Payroll1

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Birmingham, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Payroll1 in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was scheduled for a phone interview this morning at 9am and the call never came (in case you are wondering about my previous payroll experience...I have been processing payroll since 1999). After waiting the requisite 15 minutes I called and asked the receptionist if I might leave a message for my interviewer. I was told that she was just sitting at her desk - I could be transferred to her. I explained that I had already been waiting for her to call for 15 minutes and had to move forward with my day. Prior to scheduling the phone interview I checked glassdoor and was surprosed to find that Payroll 1 only has a rating of 2, but being aware of such a low score made my experience not quite such a surprise. I am fortunate to have only lost 15 minutes and not hours like some of the other interview reviewers who posted here. It's important to remember that even in a downward economy the interview is being conducted on both sides. The person interviewing for the job is sizing up the company just as much as they are being questioned.

Very Easy Interview

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative

I applied through other source and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Payroll1.

Interview Details – Had about 5 interviews, 2 ride alongs, and 2 skypes. The company drug the process out about 4 months and requires you to speak with just about everyone there. Everyone you speak to just talks to you for about half an hour or so- just didn't seemed to be all that productive.

Interview Question – Not a single "interview" type question. Conversations that lasted about 30 min with varied members of their staff. Each interview seemed more like its purpose was to help you get through the next one- if that makes since.   Answer Question

Birmingham, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Payroll1 in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had a telephone interview for 15 minutes. The interviewer said someone would call back if they wanted me for an in office interview. Never heard back from the recruiter. I have over ten years of payroll experience. Not sure what type of employee they are looking for. The job was for full-time. I was asked during the interview what my expected pay rate was for the payroll job.

Interview Question – Basic interview questions   Answer Question

Birmingham, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Payroll1 in December 2011.

Interview Details – Had 4 different interviews with this company, first was a phone interview, second was an in person interview including some timed tests with basic math questions and such, 3rd interview was job shadowing and an interview with a regional manager, 4th interview was with the president of the company. All interviews were fairly simple and seemed to go really well with positive feedback from all along the way. Before my final interview I was given information regarding benefits, time off, pay etc...and then after my final 15 minute interview with the president, I was not offered the job. The final interview seemed more like a meet and greet with the president of the company, I was asked very few questions, and she just talked about the company and that was it. Not sure what went wrong, but seemed like a month of wasted time.

Interview Question – Just a few random situational questions, but most questions were pretty general interview questions   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Payroll1 in July 2012.

Interview Details – Very drawn out, from the first interview to the final interview it was almost three months. First I had a phone interview with the HR manager. About two weeks later I interviewed with processors, then two weeks later met with the rest of the processors. A month after that I met with the president of the company. I received a letter in the mail two weeks later advising that I did not receive the position.

Interview Question – The questions were fact based wanting to know about your previous experience. Very basic questions.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Payroll1 in June 2009.

Interview Details – I went to 3 interviews so far. The first one was over the phone with a recruiter from the headquarter. The last two were from the local office.

Interview Question – why should we hire you   Answer Question

Worked for Payroll1? Contribute to the Community!