Payscape Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Payscape (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

It was fairly painless, but took some time to arrange: I had met the recruiter about a year ago, when I wasn't looking for a job. I called him first and he referred me to an interim contact, with whom, and another interim contact, there were several calls and emails. A phone interview and on-line test preceded the in-person interview. Then, there were a couple of postponements. But everyone was pleasant and friendly. I interviewed with my initial contact and have been invited for a second interview next week.

Interview Questions

• How do you see the sales process?   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Payscape.

Interview

No format. Interview when you can. Don't typically hire from outside the company for management but needed to in this instance so interview was nontraditional. The process had gone on for three months in negotiation. Got an offer but b/c they typically promote from within, they offer way below industry standard. Went through a series of meetings where they said "we want you we want you, hold tight on the counteroffer" until they eventually stopped returning calls or emails. After months of wasted time and energy-not even a "we can't match your request" email. Nothing.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Payscape (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

They start out with a phone interview where some one asks you questions regarding how you handle things and about who you are. If they like you they will then send you over to the department you are interviewing for. So, in my case I was set up to have an interview with Alex the Marketing Director. When I came in she sat down with me and my resume. She asked me about my experience in PR and Social Media. We went over what they were looking for, the job description, and then what they will do for me at the end of the internship. I was told I got the internship during my interview and we talked about when I could start after.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge you recently faced and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Payscape in May 2015.

Interview

Had a phone conversation with a recruiter at the company headquarters in Atlanta. He was very easy to talk to and asked general questions about my past experience, and told me about the position in my home state, and setup a meeting with the manager there.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for our company?   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Payscape (Tampa, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

First interview via phone with corporate recruiter Second interview face to face with trainer Third interview via phone with VP of Sales Fourth interview via phone with CEO Fifth interview face to face with VP of Sales It was my thought all of the above interviews went well. Then absolutely no response, follow-up or feedback thereafter? Should be noted at the fifth interview was asked as an action item to map out an entire detailed recruitment strategy (with the follow-up statement being we are evaluating multiple candidates, yet the "tentative" start date communicated was rapidly near. The very next statement was "we are evaluating 4-5 other candidates". Red flags went off here as at final interview a company should not have 4-5 candidates (all of a sudden) and it's an indication the market direction is not clear from the Top Down. Top Performers are not going to work for free where their ideas will be potentially passed on as someone else's and by the time illustrated above a hiring manager should have a clearer direction without expecting a candidate to work for free with no offer of employment. A professional high-level strategy was provided but in a way where secrets and a game plan could not be stolen.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Payscape (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Speak with the recruiters so they can give you an overview of the company. Also, talked about my background and what I was looking for out of a job. Then I came in for an interview and spoke with multiple people in the company. They sent an offer letter the next day and I accepted a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for Payscape?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Payscape (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the recruiter that was a basic briefing on the position and making sure it was a role I was interested in. Within the next week I had two interviews with one of the founders and VP of Sales. They were both very engaging during the interview and were more interested in what my thoughts were on how I can help the company. Be sure to bring a copy of your resume!

Interview Questions

• There weren't any big, unexpected questions but I would definitely recommend you do your research before the interview. They want you to be able to tell them what the company does without having to explain too much.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Payscape.

Interview

First interview was conducted with company recruiter over the phone. Typical questions like work experience, professional goals, and reason for applying were part of the interview. Next was the face to face with the territory manager and on to a telephone conversation with the V.P. of sales. At the time, the company was relatively small with less than 100 employees nationally so I think the goal of the interviews was to make sure I was articulate and had any semblance of intelligence. Once hired, you will attend the next monthly training in Atlanta. The training is Wed through Friday and they pay all expenses (gas is reimbursed through payroll). Once you finish the training, you are then authorized to go out and start selling.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected from the interviews although the training covers only the highlights of the product line and the Merchant Services industry. You are, in no way an expert from training. In fact, most people come away from training confused about all the products and prices the company has. This is where your Manager can make or break you.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Communication with the recruiter was top notch.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Payscape (Atlanta, GA) in May 2011.

Interview

I found this position online where I applied because the opportunity seemed good. A few days after I applied they emailed back to set up a phone interview. We did that the following day and set up an office interview for the following week. Both interviews were pretty straight forward just asking about past experience what I thought I could bring to the table etc.