PeachMac Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2014

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Athens, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PeachMac in January 2010.

Taken to a back room and asked a bunch of questions about tech and what you think of Apple as a whole. I was just friendly and showed enthusiasm for the job so I got it.

No negotiation.

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Johns Creek, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johns Creek, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PeachMac in June 2013.

7 min interview that was not even a serious interview. No questions about my job experience. It was all based on how i would work with the manager

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any. Take this offer or don't work for us. Wish I had not worked for them

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at PeachMac.

The interview process is somewhat thorough. The interview I attended was a pre-store opening interview and included nearly 8 different managers conducting the interview. They all asked very similar questions and answers were graded between 0 and 2. 0 Being unable to perform task, 1 being ~mediocre understanding of task and 2 fully capable of performing task (I didn't really care for that format, but it's functional I suppose). I did end up getting the job offer, and as far as income is concerned, the offer was quite acceptable when compared to previous employment, performing the same type of work.

Interview Questions
    • I can't really recall any question that was too difficult. They pertained mostly to applicable job tasks. I suppose one could be ''How do you handle stress when diagnosing machines? As in, lets say there is a long line of customers in the front and there are already several machines in the back that you are working on (there is only one technician), how would you handle this?"   Answer Question
    I'm sure I would have been able to negotiate, as I was asked if the offer was acceptable; but given the offer, I gladly accepted it due to it being much higher than any offer received in the area for this particular work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marietta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at PeachMac in May 2013.

I aplied for the position of part-time sales specialist on about April 23rd or 2013, and I recieved a call from the store manager in mid-May of 2013. There was only one interview, and the type of questions really threw me off. I thought they would be about detailed computer information, but it was more focused on me as a person, not me as a computer specialist, which I liked.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was "If you are trying to explain to an older customer what an external hard drive/flash drive does, how would you do it?" and "How would you explain the different storage spaces to an older customer?"   Answer Question
    There was no negociating, I was offered the position of Sales Specialist, at the pay rate of $9.50/hr. and was told to come in for my first day a week later. The training was very thorough, but I aced it.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peachtree City, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at PeachMac in October 2011.

Pretty easy interview really. Mostly you just sat and listened to a description of the store and company as a whole. The questions were what one would expect from an entry level management position in retail (how would you deal with problems, how would you motivate employees, etc.). Overall I got a good vibe from the interviewer and they had the courtesy of a deadline at which point I would know I didn't get the job. The only negative was there was little review of actual qualifications and the interviewer informed me that they receive a lot of applications (almost bragging). But the experience was positive in that I not only walked away very informed about the company but also with the realization that this position was not for me.

Interview Questions
    • Would you do a return if it were over the store's allocated time?   View Answer
    • Would you be able to work extra during busy times?   View Answer
    • What was the hardest customer service problem you've ever encountered and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • Do you have Mac/Apple experience?   View Answer
    • Are you ok with working extra during the holidays?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Macon, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at PeachMac in October 2010.

The store manager and her supervisor met me at the Barnes & Noble Cafe adjacent to the local Macon, Georgia PeachMac store. Both individuals came across as being polite and professional. The interview questions were very basic regarding background experience with a final question regarding hardware knowledge. They referred to the training process as 'boot camp' and the general employee age in this store appeared to be under 30. The salary they offered at the time ($38,000) was a little below my requirements. I was a bit surprised by the supervisors' extensive arm tattoos. Middle Georgia is generally quite conservative and while that was not quite my style I'm sure it would be just the thing for a younger person.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe to a customer a hard drive and a processor?   View Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

I applied online - interviewed at PeachMac.

Standard retail interview, discuss previous positions and sales experience.
    Guys who interviewed me were AWESOME and it was no pressure.

Interview Questions
    • Asking about what I wanted out of my life in the future.   Answer Question

Worked for PeachMac? Contribute to the Community!