Pearson Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jul 28, 2014

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Pearson in October 2010.

I came in through a referral and interviewed the hiring manager and two peers. I interviewed in October and was told that they wanted to make an offer but by then the requisition had been frozen till the end of the year. It wasn't until mid-January the next year that I received and accepted an offer. I started then end of January.

Interview Questions
    • There were no surprises. The most difficult was the reason I was looking to leave my current job.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson in February 2010.

So long ago I don't remember. I very much liked the job and work I was doing if management had gotten out of the way.

Smooth

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Fair and methodical

Interview Questions
    • Name a movie that describes your life?   View Answer
    again fair. I want to work for Pearson.

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson in May 2012.

The interview took place in a dark, quiet part of a floor that seemed to be deserted. The atmosphere was not inviting and there was nothing about the conversation that made me want to work at Pearson.

Interview Questions
    • The big red flag was when the interviewer explained that Pearson rarely hired anyone permanently, no matter how long they'd been with the company.   Answer Question

Test Administrator(Part-time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Had two interviews. One phone interview with a nice lady on the phone. Other one in person in a waiting room. All the questions were very behavioral. After the interview process was over, they found me overqualified and chose another candidate over me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work part-time as opposed to full-time? Why do you want to do this job with your current qualifications?   View Answer

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pearson in May 2012.

I applied online for a temporary position and received a phone call to set up a phone interview. Then, had an in-person interview and a skills test for proofreading a few weeks later when I got back to Boston (I was away at school initially). Finally, I received a call a fews days later with an offer, followed by a very detailed email from HR to confirm everything and establish salary/hours.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing particularly difficult or unexpected - all of the questions were standard interview questions (which I had studied beforehand and practiced a bit, so there was not anything that I couldn't handle or come up with an answer for).   Answer Question

QA Intern In Pearson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in March 2013.

before onsite interview I pass a skype interview, in which I was asked 3 questions about coding, 2 are simple and regular coding problems: like turning an input number, for example, 12345 (int) into 54321. The third question is about SQL coding. very simple and basic.
    On the onsite interview, just talked about the research work I have done and some activities in the past. very relax.

Pearson Student Advisory Board Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Pearson in April 2012.

Interview was traditional in nature. Took 2 to 3 months to get a response from the organization on the decision made after being told it will be one month.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Very long process as others have said. Phone screening, then face to face, then the project which was very time consuming, then another face to face. After all that I didn't hear anything for a few weeks before getting turned down for the job. I can't say I didn't learn a lot from the experience though.

Pearson Education Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Submitted my application. Was contacted by HR for a phone interview with recruiter. Was later contacted by HR again saying that a manager was interested in me (the managers had been given a stack of resumes to look through, so make those good!). Had a call with my would-be manager, who requested that I also talk to another team member of hers. After those two 'interviews' with my manager/co-worker, I got a call from HR with an offer.

None

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!