Peanut Labs Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Peanut Labs

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Peanut Labs in May 2013.

Completed a challenge on CodeEval, and the next day got an email asking me to come for an in-person interview.

When I got there, the hiring manager asked me a few usual interview questions, and then gave me a piece of paper with a programming question on it and left the room. The first question was to build a JSON parser and do some fancy output. That took about 3 hours, and I didn't quite finish. I then spoke briefly with another co-worker about my answer to the problem, and was given a sandwich. Then they gave me more paper, with yet another problem on it to build a survey creation tool using HTML/Javascript. I told them I didn't know javascript, so they gave me an internet connection and left the room. After about 4 hours, I had the basics down, but again did not finish.

They asked me to then finish up both problems at home, and if I did so, I would be invited for another interview.

The entire process took 7 hours, plus the time to do the initial CodeEval problems, and the several hours to complete the problems at home. I didn't get much time to ask questions about the position.

I was invited for a second interview, however, given the fact that I was a student, and they wanted yet another 7 hour interview with me, I just didn't have the time to commit to the process so I declined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Peanut Labs in March 2010.

I had an interview at the company couple of days ago. I was asked to solve and code for a problem involving encryption and hashing. There was no time limitation and it took me an hour to come up with a code.
    but he said I got a wrong answer so I could not pass for the next round. The guy gave me a problem was pretty cold and never gave me any hint. it was a pretty bad experience

Interview Questions
    • what is the minimum number would an alphanumeric string be when we don't know the base and what number each character maps to.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Peanut Labs in February 2010.

I get one phone interviews. In the phone interview, they asked me a lot questions about PHP and JAVA
    Because I have a lot of experience about Java programming. They ask me something about projects I developed before. They also asked something about general idea of programming such as what program is considered to be good program.

Project Manager Interview

Interview process was fine. Interviewers seemed all over the place and unprepared. One of the interviews, the second one out of three, I met with several other employees who were supposed to talk to me and gauge how well I would fit in the company. All kind of awkward to be honest.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot remember there being any. All your regular- "strengths?" "weaknesses?" etc   Answer Question
    Very little room for negotiation.

Worked for Peanut Labs? Contribute to the Community!