Pearson

2.9

Tech Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

A company called Signature Consultants out of Boston, MA called me they did a phone interview. I then was asked to fill out paperwork with my SSN for a background check, which I feel is not necessary, unless offered a position first. And in my opinion should be illegal as per to avoid scams. But then I was pestered by the recruiter the day of, and right before the interview. She told me that the interviewer would ask me the following questions. 1. How to make a PB& J sandwich 2. What are two strengths and weaknesses? 3. How to find an IP address, or explain it to someone who doesn't know. She then said that they are looking for people with alot of "personality". But when I got there, the interviewer did not ask me any of those questions. He just said "Oh it looks like you have a alot of technical experience based on your resume." What hours can you work? "This job is more customer service orientated, rather than technical". " I have a good feeling". "Do you have any questions for me?" And I said that's it?. I was expecting more questions, and a tech test. He then said no. "We are looking to hire pretty quick'. And I added that I was available anytime for training. He then walked me out the front door. And told the recruiter that they filled the position.

Interview Questions
    • I feel like if the position was more customer service related he could have asked me some customer service scenario and/or have me do a mock customer service phone call. I feel like he honestly took one look at me,and discriminated against the way I look and decided not to hire me!   Answer Question

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

Received an email a few days after applying online and set up a Skype interview. It was a 30 minute technical interview with the senior engineer. I was asked to solve two Java related problems in regards to QA.

Interview Questions
    • I have college experience with Java and do not memorize specific Java tools and I was asked to solve questions using these standards. Although I knew how to solve the problems, I was unable to answer them due to specific Java related knowledge.   Answer Question

Test Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

Meeting with manager of test center and asked mostly flexibility questions. They want you to be able to come in on short notice, anytime, just extremely flexible. He said anything else can most likely be taught, a few service questions. Dress professional

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, all TAs get paid the same and there was a line behind me if I wanted more pay

Scorer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

The interview process involved answering a series of questions online. The process was straight forward. You will receive an email with further instructions about the location and duration of the project. You will have to past a series of tests to determine weather you will qualify for a project. Once I was hired, I was ready to work on a project. The projects involve scoring and client information is kept confidential. You will have to sign a contract stating that you will not talk about the projects. No notebooks, recorders, etc. are allowed on the scoring floor.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question involved languages spoken.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

1. get phone call with HR first
    2. get phone calls from different people in the management team
    3. onsite interview will be scheduled in a month
    4. talk to different person for a whole day with different possibility working with them in a tough situation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Applied online, received a phone call from HR the next day (round 1). After a brief run through of my resume I was scheduled for an in-house interview. Round 2 - on sight interview with two sales mangers. Questions about sales experience, finished with a mock phone sales call. Received a call the same day scheduled to meet with team manager. Round 3- met with team manager with basic outline of job, was given a verbal offer before I left. Received a formal email written offer from HR department within a couple of days, contignent on basic background check (felony and sex offender) no drug screen.

Interview Questions
    • Must be prepared to sale on the spot. List reasons or ways your distinguish yourself from other applicants.   Answer Question

Psychometrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson.

HR contacted me first and scheduled a screening phone interview with me. Interview questions include planned starting date, why applying for this position, which part of my background fits into the position, my career development goal, etc.. The interview experience is pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most challenging situation you have encountered in the past six months? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Submitted my resume online and was also referred by an employee. I received a email within two days to schedule a skype interview with VP of Quality Engineering. The interview revolved mostly around java and SQL queries. The entire process was really ridiculous and rude. The interviewer did not care for any of my answers or did not bother to give me a feedback. As soon as she came on skype, she just copy pasted the questions and asked me to type out the answer,and asked me to let her know when I am done and carried on with her work.

Interview Questions
    • The only difficulty was trying to communicate with the interviewer   View Answer

The interview experience was not very nice. It reflected really bad about the company.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

3 Interviews. They are very upfront. There is a set wage coming in and they express the hardships and benefits from the beginning. They understand the job supporting this software is difficult but advise with time the knowledge will come. They have attempted to keep the Apple Culture after being acquired by Pearson. Mellow, open resources, open communication and employee benefits. They really sell themselves as much as the potential new employee sells themselves during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a difficult customer? How do you overcome challenges?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They made it very clear the beginning wage is set.

Principal Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pearson.

I went through through three interviews. The first interview was a grilling technical interview by three people each of whom took turns quiz me on the area of their technical expertise. This was mostly to assess my technical skills. The second interview was by a manager on phone. It was more about to see if there is a cultural fit. The last interview was with the director and was mostly a mutual introduction.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about data structures in computer science and related programming which made me go back to the fundamentals of computer science.   Answer Question