Pearson Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Phone Interview- Screening and role play. In Person Interview- More screening and resume discussion. Campus Project- Go out on a solo mission and "act" as if you are a rep. Lengthy and detailed report to follow. Technology Demonstration- (Role play) Pitch a sales presentation of learning technology to "professors." Also, they give you scenarios. *Final Interview- This step is TBD, but I had an "extra interview" in person with a regional VP. (This step is usually over the phone) Yes, it's that competitive! This process is grueling and very long, mine ran 2-3 months. They make sure they weed out those who want it, from those who don't. It's a very competitive process so bring your A-Game and focus only on this process. It's hard to juggle multiple processes when trying to give this one your all. Remember, you could be competing with people from the industry, so show how you can bring something different to the table.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

First - phone interview to get to know more information about your job history and learn more about position. Second, face-to-face interview with District Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager. It was basically a walk through my resume and ask further questions about job history and the position. Next, campus project and then final face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Multi step process: 1. Initial email screening (4-5 questions) 2. Phone interview with District manager (30mins) 3. Face to face interview with District Manager & Regional Manager (1.5 hours) Resume walk, Q&A 4. Campus Project (Google this for samples; assigned campus for a day with goal to interview as many professors as possible within Pearson's disciplines/Experience a day in the life of a rep) 5. Develop campus project report detailing your prep for and execution of your campus project. 6. Face to face interview with District Manager, Regional Manager, Tech Specialist (1.5+ hours) Campus project report walk through, reflection, technology demo/role play, Q&A with panel 7. Phone interview with VP (30-40 mins)

Interview Questions

• How would you approach a professor who isn't pleased with their current textbook company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations; offer made

Scorer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

There was not a traditional "interview". I applied online and filled out a questionnaire of sorts. It asked me some situational questions about my experience working with a team. Really typical questions, nothing difficult to answer. Next day I got a call with a job offer saying I could come in and sign my contract.

Interview Questions

• How would you give someone constructive criticism?   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Iowa City, IA).

Interview

The hiring process was a breeze. The interviewers were really excited and spent half of the time up selling the company. They didn't even ask any of the standard trick questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the most exciting thing you have worked on this week? How would you merge two files and ensure there are no duplicates?   Answer Question

Enrollment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Met with another department for about 30 minutes. Was a one-on-one interview, interviewer was polite and talked mostly about the position. Interviewer was mainly interested in my background and why I was seeking the position (which I was overqualified for). Told me he would recommend me for the position. Very friendly guy.

Interview Questions

• Q. Would you stay long-term with the company? Q. Do you have any sales/call center experience?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson in July 2015.

Interview

It was a long and extremely time consuming. Campus project is involved and they are expecting the candidate to bring back somewhat of a business. The communication was very slow and unresponsive and hesitant when trying to accelerate the process. This interview will be difficult for someone who is in a dire need for a job

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Long interview process. If you have full time job be ready to take some personal time to complete different tasks. If you get through the panel interview, you'll be asked to complete a campus project. You can't prepare enough for this.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Thoughtful discussion with hiring manager and other sales managers on what the job entails, a project consisting of taking a closer look at the roles you play in the job every day, interview conversations with several tiers of management.

Interview Questions

• How would you rank the job responsibilities a district sales manager has?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson in June 2015.

Interview

This was a joke! One and a half hour interview and the "managers" we're dressed in business casual attire....Really? Must have needed an additional candidate to bring in for Quito! Was not impressed with either "manager!"