Pearson Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Editor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Emailed me to do a "video interview" - think of the movie "Up in the Air". You are asked a question and you stare at an inanimate object (your computer) and give an answer. The HR person can then listen to it, rewind, fast forward, etc. I refused. You can't hire someone based on how they talk to a box.

Editor Interview

Interview

Takes two weeks, I can't remember anything special about the interview.. I think just like any ordinary interview. Basic questions on qualification and background.. and when we came about the expected salary the interviewer ask 'how much your salary can be lowered?' I just said 200-300 (with heavy feeling in my heart)..but hey, I still got the job, without any pay cut at all! The interview is then followed by an editorial skill

Pearson Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (New York, NY).

Interview

15 min. phone interview, 45 min "in-person"/skype interview, video cover letter, in person hiring summit.

15 minute phone interview was basically a screen, checking to see how much you knew about the company before moving on.

Skype interview was more in depth, asked questions about how you measure success, etc.

Principal Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Interview process is pretty decent. They usually move pretty fast on the candidates they like.

Internship Interview

Interview

Just a general question process. We actually talked more about the internship than tech stuff. No real questions were asked

Software QA Analyst Interview

Interview

Met with a group of team member followed by an interview with managers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very long process as others have said. Phone screening, then face to face, then the project which was very time consuming, then another face to face. After all that I didn't hear anything for a few weeks before getting turned down for the job. I can't say I didn't learn a lot from the experience though.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Long interview, interviewers asked a lot of technical questions. They are kind in talking but really tough in the questions.

Manager Interview

Interview

It will take a long time to hear back from HR.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pearson in June 2013.

Interview

applied online, heard back after couple days asking for a SKYPE interview. It's like 30 min technical interview, questions were not too hard. Some java some SQL problems.

Interview Questions

• classic java programming problems   3 Answers

Negotiation

not too much room to negotiate.