Pearson

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Iowa City, IA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on the Pearson website in March and received a call back about 6 weeks later. I did an initial phone interview with the human resource manager. The conversation was easygoing. She asked about my future goals and behavioral questions (what did I do in ____ situation). The last question was: what are your top fave apps as of right now. The screener lasted about 30 minutes. Thereafter, I was scheduled to have an interview with the head of the department with which I would work. The interview was a week later at 9am and lasted an hour long. The interview went extremely well. My boss was easygoing, outgoing, and very attentive to my interests. Traditional interview questions weren't posed during the 1:1--it seemed that the test was whether or not I could hold my own in a conversation--if that makes sense. About two weeks after the second interview, I heard back from the human resource manager and was offered the job. I accepted.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had a technical malfunction and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Pearson in March 2010.

Interview Details – Typical interview--nothing too surprising. The questions were short and sweet, though I imagine the interview process would be more comprehensive if it had been for a permanent position. It was an overall very positive experience--the HR people at Pearson are some of the most personable around.

Interview Question – What is you greatest strength?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation phase for this level of employment--though I imagine they would be very fair and reasonable. Again, the HR at Pearson are actually good people that care about the entire process and the well being of the employees.

Intern

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson in May 2011.

Interview Details – Initially I applied on Pearson's website for the position. I got an email from HR saying that I would be getting a phone call from the specific department that was interested in me in a week. That next week, I got a phone call from the department with a woman, who would later be the person I reported to. That was fairly easy. Then, I got an email saying that I made it to the final round and would need to go to the office to interview with my boss. Here, I interviewed with 2 younger workers who prescreened me and then I interviewed for about an hour and a half with my boss. The people were generally friendly and it was not a difficult process, but the final interview was hard. I would advise people to definitely read up on the company a lot beforehand and know the competitors.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I had to accept on the spot because of the competition. There really is no negotiation with your offer. They basically told me to take it and if I didn't, they had a list of people who they would call.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!