Peace Corps Peace Corps Volunteer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

2.6

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

First, you must fill out a rather lengthy application. Once that is approved, you must have a background check, and then a medical check. The medical check is meant to ensure that you are healthy enough to serve for 27 months in a rural area with limited access to medical care. You will have an in-person interview, during which the interviewer must read questions from a script and he/she must write your answers down verbatim (this can be a bit awkward as they scribble away). Later, you will have a phone interview or two. Finally, you will receive your invitation to serve along with information about your program (English education, health education, small business development, etc) and your country of service. The whole process usually takes about a year.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle sexual harassment?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Peace Corps

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

The point of the interview process is to make sure that you are going to be able to excel for 2 years of service. This means if you can be a self starter, be away from friends and family and find happiness, and if you can be culturally sensitive and accepting. Don't try and work the system, because all the people that leave service are because of these reasons, be honest with the situation, and if you are a good fit, congrats! If not, there are plenty other service opportunities that aren't as intense a commitment, not everyone is meant to be a Peace Corps volunteer, and the investment is in training, so they are trying to find those that have that special something before the investment.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a challenging situation and what you did to overcome it.   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Interview

Some people are interviewed over the phone I was interviewed in person. Peace corps has a long application but it has changed since I did it. The interview process is simple, they ask questions to see if you are the type of person that would last in a demanding and foreign environment.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with people who discriminated against you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really isn't one, you signed up to basically work for free. Hope you like it!

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Interview

Very Standard interviewed was reading right from a list of questions and typing my answers as I went - which was very distracting at times It took about 4 months from the time my application was submitted to when I was finally interviewed

Interview Questions

• Most stressed period in your life and how you coped with it   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunter Interview

Interview

Submit an application and go through a long and tedious interview and placement process. Hope and pray that you pass the medical tests and 6 months to years later you may actually be sent an invitation to serve

Negotiation

Nonexistent

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Interview

online application, interview with recruiter who nominates you, extensive medical process, after completion you will get a invitation to a country. (this process has recently changed, you also now get to chose possible countries you want to go to)

Interview Questions

• What is a cultural difference you've experienced while living in the States?   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Interview

Hiring is now easier than ever, you get to choose where you want to serve (it you are qualified enough). Interviewing is pretty straightforward, although they WILL ask personal questions, such as, what will you and your significant other do when you go to the Peace Corps?

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview

Was very laborious when I applied in 2007, but now it is automated and waaaaaaay easier. I believe now you can select where you want to serve and what type of project you are interested in.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of personal questions - relationship, drug/alcohol use, etc.   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Peace Corps in June 2013.

Interview

Took forever to go through selection process. On-line application. Screened by an personal interview at their office. Many months went by before they processed and told me where I would be serving. Delay in my leave date.

Interview Questions

• If I wanted to live near other volunteers   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps (San Francisco, NM) in February 2010.

Interview

It used to be an extremely long process (it took me over two years between writing my initial application to becoming a Peace Corps Trainee), but that doesn't matter anymore because they streamlined the hiring process. Now it is much better, says my sister who works for Peace Corps. You apply online, meet with a Peace Corps recruiter, complete an extremely in-depth medical check, and a clearance check. The medical check is the most cumbersome part (vision, dental, and more). The actual interview is simple, they just want to see if you'd be fit.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to live in a country where women are very discriminated?Are you a vegetarian? Would you be willing to change that?   1 Answer