PeaceHealth

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.8

Communications Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at PeaceHealth.

Applied online and received a call back about a month later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went well. Took about 30 minutes. Three PeaceHealth interviewers were nice and cordial. All interviewers were from the communications team no HR representative. Standard introductory and probing questions about work history and gaps in employment.

Interviewers kindly provided more information on the team and job opportunity. Also, appreciated being given time to ask them questions.

My only negative experience was afterwards. I was told during the phone interview that short-listed candidates would be given a status update within a couple of weeks. But no courtesy call or email about the status of my application ever came during that time. So I followed up myself a month after my phone interview and did receive a response. However, the lack of clarity and timeliness in the response was disappointing.

I'm unsure if that's just PeaceHealth HR policy/protocol, but applicants do appreciate transparency in the hiring process. I understand people are all busy. If we don't make the stage, please clearly tell us that so there are no misunderstandings and applicants can move on.

Intern Interview

The interview was one in-person interview with the head of the department. We went through my resume and explained my previous experience. I didn't have much because I was still a Junior in college. He asked me some behavioral style questions about when I used marketing or social media and went through work samples.

Medical Technologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PeaceHealth in July 2014.

Communication was great and thorough with HR and supervisor leading up to the interview. Phone interview with supervisor followed by in-person interview. They flew me from out-of-state for the interview so that was quite nice. I had a really pleasant experience. Everyone I met on staff was super nice and easygoing.

Interview Questions
    • A few "how would you resolve an issue with a coworker" questions as is standard but nothing crazy. Initial screening conducted during phone interview already.   Answer Question

I was told I was the number one choice and I was excited to work there. Unfortunately, upon negotiation the offer was actually rescinded when I asked for a dollar more than median rate for that position in the area for an individual of my experience, education, etc. I checked with salary.com, salaryexpert.com, federal bureau of labor and statistics, national association of college and employers...the initial offer was a complete lowball (so low it wasn't even on the bell curve!) All of the various sites showed what I asked for to be reasonable but I guess the company doesn't see it that way...I was told I was out of their price range. It leads you to wonder what kind of talent they are trying to recruit here if they aren't willing to pay median salary.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online – interviewed at PeaceHealth.

Soon after applying a recruiter contacted me, she was really friendly and tried to answer my questions as best she could. The whole process was a little longer than I would have hoped, from application and interview to being hired, but I think it was mainly due to my new manager's having a tight schedule. Everyone was friendly and the background check/drug screen/references were all pretty seamless.

Interview Questions
    • Describing my career goals and 5-year plan. This is a really tough one for me personally to answer!   Answer Question
    Keep in mind it's always OK to negotiate your starting pay (or try to!). Never hurts to ask for more if you feel it's warranted.

Registered Respiratory Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PeaceHealth in June 2014.

2 interviews. RT Manager is a hands on active RT, so questions asked were relevant and current. I was a bit nervous but he maintained eye contact and was calm and friendly and kept me at ease, making it easier to answer his questions.

Interview Questions
    • Blood gas interpretations without other information can be challenging when under interview pressure. They are simple when you are testing or in a clinical setting, but when a job depends on your answer all of the sudden, it became very difficult and everything I knew flew out of my head.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

You submit your resume online, it is dumped in with hundreds of others. It helps if you know someone so that they can tell the hiring manager what name to look for. If you are lucky enough to get an interview and they like you it can take up to two months to finish the process before they make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had a conflict with a co-worker...what did you do?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PeaceHealth.

The HR staff are very responsive and kind.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online – interviewed at PeaceHealth in December 2013.

There were a total of three interviews. The process was very slow.

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PeaceHealth in November 2013.

the initial interview was with contractor and employer. Felt very comfortable about the interview. They were focused on customer service in which, I have over 25 years of experience. After the interview I was called with in 15 min and was offered a 6 weeks contract job. It lasted 3 months. My last day with peacehealth is Feb. 14, 2014

Looking for excellent customer service.

Staff Nurse Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at PeaceHealth.

one interview no problem