Pearson Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014

People Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Upper Saddle River, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in January 2010.

Very easy and laid back interview. Was able to totally be myself and was relaxed. I felt an instant connection and knew I was going to be offered the job.

Temporary Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Two interviews, one was an initial phone interview, asking basic questions such as my name and how serious I was about the position. In the second interview, I was asked several behavioral questions.

They ended up giving more then originally planned.

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in March 2014.

One HR phone screening, one hiring manager phone discussion and one in person interview with the whole team including the hiring manager. As I recall all questions were relevant to the position. SCRUM is big there. Everyone made me feel comfortable and I really did like all the people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • After all the interviewers the hiring person asks pointed questions from more of a strategic view point concerning the company and the department.   Answer Question

Test Scorer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Pearson in April 2014.

Elaborate web site form to fill out. They don't want your resume, only proof that you are a college grad. They want to know if you are honest and play well with others. You receive a conditional offer that will be confirmed once they have proof you're a college grad and a citizen, and appear in person for a photo for your tag. It's a secure site, so you will beam in everywhere. No phone activity in the black box area.

Interview Questions
    • They will want examples of cooperative work, dealing with situations where you were asked to do something iffy, etc.. This is all web sit entry. You will have to repeat it for the off-site scoring, if you apply for both on-site and remote location, so save your answers in a file somewhere!   Answer Question
    None. Flat rate--$10.00 US an hour for training, $12.00 US an hour for scoring, slight (pennies) incentive over a certain number of tests scored a day, if the rate lasts a week. If you fall under that rate, you lose the bonus for the pay period. This was my first contract--they may have wiggle room on later contracts,

Customer Digital Success Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in October 2013.

Was contacted to have a phone interview. Very basic questions (~30 minutes), such as "What are your strengths and weaknesses?" Next, brought in for a face-to-face interview with department manager. More of a general talk about why I wanted the job, etc. Also sat with an employee to learn more about the job and the products I would be working with. I was asked to do an interview project at home. Pretty much just exploring the website and answering questions about the page and the products from the point of view of the customer. Brought in for another face-to-face interview, this time with department director. Very casual. Finally asked to do a role-play with a supervisor. This was the hardest part as I was not prepped at all.

Interview Questions
    • The role-play was the most difficult part of the interview process. I was expected to train my "customer" on how to use the product...a product I had never even heard of before. I had to make things up and felt very unprepared.   Answer Question
    There was absolutely no negotiation...or room for it. They make an offer and you either accept or decline.

Project Manager Interview

1. get phone call with HR first
    2. get phone calls from different people in the management team
    3. onsite interview will be scheduled in a month
    4. talk to different person for a whole day with different possibility working with them in a tough situation

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Pearson in May 2014.

Applied Online got a mail from the VP the same day asking me about my Scheduled and mail backed with a skype interview
    It was more like an assessment she gave java programming question and one sql quesry they were easy not that difficult
    I cleared that with in hour i got a call from a supervisor again a skype interview it was more behavioral and he asked me about my background (very relaxed and a good interview)
    After that in 2 minutes an interview with the hiring manager
    It was very technical and behavioral it was bit difficult one but he was helpful he dint grill me but was asking difficult questions and he had a really good background and very good knowledge of what he was doing i really thought i might not get it coz the questions were difficult but i answered them with the best I could

2 hours later i get a verbal offer from them and they gave me a good compensation and a really good one

Not much negotiation
    But they gave what I wanted

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Applied online, received a phone call from HR the next day (round 1). After a brief run through of my resume I was scheduled for an in-house interview. Round 2 - on sight interview with two sales mangers. Questions about sales experience, finished with a mock phone sales call. Received a call the same day scheduled to meet with team manager. Round 3- met with team manager with basic outline of job, was given a verbal offer before I left. Received a formal email written offer from HR department within a couple of days, contignent on basic background check (felony and sex offender) no drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Must be prepared to sale on the spot. List reasons or ways your distinguish yourself from other applicants.   Answer Question

Psychometrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Pearson.

HR contacted me first and scheduled a screening phone interview with me. Interview questions include planned starting date, why applying for this position, which part of my background fits into the position, my career development goal, etc.. The interview experience is pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challenging situation you have encountered in the past six months? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Submitted my resume online and was also referred by an employee. I received a email within two days to schedule a skype interview with VP of Quality Engineering. The interview revolved mostly around java and SQL queries. The entire process was really ridiculous and rude. The interviewer did not care for any of my answers or did not bother to give me a feedback. As soon as she came on skype, she just copy pasted the questions and asked me to type out the answer,and asked me to let her know when I am done and carried on with her work.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficulty was trying to communicate with the interviewer   View Answer

The interview experience was not very nice. It reflected really bad about the company.