Peace Corps Regional Recruiter Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Regional Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Peace Corps.

Situational interview.

Interview Questions
  • How would you respond to someone who asks if Peace Corps is dangerous?   Answer Question
Federal salaries are nonn-negotiable unless you've previously held a federal position at a higher pay rate.

Other Interview Reviews for Peace Corps

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Peace Corps.

Interviewed with two people. Could correctly anticipate questions based on responsibilities of the position - recruiting, public speaking, interviewing.

Regional Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Petersburg (Russia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg (Russia)

I applied online. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at Peace Corps in June 2008.

The hiring process is somewhat lengthy. It involves a resume screen through a government portal. There are multiple KSA's (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) questions that required detailed responses. The application itself is much more than a resume, it's a deep dive into your background and experience. Be prepared.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe what I thought made me a good recruiter, though I had never been a recruiter before. I also hadn't spoken much English in the two years prior, so the 5 interviews were somewhat difficult, especially since they were by telephone from 6000 miles away. The questions as a whole were fair, having to do with motivation, commitment, my own experience as a Peace Corps Volunteer, and how I envisioned the job after having read the job description and spoken with a few people along the way.   Answer Question
    It was conducted by a Human Resources Generalist who sat in the HQ in DC. The position was based in Dallas and I had never spoken to this person before. They had not heard any information about my candidacy so the formula for my salary was based solely off of my prior experience and not what I had to offer the role. It was difficult to convey this information in the 10 minute call that was scheduled, so that was a little frustrating.

Worked for Peace Corps? Contribute to the Community!