Pearson

Updated Jul 28, 2014

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Fair and methodical

Interview Questions
    • Name a movie that describes your life?   View Answer
    again fair. I want to work for Pearson.

Test Administrator(Part-time) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Had two interviews. One phone interview with a nice lady on the phone. Other one in person in a waiting room. All the questions were very behavioral. After the interview process was over, they found me overqualified and chose another candidate over me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work part-time as opposed to full-time? Why do you want to do this job with your current qualifications?   View Answer

QA Intern In Pearson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in March 2013.

before onsite interview I pass a skype interview, in which I was asked 3 questions about coding, 2 are simple and regular coding problems: like turning an input number, for example, 12345 (int) into 54321. The third question is about SQL coding. very simple and basic.
    On the onsite interview, just talked about the research work I have done and some activities in the past. very relax.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Very long process as others have said. Phone screening, then face to face, then the project which was very time consuming, then another face to face. After all that I didn't hear anything for a few weeks before getting turned down for the job. I can't say I didn't learn a lot from the experience though.

Pearson Education Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Submitted my application. Was contacted by HR for a phone interview with recruiter. Was later contacted by HR again saying that a manager was interested in me (the managers had been given a stack of resumes to look through, so make those good!). Had a call with my would-be manager, who requested that I also talk to another team member of hers. After those two 'interviews' with my manager/co-worker, I got a call from HR with an offer.

None

Copy Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson in May 2012.

The interview took place in a dark, quiet part of a floor that seemed to be deserted. The atmosphere was not inviting and there was nothing about the conversation that made me want to work at Pearson.

Interview Questions
    • The big red flag was when the interviewer explained that Pearson rarely hired anyone permanently, no matter how long they'd been with the company.   Answer Question

Proofreader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pearson in May 2012.

I applied online for a temporary position and received a phone call to set up a phone interview. Then, had an in-person interview and a skills test for proofreading a few weeks later when I got back to Boston (I was away at school initially). Finally, I received a call a fews days later with an offer, followed by a very detailed email from HR to confirm everything and establish salary/hours.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing particularly difficult or unexpected - all of the questions were standard interview questions (which I had studied beforehand and practiced a bit, so there was not anything that I couldn't handle or come up with an answer for).   Answer Question

Pearson Student Advisory Board Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson in April 2012.

Interview was traditional in nature. Took 2 to 3 months to get a response from the organization on the decision made after being told it will be one month.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in March 2012.

HR set up the initial phone interviews. Was asked to come in to interview with the team. Weeks went by, never heard from anyone at the company. I had to follow up only to find out I I was rejected for the position.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in April 2011.

Interviewing with Pearson has been a pleasure. The staff have coached me along, and I feel like I've been given a chance to train and professionally develop even prior to receiving an offer. I have met with six different people and done a mock phone call, which is more intense than Kaplan, Cengage or any other educational sales position I've interviewed for. Anyone interviewing with Pearson should just go with the flow, be themselves, and understand that they are in a competition with highly qualified candidates. Do what you can to stand out and treat the interview process like you would treat a sale. Get ready for a challenge as the process is more detailed and intricate than any interview I've experienced or conducted, but this company is worth competing for!