PeaceHealth Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

The interview was one in-person interview with the head of the department. We went through my resume and explained my previous experience. I didn't have much because I was still a Junior in college. He asked me some behavioral style questions about when I used marketing or social media and went through work samples.

Medical Technologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PeaceHealth in July 2014.

Communication was great and thorough with HR and supervisor leading up to the interview. Phone interview with supervisor followed by in-person interview. They flew me from out-of-state for the interview so that was quite nice. I had a really pleasant experience. Everyone I met on staff was super nice and easygoing.

Interview Questions
    • A few "how would you resolve an issue with a coworker" questions as is standard but nothing crazy. Initial screening conducted during phone interview already.   Answer Question

I was told I was the number one choice and I was excited to work there. Unfortunately, upon negotiation the offer was actually rescinded when I asked for a dollar more than median rate for that position in the area for an individual of my experience, education, etc. I checked with salary.com, salaryexpert.com, federal bureau of labor and statistics, national association of college and employers...the initial offer was a complete lowball (so low it wasn't even on the bell curve!) All of the various sites showed what I asked for to be reasonable but I guess the company doesn't see it that way...I was told I was out of their price range. It leads you to wonder what kind of talent they are trying to recruit here if they aren't willing to pay median salary.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online – interviewed at PeaceHealth.

Soon after applying a recruiter contacted me, she was really friendly and tried to answer my questions as best she could. The whole process was a little longer than I would have hoped, from application and interview to being hired, but I think it was mainly due to my new manager's having a tight schedule. Everyone was friendly and the background check/drug screen/references were all pretty seamless.

Interview Questions
    • Describing my career goals and 5-year plan. This is a really tough one for me personally to answer!   Answer Question
    Keep in mind it's always OK to negotiate your starting pay (or try to!). Never hurts to ask for more if you feel it's warranted.

Registered Respiratory Therapist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PeaceHealth in June 2014.

2 interviews. RT Manager is a hands on active RT, so questions asked were relevant and current. I was a bit nervous but he maintained eye contact and was calm and friendly and kept me at ease, making it easier to answer his questions.

Interview Questions
    • Blood gas interpretations without other information can be challenging when under interview pressure. They are simple when you are testing or in a clinical setting, but when a job depends on your answer all of the sudden, it became very difficult and everything I knew flew out of my head.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Administrative Assistant Interview

You submit your resume online, it is dumped in with hundreds of others. It helps if you know someone so that they can tell the hiring manager what name to look for. If you are lucky enough to get an interview and they like you it can take up to two months to finish the process before they make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had a conflict with a co-worker...what did you do?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at PeaceHealth.

The HR staff are very responsive and kind.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online – interviewed at PeaceHealth in December 2013.

There were a total of three interviews. The process was very slow.

Desktop Support Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at PeaceHealth in November 2013.

the initial interview was with contractor and employer. Felt very comfortable about the interview. They were focused on customer service in which, I have over 25 years of experience. After the interview I was called with in 15 min and was offered a 6 weeks contract job. It lasted 3 months. My last day with peacehealth is Feb. 14, 2014

Looking for excellent customer service.

Staff Nurse Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at PeaceHealth.

one interview no problem

Insurance Analyst - Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at PeaceHealth in July 2012.

I applied online, I was contacted by a recruiter about 3 weeks after applying. The Interview was at their service center in Vancouver WA. In person and one person interviewing on the phone in an office. It was awkward as the in person interviewer did no introductions and dove right into personality questions. They did not describe the job at all until about 20 minutes into the interview. there was a person on the phone and it was hard to hear them and understand. It felt very disorganized. They told me to contact them after a few weeks if I never heard from them again. They did not give me a business card. All prior contact was done with a HR specialist in the office. I am sure I could contact that person, however, I don't think this job would be going anywhere. The overall company seems very disorganized and had recently moved from 150 miles away. This job is creating a dept as all the current workers chose not to stay with the company, I think maybe I know why.