Peapod Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015

1.7

Delivery Driver, PT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Peapod in February 2015.

Online Application, 15-minute Face-to-face. Do not even let your mobile phone buzz during the interview -- the interviewer commented that it was very rude at the end. Guess she needs stronger focus in the interview -- I was so focused that I didn't even notice it until she brought it up.

Interview Questions
    • They are emphatic about drivers working every weekend and examine this thoroughly in the interview.   View Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Peapod.

Very few questions, Background check , and a physical. Very laid back and personable. set expectation's to the T . Loved it while I worked there just very underpaid. Must be part of a Union which i my mind is a con do to now you are equal and cannot stand out.

Personal Shopper Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Peapod.

Very straight forward, after applying online I received a phone call to come into the facility to meet with HR. Interview went well and proceeded with the hiring process. While meeting with HR, I received a tour of the facility to see where i would be working.

Warehouse Product Selector Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Peapod in February 2014.

Very easy you come in they tell you what they do and hire you they walk you through they train you for 1 day they put you to work the next day

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Peapod in September 2013.

You get a phone call to come in, and there is only one interview. It is done quickly and then all paperwork is done there.

Interview Questions
    • The only questions you are asked are availability and then they tell you pay and shifts.   Answer Question
    There are no negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Setauket, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Setauket, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Peapod in June 2013.

Very easy, asking what hours you are available and if you can stand for entire shifts. Basically guaranteed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Peapod in May 2013.

I responded to an ad from Craigslist for a Part-Time Call Center Rep. Applied online, then at the end of the application, was instructed to call their HR Call Center within 30 minutes of finishing the online application. The Call Center agent asked very basic questions about my current employment situation and regarding availability for an in-person interview at a Peapod Job Fair in Crystal Lake two weeks from the day I applied. I was scheduled for the job fair, then met an HR Recruiter there. She went over my resume and again went over the general overview of the position. She said I was very well-qualified and that she would be in touch to schedule an interview with a Call Center manager. Two days later, i was scheduled to meet the Call Center manager for a 1-on-1 interview at the Peapod office in Lake Zurich. She asked me basic questions regarding my present employer, (What do you do there? How do you prioritize when there are multiple issues at once? Why do you think you'd be a great candidate for the position?) to the other jobs I had listed on my resume. She asked me if I was ok with the commute and the varying hours on the weekends (I live in the city). I told her I had no problem with either. She thanked me for my time and said the HR department would be in touch.
    Everything seemingly went well.
    Three days later, i received an automated HR e-mail stating that they were going to pursue other candidates.
    The entire process took almost a month. I was willing to be flexible with their needs and believe that I am more than qualified for the job. I'll never understand why I wasn't considered for the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a situation where a customer calls you very upset about an issue?   View Answer

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Peapod in November 2011.

Hiring and interview process was good. They were very prompt in reply and took two weeks to get the offer.

Tote Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Peapod in February 2011.

The hiring process is very professional and they make you feel welcome. The interview process was a good experience and they do give you a oppurtunity.

Interview Questions
    Their is no negotiation phase. They explains the pay rate and how much day and nighttime make and you pick a.shift.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Zurich, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Peapod in November 2010.

I had applied for this job 2 times now. Once about a year ago and again this month. Found the ad on craigslist and applied online. I was promptly called to set up an interview. I arrived at the interview, had to fill out a paper copy of the application, the same I filled out online, and waited. Interview started 10 minutes late, I was 10 minutes early. Was not a real interview, no interest in my resume or my past, just the HR lady telling me about the job and answering the questions I had. I tried to talk about my work history and my desire to work there (which is true, I really would like to work for Peapod) but she made it clear that this was just a meeting and she had no say in who gets hired. Strange. "Interview" lasted all of 10 minutes, I was thanked for my time and showed the door. The next day I got the thanks but no thanks email. No big deal. I was looking for jobs on craigslist later that day and Peapod had reposted the ad looking for drivers. Weird. Why would they pass if they need drivers so badly without even giving me a real interview? I am not trying to hype myself up but I have been a delivery driver in a truck larger than the ones they use for over ten years in both the city and suburbs, I have a clean driving record and no police record. It just seems strange that they need drivers but will not give an actual interview to a person who is very qualified and showed a true desire to work there. This is pretty much the case both time I applied. They do not let you apply again for 6 months. The whole thing has left a real bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions
    • Really did not ask me any questions, just talked about the job to me and answered any questions I had.   Answer Question