Pearson Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.9

Pearson Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Multiple interviews with several managers, asked to sell a product on the spot without ever seeing it before, to determine Socratic selling skills. Panel interview afterwards to determine selling strengths.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Several interviews with different divisions of the company; including marketing, custom and technology sales, as well as the division president. A campus project is required and will take at least two to three days to complete.

Learning Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson in November 2014.

Interview

Nice people. The first interview was way too long without a break - 2.5 hours. Some of the questions were silly - What was your GPA in college (several years ago) and how do you use social media? Some of the questions they had on their list were obviously geared towards people right out of college.

Interview Questions

• What was your GPA in college? (That was 20 years ago - is that really relevant?)   1 Answer

The interview process was too lengthy. I got impatient and had other opportunities in which the companies were moving at a much more reasonable pace.

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

3 rounds 1 HR 1 technical 1 onsite. HR would ask basic questions on your resume. Technical would be through google hangouts. Basic programming and logical questions. Question on Pseudocode. Last round would be onsite, just to assess your personality and provide you with offer

Enrollement Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (New York, NY).

Interview

First phone screening by the recruiter, he then brings you in for an "open house session" as they call it. I can admit I was a bit nervous. As I sat down with 3 different managers for the position. This was my first time doing a group interview session. Very intense process ,unfortunately I did not get the position.

Test Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

apply online. initial phone screening interview. onsite interview with one up manager (regional) although that interview may be a phone interview as well. My interview was over the phone with a recruiter, then with the test center manager and regional manager on a conference call. I was hired sight unseen.

Interview Questions

• most questions center around honesty and integrity, customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

After a phone interview and a few emails, a face to face was quickly arranged. They wanted to fill the position rather quickly. When finally had an in person interview, was not told it would be with more than one person in the room.

Interview Questions

• "When did you graduate college?" When this is the first question of the interview, following handshakes, you should walk away. This is just a ploy to find out how old you are. If you are over 40, or have an extensive resume only showing the last 10 years but are obviously a "seasoned" worker, I, and several labor attorneys find this very inappropriate.   Answer Question

Senior Storage Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

Spoke with recruiter, who guided me through the process of submitting my resume via their website. Met with SVP, Director, Hiring Manager, and Principal during interview process. Interview process was pretty straight forward, relying more on explaining my past experience and what I had direct work experience with versus asking a lot of direct technical questions to test my knowledge. The recruiter was my primary point of contact coordinating the entire process, but didn't know/understand much about the actual role.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was overly difficult or unexpected. It was one of the most straightforward interviews I've had.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not push hard to negotiate, which I wish I had. The recruiter seemed very firm on pretty much everything being non-negotiable, but later found out others had been able to negotiate additional vacation time, etc.

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in October 2014.

Interview

Applied for this position twice. First time - phone recruiter's questions were very generic. Took 2 weeks to get on site interview. Hiring manager seemed overworked and distracted and didn't appear to have a 'set' list of questions. Second time - same phone recruiter asked same questions. I reminded him I had interviewed before. (Long silence while looking up file.) Affirmed I was a strong interview and candidate. I offered to come in for another interview to refresh but was told that wasn't necessary. Took 2 more weeks to get rejection email from recruiter both times.

Position In Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Online application lead to a phone interview with hiring manager and the HR manager. Following the phone call I had two in person, panel interviews. Each contained a variety of people who touch the role; the final interview included senior executives.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Short. They inquired about my range and beat my expectations.