Pearson

Updated Nov 10, 2014
Updated Nov 10, 2014

2.9

Pearson Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pearson.

HR very helpful. I applied online and in a few days I got a call. Bachelor's degree required.

I didn't negotiate.

Warehouse Assistant Supervisor Interview

I met with a recruiter at Purdue University. They scheduled a phone interview, where they ask about your major, experience, and aspirations (standard interview questions). A campus interview followed this with similar questions. I was then asked to attend an on-site interview at their Lebanon warehouse. It was a panel interview with Supervisor from each department. Each Supervisor took turns telling about themselves and their departments and asking about my experiences in my previous jobs and leadership positions. I was then emailed an offer letter from the HR recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • How would you help lead an motivate your employees in an environment, in which they know the warehouse will be closing at the end of the year?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson in August 2014.

Was contacted soon after applying online for this position. I had an initial 30 minute phone conversation with the regional sales manager and received an email the next day to come in for an in person interview. I was under the impression this would be with more than one person, but it was the same person I spoke to on the phone. The only thing we did in the interview was a "resume walk through", where I was asked to explain every detail on my resume, including why I accepted (and left) every job I'd had. I did not receive any follow up after this interview, though I was advised to expect at least 2 more steps in the process. 4-5 interviews seemed a bit excessive to me for this position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked twice was my college GPA was. I really didn't think this was relevant, given that I graduated 10 years ago and had 10 years of relevant work experience to show.   Answer Question

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in July 2014.

The process took three weeks. There was a phone interview and two rounds . One with hr and other with director.They only hired for three positions out of 29 people.Apparently why I didn't get it.

Interview Questions
    • The questions wasn't difficult but be very honest and research about the company before you go.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pearson.

5 interviews with teammates and Director. Individual meetings with each. Overall basic questions for each team outing their responsibility and how they would work with the PR/Community Manager. Nothing out of the order. Would ask to pitch a specific product or give examples of past media/community work. Successes/ challenges of past work.

Interview Questions
    Able to go back and negotiate to an even better offer than initially offered.

Temporary Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Two interviews, one was an initial phone interview, asking basic questions such as my name and how serious I was about the position. In the second interview, I was asked several behavioral questions.

They ended up giving more then originally planned.

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

I interviewed with Pearson over the span of two months (April - June 2014). I'm unsure whether the ball was dropped by Pearson or the recruiter who I worked with, but, spoiler alert, I never heard back from anyone.

My first phone screen was immediately after speaking with the recruiter on a Friday afternoon about the position at Pearson. I spoke with a Program Manager (PM) about my general experience and the project I would be joining. The PM seemed less than enthusiastic about the current situation at Pearson, as they have recently gone through a re-org and some key team roles were missing. The PM was great to talk to and I was eager to hear more.

The next phone screen took place the following Tuesday with a Hiring Manager (HM). The HM asked a lot of technical questions, which were fine and I was able to answer. The HM did not leave me with the best impression and seemed like he was uninterested in speaking with me in the first place. The phone call lasted about twenty minutes and while I did not get the best feeling from the HM, I was excited about the project I could be joining.

Over the next month, my in-person interview was rescheduled five times. That is not an exaggeration. Without going into explicit details, most of which I am still unsure of, I eventually was able to secure an in-person interview with Pearson.

The office is very nice and modern, located downtown in NYC. I spoke with three people, individually, of varying roles (Project Manager, QA, Sr. VP) and all left me with a good impression of the project and Pearson. I felt really good about the interviews and spoke with the recruiter immediately when I was finished and expressed interest in the position.

After following up twice weekly with the recruiter for three weeks, I was left with no decision and no feedback from Pearson. To me, this is unacceptable after two months and being rescheduled five times. Again, I'm unsure where the disconnect happened, but this is very unprofessional. I was very excited about the project and I'm sorry things turned out they way they did.

**Note to contractors: You will need to provide your own laptop if hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you dealt with a difficult situation where there was disagreement about a feature or functionality   Answer Question

Tech Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

A company called Signature Consultants out of Boston, MA called me they did a phone interview. I then was asked to fill out paperwork with my SSN for a background check, which I feel is not necessary, unless offered a position first. And in my opinion should be illegal as per to avoid scams. But then I was pestered by the recruiter the day of, and right before the interview. She told me that the interviewer would ask me the following questions. 1. How to make a PB& J sandwich 2. What are two strengths and weaknesses? 3. How to find an IP address, or explain it to someone who doesn't know. She then said that they are looking for people with alot of "personality". But when I got there, the interviewer did not ask me any of those questions. He just said "Oh it looks like you have a alot of technical experience based on your resume." What hours can you work? "This job is more customer service orientated, rather than technical". " I have a good feeling". "Do you have any questions for me?" And I said that's it?. I was expecting more questions, and a tech test. He then said no. "We are looking to hire pretty quick'. And I added that I was available anytime for training. He then walked me out the front door. And told the recruiter that they filled the position.

Interview Questions
    • I feel like if the position was more customer service related he could have asked me some customer service scenario and/or have me do a mock customer service phone call. I feel like he honestly took one look at me,and discriminated against the way I look and decided not to hire me!   Answer Question

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

Received an email a few days after applying online and set up a Skype interview. It was a 30 minute technical interview with the senior engineer. I was asked to solve two Java related problems in regards to QA.

Interview Questions
    • I have college experience with Java and do not memorize specific Java tools and I was asked to solve questions using these standards. Although I knew how to solve the problems, I was unable to answer them due to specific Java related knowledge.   Answer Question

Test Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

Meeting with manager of test center and asked mostly flexibility questions. They want you to be able to come in on short notice, anytime, just extremely flexible. He said anything else can most likely be taught, a few service questions. Dress professional

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, all TAs get paid the same and there was a line behind me if I wanted more pay