Peabody Energy Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

2.7

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

interviewed at Peabody Energy in June 2011.

Fairly straight forward. Multiple rounds of interviews, with four or five people each time.

Director Aviation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Peabody Energy in May 2011.

Two phone interviews, one on site.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Peabody Energy in April 2011.

One of the interviewers asked the question "A user calls you and tells you a shared printer won't print, what steps would you take".
    My response: " I would ask the user if anyone else could print to the printer. Then I would ping the printer. If I could hit it, I would get into the printer's gui and see if there was a hardware problem".
    Interviewer's response "That answer is wrong, the printer was out of paper" (he laughs, and so does the rest of the interview panel).
    "Wouldn't the gui typically say the printer was out of paper", was my response.
    Then the interviewer made some other wise crack.
    I said "Thanks for your time guys". And walked out of the interview. Some big wig chased me down towards the elevator asking what went wrong, but the elevator door shut in the middle of him talking. I chucked in the elevator.
    I felt like I was in the middle of some type of prank. It was a waste of an hour and 3$ for parking. At least I got a free bottle of water.

Communications Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Peabody Energy in March 2011.

Submitted application, took about a month to hear back. Set up an interview, then followed up with calls for a few weeks and then did a second interview 4 months after the initial application. More follow up calls for 2 months, then got a call on a Thursday wanting me to start the following Wednesday. All of this only to find out that the other people that filled the remaining positions didn't even interview and were just given the job.

No negotiation.

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Peabody Energy in October 2011.

through exec recruiter and then two rounds of interviews

Summer Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Peabody Energy in May 2011.

Basic interview. Asked behavioral questions as well as technical.

Interview Questions
    Their offer was very good, so I did not need to negotiate. I think they would have been willing to negotiate if I had asked to.

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Mackay (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Mackay (Australia)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Peabody Energy in October 2010.

It was unfair as they asked questions which were not relevant to the position, and then they said i did not have underground experience, but on the application they said it was not necessary

Interview Questions
    • what if one of your co-workers was negative towards you, how would you deal with him   View Answer
    • What would you do if you came to a hv pannel and their was no one about what would your procedure be to work on it   View Answer

Worked for Peabody Energy? Contribute to the Community!