Peace Corps Interview Questions in Washington, DC

3.3

Program Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was a one time panel interview with three interviewers. Standard interview questions (tell us about yourself, describe a time when you provided customer service over the phone, describe data entry experience), then we did a role play. For the role play they gave specific company policy quickly and the interviewee had to role play a helpful employee discussing a policy with an irritated customer. After that, there was an editing quiz. The interviewee had to find all of the mistakes on a sheet of paper, and then present the mistakes.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had a conflict at work, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Department: Director of Programming and Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC).

Interview

Apply on line - process takes 2-6 months. Security background check takes av. 6 weeks additional.

Interview Questions

• Hiring is often done by the Country Director of the post in question - they may involve some members of their staff in the telephone interview. There tend to be many "scenario" questions - usually about three.   Answer Question

Country Desk Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC).

Interview

The hiring process included an initial panel interview including potential colleagues and a final interview with the Regional Director and the Chief of Operations

Interview Questions

• The questions were largely situational. For example, the interviewer presents you with a possible situation and you have to discuss how you would respond.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Brief. It was an entry level job and I accepted the salary offered.

IT Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in November 2011.

Interview

Thorough and enjoyable (as much as an interview can be "enjoyable!"). They asked comprehensive questions, and gave me a clear picture of what has proven to be an excellent job.

Interview Questions

• I do not remember any such questions; at the time, there were not knowledge-quiz style questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Federal position, no "negotiation" per se. I am happy with my salary.

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in February 2011.

Interview

After completing an online application form, complete with essays and letters of recommendation, successful applicants will be contacted by a recruiter who will schedule an in-person interview. Should the recruiter approve the applicant, they will be nominated for a global region and sector. While awaiting an invitation to join a specific country and program as pertains to their nomination, the nominee must complete extensive medical examinations (for which they will be nominally reimbursed). Upon receiving an invitation, the nominee will have 10 days in which to decide whether or not they will accept.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you have faced in your work life and the strategies you employed while striving to overcome it.   Answer Question

Peace Corps Volunteers Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview was long due to questions and placement (decision was essentially made that day). Interviewer had taken his position after returning from PC service and also participating in on campus recruiting events - made me feel comfortable and at ease. Waiting 8 months to get my invitation letter to leave just 2 months later.

Interview Questions

• How I would deal with feeling isolated   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recommended for Spanish speaking country and Community Health - felt I had little flexibility to ask for Africa region.

Country Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in August 2010.

Interview

This is a government agency and the hiring process is lengthy for overseas jobs. Once you get to the interview stage, though, Peace Corps' core values come through at every stage. They are genuinely nice people! Once you successfully complete the interview process, your name goes on a roster of eligible candidates and you wait for an opening to come up that fits your qualifications. It was about 15 months end to end.

Interview Questions

• A scenario posed by the director of the agency about volunteer support.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short. There is very little negotiation.

Administrative Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in June 2009.

Interview

I received an email and phone call requesting an interview within 2 days. The interview was standardized and the panel took notes of my answers. It was very formal and seemed as if they had already hired someone or were just going through the motions. There was no conversation- probably the strangest interview I've had.

Communications Interview

Application

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Peace Corps (Washington, DC) in April 2009.

Interview

Inefficient interview process, difficult to submit requested additional information due to government bureaucracy.