Pearson

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.9

Software Development Interview

First round is phone interview. The guy asked several questions about Java features and my resume. The second round is onsite. I was still asked question on my resume. Nothing too weird or difficult.

Sales Representative Interview

Hard to reach people within the company. Never heard response after second interview. The interview process was lengthy. It took over three months when it was all said and done.

Recruiter Interview

My interview process although long and intensive was a positive experience. I spoke with 2 people on the phone prior to coming into the office where I met with 4 people over the course of my day here. Everyone was nice, honest and really passionate about the job. My process started via an online posting and I was contacted from there by a local representative.

Interview Questions
    • How I felt about changing pace and working in a new environment.   Answer Question
    I provided a dollar figure and from there received a call back as to whether or not they could accommodate my desired number.

Pearson Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Terrible phone interview process. I was contact after I applied online on their corporate website (directed to by our university). The recruiter calls right on the clock, which was good, but she asked me NOTHING about myself. I thought she would have called to discuss my backgrounds and fit with the company, but she was uninterested. Do they hire just anyone? Her first question asked about what I knew about the company and delved into the oddest behavioral questions ever. No responses to my emails and just a generic rejection email couple days later. Couldnt even ask for feedback because she just cut me off.

Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Phone interview followed by a in person interview. Direct manager was located in different state. Never met her face-to-face until after being hired. Met with the VP. The interview process was straight to the point. No fluff.

Interview Questions
    There is an option to negotiate.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Several interviews with different divisions of the company; including marketing, custom and technology sales, as well as the division president. A campus project is required and will take at least two to three days to complete.

Software Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

3 rounds 1 HR 1 technical 1 onsite. HR would ask basic questions on your resume. Technical would be through google hangouts. Basic programming and logical questions. Question on Pseudocode. Last round would be onsite, just to assess your personality and provide you with offer

Enrollement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

First phone screening by the recruiter, he then brings you in for an "open house session" as they call it. I can admit I was a bit nervous. As I sat down with 3 different managers for the position. This was my first time doing a group interview session. Very intense process ,unfortunately I did not get the position.

Test Center Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

apply online. initial phone screening interview. onsite interview with one up manager (regional) although that interview may be a phone interview as well. My interview was over the phone with a recruiter, then with the test center manager and regional manager on a conference call. I was hired sight unseen.

Interview Questions
    • most questions center around honesty and integrity, customer service.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Spoke with recruiter, who guided me through the process of submitting my resume via their website. Met with SVP, Director, Hiring Manager, and Principal during interview process. Interview process was pretty straight forward, relying more on explaining my past experience and what I had direct work experience with versus asking a lot of direct technical questions to test my knowledge. The recruiter was my primary point of contact coordinating the entire process, but didn't know/understand much about the actual role.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was overly difficult or unexpected. It was one of the most straightforward interviews I've had.   Answer Question
    I did not push hard to negotiate, which I wish I had. The recruiter seemed very firm on pretty much everything being non-negotiable, but later found out others had been able to negotiate additional vacation time, etc.