Pearson

Pearson Interview Questions in Glenview, IL

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson in March 2013.

Recruiter sets up interviews with multiple managers.

Interview Questions
    Did not feel I was able to negotiate because I was interviewing for two positions.

Publisher's Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson in October 2009.

The hiring and interview process is very lengthy at Pearson, and for many positions a "project" is also required of all applicants. For the Publisher's Rep position, I was ultimately hired after 1 phone interview, 4 in-person interviews, 2 shadowing sessions with current reps, and completion of a "campus project". The "campus project" involved calling on current or potential customers to interview faculty members about their perspective of the publishing industry, the sales process, etc. The post-project write up was then submitted for review along with any insights I learned from the day of "practicing" the job.

Interview Questions
    • The in person interview with the district manager was very straightforward. The sales trainer liked to ask more of the pointless philosophical questions like "what is the most difficult work situation you've been in and how did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in October 2008.

Although I knew the hiring manager wanted to hire me, I had to have another interview with an individual from HR. She did her best to rattle me or make me feel I was not suited to the position. The hiring manager was very apologetic that I even had to do a second interview with HR, but it was out of his hands.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel that you are qualified for this position although you do not have all of the skills we seek?   Answer Question