Pearson Editor Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Glenview, IL) in October 2008.

Interview

Although I knew the hiring manager wanted to hire me, I had to have another interview with an individual from HR. She did her best to rattle me or make me feel I was not suited to the position. The hiring manager was very apologetic that I even had to do a second interview with HR, but it was out of his hands.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel that you are qualified for this position although you do not have all of the skills we seek?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Editor Interview

Interview

Takes two weeks, I can't remember anything special about the interview.. I think just like any ordinary interview. Basic questions on qualification and background.. and when we came about the expected salary the interviewer ask 'how much your salary can be lowered?' I just said 200-300 (with heavy feeling in my heart)..but hey, I still got the job, without any pay cut at all! The interview is then followed by an editorial skill

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Emailed me to do a "video interview" - think of the movie "Up in the Air". You are asked a question and you stare at an inanimate object (your computer) and give an answer. The HR person can then listen to it, rewind, fast forward, etc. I refused. You can't hire someone based on how they talk to a box.

Editor Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in September 2009.

Interview

Company took close to 6 weeks to contact me for a written test. Took a written test which lasted an hour. Company called again 2 weeks later (I had given up my hopes for getting the job) for an interview. Interview was about 45 minutes with two members of management. One member kept taking phonecalls during the interview.

Negotiation

Little room for negitiation of benefits or salary

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pearson in February 2009.

Interview

First interview was a group test, which consists of questions which test your knowledge of English. Doing well for this initial part, I was called for a 1:1 second interview with the Senior Publisher. Run-of-the-mill interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an Editor dealing with educational material   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Don't bother too; there is not much leeway.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in August 2008.

Interview

My interview was really an examination of skills and confirmation of credentials. Editing is really a technical position so once my online application was reviewed and fact checked, I was given the assignment to edit and critique two pieces of writing. I had 24 hours to do so. Once I submitted my edits and reviews, I received an offer within days.

Interview Questions

• How would you politely tell a customery that their request is impossible?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I knew that the work was per piece edited.