Pearson

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.9

Sales Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson in September 2010.

This entire process was a huge and I mean huge waste of time. Interviewing for an entry level position and it was as if I was running for office in D.C. I had five face-to-face interviews and then three phone interviews. The last one was with the Sales VP in Boston who has a personality of a brick wall. He's strange and the most impersonal person I have ever met. As a matter of fact all the reps I know think he's strange too.

Interview Questions
    • Will you work 15 hour days if necessary?   Answer Question
    • Will your family adopt our culture and deal with you working on holidays?   Answer Question
    What a joke, they pay you like a college grad and expect you to wait over a year to make a bonus and it you don't hit 95% of the sales goal you get nothing at all. So if you goal is three million and you come in at 94% of that Pearson makes a ton of money and you get NOTHING!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in April 2011.

Interviewing with Pearson has been a pleasure. The staff have coached me along, and I feel like I've been given a chance to train and professionally develop even prior to receiving an offer. I have met with six different people and done a mock phone call, which is more intense than Kaplan, Cengage or any other educational sales position I've interviewed for. Anyone interviewing with Pearson should just go with the flow, be themselves, and understand that they are in a competition with highly qualified candidates. Do what you can to stand out and treat the interview process like you would treat a sale. Get ready for a challenge as the process is more detailed and intricate than any interview I've experienced or conducted, but this company is worth competing for!

Senior Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pearson in August 2012.

Applied on line, had 30 minute HR Phone Screen, then phone interview with Hiring Manager. I was brought in for a panel interview with peers, after panel interview was given a written test, Then met with hiring manager for 30 minute in person interview. Manager told me that things had changed and they were going to bring over an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Written test was difficult, had you write up requirements for a phone answering system.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson.

1.Initial HR Interview Phone Screen (20 Minutes)
    2. Phone Interview with District Director (Hiring Manager) (30 minutes)
    3. In-person interview with District Director (Hiring Manager) (1 hour)
        ....asked to sell something, asked a lot of questions about my resume and situational questions about things I've done in past jobs...
    4. Asked to do a Campus Project, was given 3 business days and involved going to a campus and interviewing several chairs and professors and then creating a blog to summarize all of my findings.
    5. Asked to do an analysis project where I was given data sets to analyze and created PowerPoint to break it down and make recommendations...
    6. Skype interview with Regional Manager (40 minutes)
    ....same type of questions as in the last...
    7. Phone Interview V.P. of Training (20 minutes)
    8. In-person interview out of state with Regional Manager (1 hour 15 minutes)
    9. Skype interview with Vice President of Sales

Interview Questions
    • The projects were time consuming and so very difficult since I have a job already right now... Questions were really not that difficult -- most revolved around past work experiences. But be prepared to "Sale" them something. Whether it be something on the table in an early interview or an actual Pearson product in the later interviews. Know why you want to work with the company and be convincing in why you would be good at it and how you have the skills and drive required to succeed.   View Answer

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pearson in February 2010.

The interview was unpleasant as the interviewer was confrontational and judgmental concerning age. She made unnecessary references to age although she was older herself. She cut off explanations to questions she asked and seemed impatient to end the interview. She was unwilling to look at background or previous experience in the field.

Interview Questions
    • She kept asking to think "out of the box" way too many times. Her questions were not deep and elaborating to satisfy her request was impossible, without making something up just to get her to stop using that tiresome phrase.   Answer Question

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

Received an email a few days after applying online and set up a Skype interview. It was a 30 minute technical interview with the senior engineer. I was asked to solve two Java related problems in regards to QA.

Interview Questions
    • I have college experience with Java and do not memorize specific Java tools and I was asked to solve questions using these standards. Although I knew how to solve the problems, I was unable to answer them due to specific Java related knowledge.   Answer Question

Tech Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

A company called Signature Consultants out of Boston, MA called me they did a phone interview. I then was asked to fill out paperwork with my SSN for a background check, which I feel is not necessary, unless offered a position first. And in my opinion should be illegal as per to avoid scams. But then I was pestered by the recruiter the day of, and right before the interview. She told me that the interviewer would ask me the following questions. 1. How to make a PB& J sandwich 2. What are two strengths and weaknesses? 3. How to find an IP address, or explain it to someone who doesn't know. She then said that they are looking for people with alot of "personality". But when I got there, the interviewer did not ask me any of those questions. He just said "Oh it looks like you have a alot of technical experience based on your resume." What hours can you work? "This job is more customer service orientated, rather than technical". " I have a good feeling". "Do you have any questions for me?" And I said that's it?. I was expecting more questions, and a tech test. He then said no. "We are looking to hire pretty quick'. And I added that I was available anytime for training. He then walked me out the front door. And told the recruiter that they filled the position.

Interview Questions
    • I feel like if the position was more customer service related he could have asked me some customer service scenario and/or have me do a mock customer service phone call. I feel like he honestly took one look at me,and discriminated against the way I look and decided not to hire me!   Answer Question

Pearson Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Terrible phone interview process. I was contact after I applied online on their corporate website (directed to by our university). The recruiter calls right on the clock, which was good, but she asked me NOTHING about myself. I thought she would have called to discuss my backgrounds and fit with the company, but she was uninterested. Do they hire just anyone? Her first question asked about what I knew about the company and delved into the oddest behavioral questions ever. No responses to my emails and just a generic rejection email couple days later. Couldnt even ask for feedback because she just cut me off.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Several interviews with different divisions of the company; including marketing, custom and technology sales, as well as the division president. A campus project is required and will take at least two to three days to complete.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pearson in February 2014.

Very intense and you have to go out in the field on your own and sell their product before you are hired. It's called a campus project. You are given an assigned school, you select a discipline to work in and you call on the instructor's on your own by looking at their schedule before hand and sending emails in hopes they will participate in the project seeing as though you are a new hire.