Paylocity Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

2.5

National Sales Support Administrative Interview

I don't have much to say about the interview process, but I wanted to be clear that the negative comments about this position are completely false. I have been working in this position for awhile now and have not been micro managed once. In fact, my manager is the complete opposite and makes work actually enjoyable and not the least bit stressful.The atmosphere is one of my favorite things about working here. Everyone here is so much fun to work with and I have made a lot of friends that I enjoy getting together with outside of work. We all have fun, but everyone is still respectful of each other. There are plenty of opportunities within Paylocity and if you work hard your managers will work just as hard to help you reach your goals. Just because you work here, doesn't mean you are handed promotions on a silver platter. Who would want to work for a company that promotes people without them proving themselves first, anyway? We haven't even interviewed for this position, so there must have been a mistake when filling out the review.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are what you can expect in a normal interview.   Answer Question

National Sales Support Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paylocity in July 2014.

Questions about your background and where you see yourself in 5 years. How to deal with denial and name examples of you dealing with it and how you bounce back from it. Just be yourself and speak clearly like you would be talking to someone over the phone

National Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Paylocity in May 2014.

Process is incredibly simple. You apply and a recruiter calls you. This person will praise this position and say how wonderful it is. They'll tell you it isn't sales although that's exactly what it is treated as being. You will be told there is no quota but there is. You might be shown the "game room" when you come in for an interview. The items in this room are a barely used Playstation 4, a ping pong table only 4 people use and a dart board. Interview is with one to three team leads and the department manager. Noone asks anything of substance. If you smile and try to be friendly you'll be hired. They need people way too badly here. You'd have to be rather dull not to get hired.

Interview Questions
    There's no negotiation. You get the usual scam wage of this era and you're on your way to misery.

Entry Level Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paylocity in May 2014.

I applied on their website and was contacted by HR the next day. The recruiter was very friendly and set up a phone screen. That went well and then a phone interview with the hiring manager and director was set up for a few days later. Had that gone well and in person interview would have occurred. Unfortunately I didn't do as well in the phone interview. Overall I felt that they were very respectful of candidate's time in keeping them updated on what's going on so you're not wondering.

Interview Questions
    • HR asked me what I was making and was quite surprised. Apparently I'm underpaid. No kidding!   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Paylocity.

I had several conversations with a recruiter that did MOST of the talking. He then prepped me for the interview via video which went NOTHING like he had mentioned. He told me they wanted to know about me what my personality/attitude was like. The actual interview felt like a police interrogation you see on TV! If you do not sell payroll don't waste your time. They want a cookie cutter payroll sales person and most of the good ones don't fit in that box! Not ONE personal question was asked.

Interview Questions
    • All of it was unexpected and not at all what I was told I would be asked? If they would have told me this is what it would be like i would have declined the interview.   Answer Question

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington Heights, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Paylocity.

Interview process was very detailed. It was a full day commitment that required multiple interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • The quiz that comes from your 'to-be' co-workers that tests your knowledge on the spot.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate. Know your skill set and get an idea of what they really need from your position. Negotiate from there.

Senior Tax Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Paylocity.

Pretty easy, called one day interviewed the next and hired a few days later.

Very easy

.NET Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Paylocity.

1. Phone screen with recruiter.
    2. Technical Phone Screen
    3. Talk to Director
    4. Talk to various staff including developer team.

After being told I did very well on the first three steps something just fell apart on step 4. Supposedly, step 4 is a deep technical dive. However, there was no technical dive at all. There were a few entry level questions asked about the Database and how I rated my skills in certain areas. Based off these vague presumption assessments they declined to make an offer. A complete waste of time. The company should ask technical questions to determine if a candidate is a match. How a person rates their skills compared to other skills should not be used to make a hiring decision on an otherwise strong candidate.

The whole process felt shady and did not add up. Lots of contradictions. Just a guess, but I wonder if they were afraid to give a low ball salary offer and simply made-up some terrible reasons.

Interview Questions
    • The code interview involved recursion, interfaces, generics and extension methods. I managed to obtain the correct answer, however this was not enough to get the job. Advanced JavaScript design questions also passed, however still not enough. Very strange...   Answer Question

Paylocity Response

Mar 3, 2014Sr. Social Media Recruiter

First of all, thank you for taking the time to interview with Paylocity, and also for being so detailed as to your areas of concern. Your comments have been forwarded to our Product Development team ... More

Interview Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Paylocity in February 2014.

The process was much easier than I thought it would be. The first interview was with a recruiter via phone. She was extremely easy to talk to and it was a really relaxed interview. A few days later I interviewed with the manager of the position via phone. Later that day I was notified that they would like to interview in person in Chicago. Once there, I spoke with the recruiter for a little bit and got a tour, then got a tour of the system and a short demo with the manager. After that, I spoke with a VP for about an hour to discuss the position. I received an offer later that day and accepted the next day.

Overall, the process was very relaxed and laid back. I was nervous at first but everyone is so easy to talk to (even the VP!) that I was immediately put at ease and nerves subsided. It was a great experience!

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared with examples of your work and your success stories. Have plenty of questions to ask! They are very open to answering any questions about the company, the people, and the system!   Answer Question
    There was a little bit of negotiation but it was an easy process and they were accommodating enough to meet my needs.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Paylocity in February 2014.

i was contacted by their recruiter a couple of weeks ago by email. I then had two follow-up phone screenings. Everything went as expected - basic questions: tell me about your day-to-day work; challenges; how you deal with adversity at work; hoe you convince people you to take your lead.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really. Maybe "talk in detail about your greatest achievement to date?"   Answer Question