Paylocity

Relevance Date Difficulty

Entry Level Implementation Consultant Interview

Entry Level Implementation Consultant
Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paylocity in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on their website and was contacted by HR the next day. The recruiter was very friendly and set up a phone screen. That went well and then a phone interview with the hiring manager and director was set up for a few days later. Had that gone well and in person interview would have occurred. Unfortunately I didn't do as well in the phone interview. Overall I felt that they were very respectful of candidate's time in keeping them updated on what's going on so you're not wondering.

Interview Question – HR asked me what I was making and was quite surprised. Apparently I'm underpaid. No kidding!   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Lake Mary, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Paylocity in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the Headhunter for a phone interview then scheduled face-to-face interviews via email and completed the online application. Met with 2 Team Managers for one-on-one interviews then a phone interview with the division manager. Was offered the job 1 week later and started training 2 weeks after that.

Interview Question – How will you handle learning a new job and working towards your degree?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Paylocity.

Interview Details – I had several conversations with a recruiter that did MOST of the talking. He then prepped me for the interview via video which went NOTHING like he had mentioned. He told me they wanted to know about me what my personality/attitude was like. The actual interview felt like a police interrogation you see on TV! If you do not sell payroll don't waste your time. They want a cookie cutter payroll sales person and most of the good ones don't fit in that box! Not ONE personal question was asked.

Interview Question – All of it was unexpected and not at all what I was told I would be asked? If they would have told me this is what it would be like i would have declined the interview.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Product Development Interview

Product Development
Arlington Heights, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Paylocity.

Interview Details – Interview process was very detailed. It was a full day commitment that required multiple interviewers.

Interview Question – The quiz that comes from your 'to-be' co-workers that tests your knowledge on the spot.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate. Know your skill set and get an idea of what they really need from your position. Negotiate from there.

Very Easy Interview

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Paylocity in February 2014.

Interview Details – i was contacted by their recruiter a couple of weeks ago by email. I then had two follow-up phone screenings. Everything went as expected - basic questions: tell me about your day-to-day work; challenges; how you deal with adversity at work; hoe you convince people you to take your lead.

Interview Question – nothing really. Maybe "talk in detail about your greatest achievement to date?"   Answer Question

Interview Interview

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Paylocity in February 2014.

Interview Details – The process was much easier than I thought it would be. The first interview was with a recruiter via phone. She was extremely easy to talk to and it was a really relaxed interview. A few days later I interviewed with the manager of the position via phone. Later that day I was notified that they would like to interview in person in Chicago. Once there, I spoke with the recruiter for a little bit and got a tour, then got a tour of the system and a short demo with the manager. After that, I spoke with a VP for about an hour to discuss the position. I received an offer later that day and accepted the next day.

Overall, the process was very relaxed and laid back. I was nervous at first but everyone is so easy to talk to (even the VP!) that I was immediately put at ease and nerves subsided. It was a great experience!

Interview Question – Be prepared with examples of your work and your success stories. Have plenty of questions to ask! They are very open to answering any questions about the company, the people, and the system!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a little bit of negotiation but it was an easy process and they were accommodating enough to meet my needs.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Tax Interview

Senior Tax

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Paylocity.

Interview Details – Pretty easy, called one day interviewed the next and hired a few days later.

Negotiation Details – Very easy

Very Difficult Interview

.NET Software Developer Interview

.NET Software Developer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Paylocity.

Interview Details – 1. Phone screen with recruiter.
2. Technical Phone Screen
3. Talk to Director
4. Talk to various staff including developer team.

After being told I did very well on the first three steps something just fell apart on step 4. Supposedly, step 4 is a deep technical dive. However, there was no technical dive at all. There were a few entry level questions asked about the Database and how I rated my skills in certain areas. Based off these vague presumption assessments they declined to make an offer. A complete waste of time. The company should ask technical questions to determine if a candidate is a match. How a person rates their skills compared to other skills should not be used to make a hiring decision on an otherwise strong candidate.

The whole process felt shady and did not add up. Lots of contradictions. Just a guess, but I wonder if they were afraid to give a low ball salary offer and simply made-up some terrible reasons.

Interview Question – The code interview involved recursion, interfaces, generics and extension methods. I managed to obtain the correct answer, however this was not enough to get the job. Advanced JavaScript design questions also passed, however still not enough. Very strange...   Answer Question

Flag Interview

Paylocity Sr. Social Media Recruiter responded to this review

Mar 3, 2014

First of all, thank you for taking the time to interview with Paylocity, and also for being so detailed as to your areas of concern. Your comments have been forwarded to our Product Development team ... More

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Arlington Heights, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Paylocity in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through their website, which wasn't the best process (had to copy and paste the resume into a text box). Was contacted by HR for a day latter for a phone screening. Mostly job related questions (why are you looking, how did you find us, etc). Some basic technology questions as well.

After that there was a tech phone screening and virtual coding exercise by a couple of engineers (one senior). The questions ran the gamut from general C#/.Net to Javascript and HTML. Did a virtual whiteboard coding exercise where they had me code a simple function where they asked questions and I iterated through the design and implementation.

After that they had me come onsite and I talked with a number of managers, VP's, senior engineers and meet with the CEO. This was a great experience, talking with a lot of different people throughout the company, picking their brains and having chats with them helped me gauge the company, culture and the people. They took me to lunch and we had a relaxed casual conversation there as well.

I received an offer a few days latter that I accepted after trying to get more time off and pay, both of which weren't successful. Besides that it was a positive experience.

Interview Question – Deep Javascript questions, like prototype usage, function design, implementation and pros and cons.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of negotiation, fairly straightforward and they were firm on most conditions.

National Sales Support Administration Interview

National Sales Support Administration

I applied through other source and interviewed at Paylocity.

Interview Details – I was called for a phone interview that went very well. Based on situational reactions. Several days later I was scheduled for an in person interview which went well. I was well prepared with questions regarding the future of the company as well as policy questions. The interviewers explained the job and description to me. I received a job offer the same day as my in person interview.

Interview Question – I had prepared for my interviews, so the questions were not challenging for me.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Paylocity? Contribute to the Community!

Paylocity Videos

Paylocity – Why Work for Us?

Paylocity's founder, Steve Sarowitz outlines his entire business philosophy with just five words: "Happy employees mean happy clients." The office dress code and atmosphere are casual and that's just fine. "But don't… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paylocity interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by Paylocity employees and interview candidates.