Pearson

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Senior Technical Project Manager
Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in March 2014.

Interview Details – One HR phone screening, one hiring manager phone discussion and one in person interview with the whole team including the hiring manager. As I recall all questions were relevant to the position. SCRUM is big there. Everyone made me feel comfortable and I really did like all the people who interviewed me.

Interview Question – After all the interviewers the hiring person asks pointed questions from more of a strategic view point concerning the company and the department.   Answer Question

Customer Digital Success Agent Interview

Customer Digital Success Agent
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was contacted to have a phone interview. Very basic questions (~30 minutes), such as "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" Next, brought in for a face-to-face interview with department manager. More of a general talk about why I wanted the job, etc. Also sat with an employee to learn more about the job and the products I would be working with. I was asked to do an interview project at home. Pretty much just exploring the website and answering questions about the page and the products from the point of view of the customer. Brought in for another face-to-face interview, this time with department director. Very casual. Finally asked to do a role-play with a supervisor. This was the hardest part as I was not prepped at all.

Interview Question – The role-play was the most difficult part of the interview process. I was expected to train my "customer" on how to use the product...a product I had never even heard of before. I had to make things up and felt very unprepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was absolutely no negotiation...or room for it. They make an offer and you either accept or decline.

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Pearson in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online got a mail from the VP the same day asking me about my Scheduled and mail backed with a skype interview
It was more like an assessment she gave java programming question and one sql quesry they were easy not that difficult
I cleared that with in hour i got a call from a supervisor again a skype interview it was more behavioral and he asked me about my background (very relaxed and a good interview)
After that in 2 minutes an interview with the hiring manager
It was very technical and behavioral it was bit difficult one but he was helpful he dint grill me but was asking difficult questions and he had a really good background and very good knowledge of what he was doing i really thought i might not get it coz the questions were difficult but i answered them with the best I could

2 hours later i get a verbal offer from them and they gave me a good compensation and a really good one

Interview Question – Something on API's   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation
But they gave what I wanted

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interview Details – 1. get phone call with HR first
2. get phone calls from different people in the management team
3. onsite interview will be scheduled in a month
4. talk to different person for a whole day with different possibility working with them in a tough situation

Interview Question – 1. how to solve conflict?   View Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call from HR the next day (round 1). After a brief run through of my resume I was scheduled for an in-house interview. Round 2 - on sight interview with two sales mangers. Questions about sales experience, finished with a mock phone sales call. Received a call the same day scheduled to meet with team manager. Round 3- met with team manager with basic outline of job, was given a verbal offer before I left. Received a formal email written offer from HR department within a couple of days, contignent on basic background check (felony and sex offender) no drug screen.

Interview Question – Must be prepared to sale on the spot. List reasons or ways your distinguish yourself from other applicants.   Answer Question

Psychometrician Interview

Psychometrician
Chicago, IL

I applied online and interviewed at Pearson.

Interview Details – HR contacted me first and scheduled a screening phone interview with me. Interview questions include planned starting date, why applying for this position, which part of my background fits into the position, my career development goal, etc.. The interview experience is pleasant.

Interview Question – What is the most challenging situation you have encountered in the past six months? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer

Interviewed at Pearson

Interview Details – Submitted my resume online and was also referred by an employee. I received a email within two days to schedule a skype interview with VP of Quality Engineering. The interview revolved mostly around java and SQL queries. The entire process was really ridiculous and rude. The interviewer did not care for any of my answers or did not bother to give me a feedback. As soon as she came on skype, she just copy pasted the questions and asked me to type out the answer,and asked me to let her know when I am done and carried on with her work.

Interview Question – The only difficulty was trying to communicate with the interviewer   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The interview experience was not very nice. It reflected really bad about the company.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Technical Support Engineer

Interviewed at Pearson

Interview Details – 3 Interviews. They are very upfront. There is a set wage coming in and they express the hardships and benefits from the beginning. They understand the job supporting this software is difficult but advise with time the knowledge will come. They have attempted to keep the Apple Culture after being acquired by Pearson. Mellow, open resources, open communication and employee benefits. They really sell themselves as much as the potential new employee sells themselves during the interview.

Interview Question – How do you handle a difficult customer? How do you overcome challenges?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They made it very clear the beginning wage is set.

Principal Applications Engineer Interview

Principal Applications Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pearson.

Interview Details – I went through through three interviews. The first interview was a grilling technical interview by three people each of whom took turns quiz me on the area of their technical expertise. This was mostly to assess my technical skills. The second interview was by a manager on phone. It was more about to see if there is a cultural fit. The last interview was with the director and was mostly a mutual introduction.

Interview Question – Questions about data structures in computer science and related programming which made me go back to the fundamentals of computer science.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson in February 2010.

Interview Details – So long ago I don't remember. I very much liked the job and work I was doing if management had gotten out of the way.

Interview Question – What would you do to close a sale?   Answer Question