Peace Corps

Peace Corps Regional Recruiter Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Regional Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview Details – Situational interview.

Interview Question – How would you respond to someone who asks if Peace Corps is dangerous?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Federal salaries are nonn-negotiable unless you've previously held a federal position at a higher pay rate.

Regional Recruiter
Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Peace Corps in June 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring process is somewhat lengthy. It involves a resume screen through a government portal. There are multiple KSA's (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) questions that required detailed responses. The application itself is much more than a resume, it's a deep dive into your background and experience. Be prepared.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe what I thought made me a good recruiter, though I had never been a recruiter before. I also hadn't spoken much English in the two years prior, so the 5 interviews were somewhat difficult, especially since they were by telephone from 6000 miles away. The questions as a whole were fair, having to do with motivation, commitment, my own experience as a Peace Corps Volunteer, and how I envisioned the job after having read the job description and spoken with a few people along the way.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was conducted by a Human Resources Generalist who sat in the HQ in DC. The position was based in Dallas and I had never spoken to this person before. They had not heard any information about my candidacy so the formula for my salary was based solely off of my prior experience and not what I had to offer the role. It was difficult to convey this information in the 10 minute call that was scheduled, so that was a little frustrating.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interview Details – Interviewed with two people. Could correctly anticipate questions based on responsibilities of the position - recruiting, public speaking, interviewing.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Peace Corps

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peace Corps Regional Recruiter interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Peace Corps employees and interview candidates.