Pearson Intern Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter. Heard back a week later requesting a day and time for a computerized video interview. During the interview, there wasn't anyone on the other side, which was a bit weird - it was just me watching myself answer the typewritten questions on the screen. Submitted the video and could rewatch. Received feedback on the video a few weeks later and an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Iowa City, IA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied on the Pearson website in March and received a call back about 6 weeks later. I did an initial phone interview with the human resource manager. The conversation was easygoing. She asked about my future goals and behavioral questions (what did I do in ____ situation). The last question was: what are your top fave apps as of right now. The screener lasted about 30 minutes. Thereafter, I was scheduled to have an interview with the head of the department with which I would work. The interview was a week later at 9am and lasted an hour long. The interview went extremely well. My boss was easygoing, outgoing, and very attentive to my interests. Traditional interview questions weren't posed during the 1:1--it seemed that the test was whether or not I could hold my own in a conversation--if that makes sense. About two weeks after the second interview, I heard back from the human resource manager and was offered the job. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a technical malfunction and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pearson (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Typical interview--nothing too surprising. The questions were short and sweet, though I imagine the interview process would be more comprehensive if it had been for a permanent position. It was an overall very positive experience--the HR people at Pearson are some of the most personable around.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase for this level of employment--though I imagine they would be very fair and reasonable. Again, the HR at Pearson are actually good people that care about the entire process and the well being of the employees.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson in May 2011.

Interview

Initially I applied on Pearson's website for the position. I got an email from HR saying that I would be getting a phone call from the specific department that was interested in me in a week. That next week, I got a phone call from the department with a woman, who would later be the person I reported to. That was fairly easy. Then, I got an email saying that I made it to the final round and would need to go to the office to interview with my boss. Here, I interviewed with 2 younger workers who prescreened me and then I interviewed for about an hour and a half with my boss. The people were generally friendly and it was not a difficult process, but the final interview was hard. I would advise people to definitely read up on the company a lot beforehand and know the competitors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had to accept on the spot because of the competition. There really is no negotiation with your offer. They basically told me to take it and if I didn't, they had a list of people who they would call.