Pearson Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.9

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in August 2013.

Interview

Was recruited for the position- met with the hiring manager and marketing manager that I would work with in this role. Most of the questions were specifically around my last role in what I did or how I overcame challenges etc.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome an obstacle that prevented success in your last role?   Answer Question

Production Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

The call was out of the blue. Hiring manager was a little distracted but friendly enough. Nothing about the interview was particularly memorable in hindsight, which was good... but not good considering the job itself was pretty awful. This was just a lousy job at a very good company. Right company, wrong job.

Interview Questions

• A lot of hypotheticals about situations where conflicting tasks arise.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pearson (Chicago, IL) in June 2013.

Interview

There was no interview, I was called by recruiter who found my resume on a popular website. Went in for what I thought was an interview with recruiter, and ended up filling out all my W4 etc. and started within a week. I was one of four hires for their four openings. It was evident one within the first two days that one of the other candidates had never ever worked on a computer before, of any kind. The other two had never used a Mac OS (in which I am well-versed). Spent first days coaching co-workers, transcribing children's' books and shelving books in library because there was not any work for us during the first days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Recruiter presented terms, I accepted.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Bloomington, MN) in June 2014.

Interview

We had a phone interview, person was nice. Then scheduled an in person interview with two managers. That went fine. It was an average interview. Nice building. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Interview Questions

• How do you think your past experience helps you with this position?   Answer Question

Proctor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson (Daly City, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was a quick process that took under a week. First I had two phone interviews which took under 30 minutes. Then they let me know that I have been hired and would like me to go into the site and have a face to face meeting and get all the paperwork filled out. It was quite simple. Then they will give you all the log-ins and start your computer training on your next scheduled date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Enrollment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Orlando, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Met with another department for about 30 minutes. Was a one-on-one interview, interviewer was polite and talked mostly about the position. Interviewer was mainly interested in my background and why I was seeking the position (which I was overqualified for). Told me he would recommend me for the position. Very friendly guy.

Interview Questions

• Q. Would you stay long-term with the company? Q. Do you have any sales/call center experience?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Got the call from HR two weeks after applied. She barely asked me anything, just like "how is your job searching?""Are you still available". Then she told me to be onsite the next week. The onsite interview lasted 30 minutes, two managers asked me about some basic Java, SQL questions. The whole process was smooth and comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pearson (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

I took an editing test and interviewed with the manager. A friend had referred me to the manager, and she made sure of my work experience and skills and qualifications. When I started working, I started with small tasks and then moved into more complicated ones.

Associate Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pearson (Binghamton, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a pretty straightforward interview process. Applied online and received a introductory call within a week. Scheduled for a phone interview. Scheduled another telephonic interview followed by a coding interview on skype with the VP. Also asked SQL queries.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a long-distance phone interview with my future manager and two of my coworkers-to-be. It was pretty positive. They took turns asking questions, and allowed me to ask all the questions I wanted to in return. They quizzed me on my organizational and communication skills, my comfortableness with learning new technologies, and why I wanted to move to Boston (I was living in Philly at the time). Based on the interview, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Standard stuff - how do you handle conflicting priorities? What is your communication style? If you're not sure about a process, what do you do? Etc.   1 Answer