Pearson

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Glenview, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Pearson in March 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter sets up interviews with multiple managers.

Interview Question – Had a test to develop content.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not feel I was able to negotiate because I was interviewing for two positions.

Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Interview Details – It was a long drawn-out process, mainly because the HR recruiter told me to apply for a position for which I was overqualified. Eventually everything worked out, but the process would have been a lot shorter had I been able to apply directly to the position myself (and there were several options within different lists). The HR recruiter was great at following up when initiating the interview process, but failed to follow up after the interview had taken place.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness and how are you overcoming it?   Answer Question

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pearson in February 2010.

Interview Details – I phone interviewed with the editor I would be directly working for. Then was interviewed in person by the editor. Then interviewed with the vice president (that was mostly an informational meeting). The one that mattered was the editor, and I think it was mostly to see if there was a match in personality. Every editor seemed to have their own way of choosing.

Interview Question – How would you deal with difficult authors?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. The pay for this position is set and there isn't room for negotiation.

Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pearson in September 2010.

Interview Details – First I had a phone screen interview with an HR rep. Then I interviewed in person with the HR rep, the hiring manager, and one of the admin coordinators.

Interview Question – What qualities do you most value in a manager?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pearson in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 5 people in person over a period of 2 hours. Very easy interview process - all questions were typical interview questions so there were no surprises. Most people just wanted to chat. A successful interview doesn't take more than being friendly, easy going, and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - you must accept the awful salary. This is difficult for a recent college graduate because you have to get a job and it would be stupid to turn one down despite the fact that you'll never be able to support yourself.

Editorial Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pearson in June 2012.

Interview Details – Pearson's online careers page is easy to navigate. It allows you to import your information straight from LinkedIn or upload a resume. I applied for many positions but only heard back about one of them. I did not receive emails or phone calls acknowledging my other applications. I did, however, receive weekly updates about new positions available.

As far as hiring processes go for my internship, I had it fairly easy. I received an email requesting a time for a phone interview. The interview lasted approximately 30-minutes. Two days after the phone interview, I received one email asking me to complete an online application that was more detailed than the original. The next day I received another email asking me to call Human Resources.

Interview Question – Think of a time in your work history when you felt valued as an employee. Describe that situation.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pearson

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pearson Editorial Assistant interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pearson employees and interview candidates.