Pearson

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Editorial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

I was contacted by a recruiter who'd seen my resume floating around and she connected me with the Editor I came to work for. The interviewing process was seamless--they were both very impressed with previous editorial experience. The editor was unexpectedly enthusiastic about previous sales experience, as he felt EAs should transition into sales positions.

Interview Questions
  • The editor I interviewed with was very interested in previous sales experience, almost trying to sell me on a Sales career before I entered Editorial.   Answer Question
There was very little wiggle room as far as compensation packages go.

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

It was a long drawn-out process, mainly because the HR recruiter told me to apply for a position for which I was overqualified. Eventually everything worked out, but the process would have been a lot shorter had I been able to apply directly to the position myself (and there were several options within different lists). The HR recruiter was great at following up when initiating the interview process, but failed to follow up after the interview had taken place.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest weakness and how are you overcoming it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson in March 2013.

Recruiter sets up interviews with multiple managers.

Interview Questions
    Did not feel I was able to negotiate because I was interviewing for two positions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pearson in September 2010.

First I had a phone screen interview with an HR rep. Then I interviewed in person with the HR rep, the hiring manager, and one of the admin coordinators.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pearson in July 2010.

Interviewed with 5 people in person over a period of 2 hours. Very easy interview process - all questions were typical interview questions so there were no surprises. Most people just wanted to chat. A successful interview doesn't take more than being friendly, easy going, and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - you must accept the awful salary. This is difficult for a recent college graduate because you have to get a job and it would be stupid to turn one down despite the fact that you'll never be able to support yourself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pearson in February 2010.

I phone interviewed with the editor I would be directly working for. Then was interviewed in person by the editor. Then interviewed with the vice president (that was mostly an informational meeting). The one that mattered was the editor, and I think it was mostly to see if there was a match in personality. Every editor seemed to have their own way of choosing.

Interview Questions
    No. The pay for this position is set and there isn't room for negotiation.

Editorial Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pearson in June 2012.

Pearson's online careers page is easy to navigate. It allows you to import your information straight from LinkedIn or upload a resume. I applied for many positions but only heard back about one of them. I did not receive emails or phone calls acknowledging my other applications. I did, however, receive weekly updates about new positions available.

As far as hiring processes go for my internship, I had it fairly easy. I received an email requesting a time for a phone interview. The interview lasted approximately 30-minutes. Two days after the phone interview, I received one email asking me to complete an online application that was more detailed than the original. The next day I received another email asking me to call Human Resources.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time in your work history when you felt valued as an employee. Describe that situation.   View Answer