Peace Corps

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

Applied through university career center for a FWS job, got an email from the peace corps for a phone interview, emailed acceptance. they asked "what is one of your weaknesses, relationship with superiors (since I was a freshmen and had no official job experience yet probably), what makes you unique

Interview Questions
    veyr flexible with my hours

Agriculture Volunteer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview was long and had a lot of hard questions. Prepare by going over what you want to tell the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a rule that you disagreed with. What did you do about it?   Answer Question
    Nothing is negotiable. Every volunteer in the country gets the same salary. You're given a country and if you decline, you might not get another offer.

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Some people are interviewed over the phone I was interviewed in person. Peace corps has a long application but it has changed since I did it. The interview process is simple, they ask questions to see if you are the type of person that would last in a demanding and foreign environment.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with people who discriminated against you?   Answer Question
    There really isn't one, you signed up to basically work for free. Hope you like it!

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

I applied online. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps.

First, you must fill out a rather lengthy application. Once that is approved, you must have a background check, and then a medical check. The medical check is meant to ensure that you are healthy enough to serve for 27 months in a rural area with limited access to medical care. You will have an in-person interview, during which the interviewer must read questions from a script and he/she must write your answers down verbatim (this can be a bit awkward as they scribble away). Later, you will have a phone interview or two. Finally, you will receive your invitation to serve along with information about your program (English education, health education, small business development, etc) and your country of service. The whole process usually takes about a year.

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps.

The point of the interview process is to make sure that you are going to be able to excel for 2 years of service. This means if you can be a self starter, be away from friends and family and find happiness, and if you can be culturally sensitive and accepting. Don't try and work the system, because all the people that leave service are because of these reasons, be honest with the situation, and if you are a good fit, congrats! If not, there are plenty other service opportunities that aren't as intense a commitment, not everyone is meant to be a Peace Corps volunteer, and the investment is in training, so they are trying to find those that have that special something before the investment.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a challenging situation and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

OMS Interview

Very thorough. Background check required

Peace Corps Medical Officer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Peace Corps.

Transparent and well organized. Reference from DOS very useful- I worked as locum tenens doctor at the US Embassy. Had several visits at the clinic I worked from DOS, area PCMO from Senegal, PC NP from local post. The whole process was compressed in 3 days but spread out over a period of more than 6 months.

Interview Questions
    Brief, salary had fixed rates, benefits on the other hand where flexible.

Very Standard
    interviewed was reading right from a list of questions and typing my answers as I went - which was very distracting at times
    It took about 4 months from the time my application was submitted to when I was finally interviewed

Interview Questions
    • Most stressed period in your life and how you coped with it   Answer Question

Community Health Volunteer Interview

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps.

Basic standard questions about past international experiences, educational background, interpersonal skills, and scenarios you would encounter at your site. Very much a conversation and the recruiter does a great job easing you into the convo.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with conflicts that may arise in your organization i.e. witnessing corruption or theft within the staff?   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunter Interview

Submit an application and go through a long and tedious interview and placement process. Hope and pray that you pass the medical tests and 6 months to years later you may actually be sent an invitation to serve

Nonexistent