Pearson Editorial Assistant Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glenview, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I interviewed online - interviewed at Pearson in March 2013.

Recruiter sets up interviews with multiple managers.

Interview Questions
Did not feel I was able to negotiate because I was interviewing for two positions.

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

It was a long drawn-out process, mainly because the HR recruiter told me to apply for a position for which I was overqualified. Eventually everything worked out, but the process would have been a lot shorter had I been able to apply directly to the position myself (and there were several options within different lists). The HR recruiter was great at following up when initiating the interview process, but failed to follow up after the interview had taken place.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness and how are you overcoming it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pearson in February 2010.

I phone interviewed with the editor I would be directly working for. Then was interviewed in person by the editor. Then interviewed with the vice president (that was mostly an informational meeting). The one that mattered was the editor, and I think it was mostly to see if there was a match in personality. Every editor seemed to have their own way of choosing.

Interview Questions
    No. The pay for this position is set and there isn't room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pearson in September 2010.

First I had a phone screen interview with an HR rep. Then I interviewed in person with the HR rep, the hiring manager, and one of the admin coordinators.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pearson in July 2010.

Interviewed with 5 people in person over a period of 2 hours. Very easy interview process - all questions were typical interview questions so there were no surprises. Most people just wanted to chat. A successful interview doesn't take more than being friendly, easy going, and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - you must accept the awful salary. This is difficult for a recent college graduate because you have to get a job and it would be stupid to turn one down despite the fact that you'll never be able to support yourself.

Editorial Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Pearson in June 2012.

Pearson's online careers page is easy to navigate. It allows you to import your information straight from LinkedIn or upload a resume. I applied for many positions but only heard back about one of them. I did not receive emails or phone calls acknowledging my other applications. I did, however, receive weekly updates about new positions available.

As far as hiring processes go for my internship, I had it fairly easy. I received an email requesting a time for a phone interview. The interview lasted approximately 30-minutes. Two days after the phone interview, I received one email asking me to complete an online application that was more detailed than the original. The next day I received another email asking me to call Human Resources.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time in your work history when you felt valued as an employee. Describe that situation.   View Answer

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!