Pearson

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Editorial Assistant Interview

Glenview, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Pearson in March 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter sets up interviews with multiple managers.

Interview Question – Had a test to develop content.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not feel I was able to negotiate because I was interviewing for two positions.

Publisher's Representative Interview

Glenview, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson in October 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring and interview process is very lengthy at Pearson, and for many positions a "project" is also required of all applicants. For the Publisher's Rep position, I was ultimately hired after 1 phone interview, 4 in-person interviews, 2 shadowing sessions with current reps, and completion of a "campus project". The "campus project" involved calling on current or potential customers to interview faculty members about their perspective of the publishing industry, the sales process, etc. The post-project write up was then submitted for review along with any insights I learned from the day of "practicing" the job.

Interview Question – The in person interview with the district manager was very straightforward. The sales trainer liked to ask more of the pointless philosophical questions like "what is the most difficult work situation you've been in and how did you handle it?"   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Editor
Glenview, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in October 2008.

Interview Details – Although I knew the hiring manager wanted to hire me, I had to have another interview with an individual from HR. She did her best to rattle me or make me feel I was not suited to the position. The hiring manager was very apologetic that I even had to do a second interview with HR, but it was out of his hands.

Interview Question – Do you feel that you are qualified for this position although you do not have all of the skills we seek?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pearson interview questions and advice in Glenview, IL. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pearson employees and interview candidates.