Peace Corps Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Aug 17, 2015

3.1

Water Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC).

Interview

The whole process took a long time. The interview itself went very well. However, I had to get some extra experience in order to be placed in my desired sector. Though, it seems they mainly wanted to ensure I would do what it took to be accepted and prove that I would commit to staying the whole 2 years.

Program Support Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was a one time panel interview with three interviewers. Standard interview questions (tell us about yourself, describe a time when you provided customer service over the phone, describe data entry experience), then we did a role play. For the role play they gave specific company policy quickly and the interviewee had to role play a helpful employee discussing a policy with an irritated customer. After that, there was an editing quiz. The interviewee had to find all of the mistakes on a sheet of paper, and then present the mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict at work, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in March 2014.

Interview

After submitting a resume through my school, I was contacted by email for a phone/skype interview. We spoke on the phone for approximately 30 minutes, maybe a bit longer. Great interviewers, very friendly, also asked quality questions.

Interview Questions

• What sort of research experience you have, both quant and qual?   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in December 2013.

Interview

Easy three panel interview. Phone interview then I was called in for a face to face. I applied via the NCE list. I came in about a week after I got a phone call. The actual hiring took a few weeks and I had to call in to the hiring supervisor to make sure things were moving along. I called/emailed about twice a week.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a strength. Talk about a weakness. What related experience do you have? Why do you want to work for Peace Corps   Answer Question

Department: Director of Programming and Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC).

Interview

Apply on line - process takes 2-6 months. Security background check takes av. 6 weeks additional.

Interview Questions

• Hiring is often done by the Country Director of the post in question - they may involve some members of their staff in the telephone interview. There tend to be many "scenario" questions - usually about three.   Answer Question

Country Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC).

Interview

The hiring process included an initial panel interview including potential colleagues and a final interview with the Regional Director and the Chief of Operations

Interview Questions

• The questions were largely situational. For example, the interviewer presents you with a possible situation and you have to discuss how you would respond.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brief. It was an entry level job and I accepted the salary offered.

Press Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty slow due to the processing time it takes for background checks and paperwork. I had one 30 minute in-person interview and felt comfortable even though I did not bring much previous experience. The staff was welcoming and flexible with my schedule. It took a few weeks to complete all the background paperwork but from there it was smooth sailing.

Interview Questions

• Why Peace Corps and how will this internship help you in your career?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

Thorough and enjoyable (as much as an interview can be "enjoyable!"). They asked comprehensive questions, and gave me a clear picture of what has proven to be an excellent job.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any such questions; at the time, there were not knowledge-quiz style questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Federal position, no "negotiation" per se. I am happy with my salary.

Peace Corps Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

I had to complete many forms, submit transcripts, and do a phone interview and in-person interview. It was quite a relaxed process, in fact. Everyone seemed to be my age or younger, so it wasn't intimidating.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

After completing an online application form, complete with essays and letters of recommendation, successful applicants will be contacted by a recruiter who will schedule an in-person interview. Should the recruiter approve the applicant, they will be nominated for a global region and sector. While awaiting an invitation to join a specific country and program as pertains to their nomination, the nominee must complete extensive medical examinations (for which they will be nominally reimbursed). Upon receiving an invitation, the nominee will have 10 days in which to decide whether or not they will accept.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have faced in your work life and the strategies you employed while striving to overcome it.   Answer Question