Payscape Interview Questions

Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Payscape

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Payscape (Tampa, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

First interview via phone with corporate recruiter
    Second interview face to face with trainer
    Third interview via phone with VP of Sales
    Fourth interview via phone with CEO
    Fifth interview face to face with VP of Sales

It was my thought all of the above interviews went well.

Then absolutely no response, follow-up or feedback thereafter?

Should be noted at the fifth interview was asked as an action item to map out an entire detailed recruitment strategy (with the follow-up statement being we are evaluating multiple candidates, yet the "tentative" start date communicated was rapidly near. The very next statement was "we are evaluating 4-5 other candidates". Red flags went off here as at final interview a company should not have 4-5 candidates (all of a sudden) and it's an indication the market direction is not clear from the Top Down. Top Performers are not going to work for free where their ideas will be potentially passed on as someone else's and by the time illustrated above a hiring manager should have a clearer direction without expecting a candidate to work for free with no offer of employment. A professional high-level strategy was provided but in a way where secrets and a game plan could not be stolen.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Payscape (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the recruiter that was a basic briefing on the position and making sure it was a role I was interested in. Within the next week I had two interviews with one of the founders and VP of Sales. They were both very engaging during the interview and were more interested in what my thoughts were on how I can help the company. Be sure to bring a copy of your resume!

Interview Questions

• There weren't any big, unexpected questions but I would definitely recommend you do your research before the interview. They want you to be able to tell them what the company does without having to explain too much.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Payscape.

Interview

First interview was conducted with company recruiter over the phone. Typical questions like work experience, professional goals, and reason for applying were part of the interview. Next was the face to face with the territory manager and on to a telephone conversation with the V.P. of sales. At the time, the company was relatively small with less than 100 employees nationally so I think the goal of the interviews was to make sure I was articulate and had any semblance of intelligence. Once hired, you will attend the next monthly training in Atlanta. The training is Wed through Friday and they pay all expenses (gas is reimbursed through payroll). Once you finish the training, you are then authorized to go out and start selling.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected from the interviews although the training covers only the highlights of the product line and the Merchant Services industry. You are, in no way an expert from training. In fact, most people come away from training confused about all the products and prices the company has. This is where your Manager can make or break you.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Interview

Communication with the recruiter was top notch.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Payscape (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Initial communication was with HR, then with an district sales manager. People didn't seem very sharp or professional and wouldn't elaborate much when answering my questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you found out about the job.   1 Answer

Their prediction for the income of a person in the position was extremely low and I was left with little impression of the company.

Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Payscape (Atlanta, GA) in June 2009.

Interview

The hiring process is quick -- once one partner approves you, you are in!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was quick and easy.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Payscape.

Interview

Pretty easy process. Met with a recruiter, was interviewed by her and another Sales Manager. Was asked back for a second interview where I accepted the offer. Basically, unless you come across like a total idiot, you'll get hired. Paysacpe weeds folks out in the first 3 month's, because if you aren't selling, you aren't going to stay. Also, if you don't hit your quota, you become a 10.99 employee, which means you're still with the company but don't have access to the office and what not. So they can afford to bring in as many people as they want because half will drop in the first 6 month's regardless.

Interview Questions

• What would your previous employers or references say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer was pretty basic. The recruiter let me know about the payment structure and about training. The only thing that was kind of annoying about the whole process was getting information about training. Essentially Payscape has a recruiting department and a sales force, but nothing in the middle from an HR standpoint to catch all the communication drops. So finding out my next step was an absolute pain in the behind. I mean c'mon, be responsive folks! Other than that, it was a pretty painless process.