told me a bit about the position, asked me a few high level technical questions, talked about my goals and interest in the company and what I knew about it.

I then interviewed a few days later with my potential team lead, manager, and director. They seemed rather happy with the results and I was informed by the recruiter the next day about the positive feedback and setup a followup interview session to interview with my potential manager, a Senior Software Engineer, and 2 senior QA Engineers. The next morning I received a phone call and the offer, which I accepted.

Overall, the interview experience was good. I learned a lot about the company and the people that I would potentially be working with. It was a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions geared toward C# and .NET framework, exposure to agile, automation, and testing in general.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paylocity.

I only completed two interviews, but did not get the job. The first interview was a telephone interview with their Corporate Recruiter. The interview was basic qualification questions and used to assess you skills at a high level.

The second interview was a technical interview with three other people over a software called hirevue. The interviewers were very nice and friendly and all liked working at Paylocity. There were two questions that I was asked. Here is the first one
    1. Write a method that takes in a collection/list of objects and returns the sums all of the Integers that are found within the collection. This method should be mission critical and we would expect to a reasonable degree that the method would not throw any unnecessary exceptions

2 (I don't have the exact wording) There are three kinds of parking spaces (car, motorbike, and handicapped) as well as three types of automobiles (car, motobike, and handicapped). With that, design a parking lot with rules on what type of car can park in a parking spot.

As a follow to question two, I was asked how I would go about randomly generating a parking lot for testing.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was how I would randomize a parking lot.   Answer Question

District Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paylocity.

The recruiters are great - they provide you with a ton of info on the company. However, be forewarned, they are just looking to hire the top 10% of their competitors sales force. They won't speak with you otherwise.

Interview Questions
    • Have you earned a Presidents Club? If no, sorry it's not going to work.   View Answer

Time & Labor Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paylocity.

Pleasant and relaxed. Glass door is making me write a lot more than I want or need to. I hope they relax on the word count minimums in the future so I can do other things with my day

pre-determined rate of pay; offer was reasonable, I accepted

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Paylocity.

Very Organized Process.
    1) I worked with a recruiter to get introduced to the company. There was a slight technical screening with the recruiter.
    2) From there I had a video interview & whiteboard session where I had to speak with 2 developers and do a coding exercise along with answering high level technical questions.
    3) I then had to speak with the director of the department.
    4) After her approval I came in for a face to face interview with a set of people from a specific team. This involved in depth technical questions and would have included white boarding if the office had been available that had the white board.
    5) They collectively reviewed my interview & background and determined that my skill set was ideal for another team. There was one final phone interview with the members of that team to make sure I was a good fit for the team.
    6) Then I received an offer.

They really strive for the best people so the process goes deep. The end result is worth it because they take care in fitting you to the right team, project, and technologies.

Interview Questions
    • I had explained some work I had done on a project. I had explained the process that I took to coming up with the best design to fit our needs. At the end they asked me what I would have done differently if I could do it again.   View Answer
    I gave clear expectations to my recruiter and it was her responsibility to make the offer a reality. I liked their initial offer as it met all of my expectations so I did not want to start off my relationship at the company with a greedy negotiation.

National Sales Support Interview

Interview is very casual and easy going. The people that interview you are the managers and it a good way to get a feel for management before taking the job. They are really just looking for people who are easy to converse with because the job is simply talking. Be relax and don't be creepy and your looking at a new great job.

No drug test!

Implementaion Consultant II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paylocity in November 2014.

The interview process was great. There was a screening. Then and interview with the HR recruiter. Then you interviewed with your prospective manager. Then usually you'd go to Chicago for a formal interview, however I was able to do a Video Conference interview with the Regional Manager. Everyone was really nice and informative. It seemed as if they liked you they gave you tips on what to say or focus on in the next interview. After my last interview they called me within and hour to offer me a position. I was very impressed, it was a very stress free process. All together about a week from initial screen to job offer.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't anything unexpected if you've interviewed before. They of course ask for your experience and really like if you can give examples of when you went above and beyond in any of your previous positions. Preferably something that could correlate to your prospective position with Paylocity.   Answer Question
    They offered what I was asking for, so no negotiation.

National Sales Support Administrative Interview

I don't have much to say about the interview process, but I wanted to be clear that the negative comments about this position are completely false. I have been working in this position for awhile now and have not been micro managed once. In fact, my manager is the complete opposite and makes work actually enjoyable and not the least bit stressful.The atmosphere is one of my favorite things about working here. Everyone here is so much fun to work with and I have made a lot of friends that I enjoy getting together with outside of work. We all have fun, but everyone is still respectful of each other. There are plenty of opportunities within Paylocity and if you work hard your managers will work just as hard to help you reach your goals. Just because you work here, doesn't mean you are handed promotions on a silver platter. Who would want to work for a company that promotes people without them proving themselves first, anyway? We haven't even interviewed for this position, so there must have been a mistake when filling out the review.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are what you can expect in a normal interview.   Answer Question

National Sales Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paylocity in July 2014.

Questions about your background and where you see yourself in 5 years. How to deal with denial and name examples of you dealing with it and how you bounce back from it. Just be yourself and speak clearly like you would be talking to someone over the phone

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paylocity in May 2014.

Process is incredibly simple. You apply and a recruiter calls you. This person will praise this position and say how wonderful it is. They'll tell you it isn't sales although that's exactly what it is treated as being. You will be told there is no quota but there is. You might be shown the "game room" when you come in for an interview. The items in this room are a barely used Playstation 4, a ping pong table only 4 people use and a dart board. Interview is with one to three team leads and the department manager. Noone asks anything of substance. If you smile and try to be friendly you'll be hired. They need people way too badly here. You'd have to be rather dull not to get hired.

Interview Questions
    There's no negotiation. You get the usual scam wage of this era and you're on your way to misery.