Pearson Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015
Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.9

Associate Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in April 2014.

First contact after my application was quick. I was contacted by the department manager and discussed setting up an interview.

I interviewed with both the department manager and the team leader for the position. Questions were straight forward and without any catches or pitfalls. The job was explained well and matched exactly what the job ended up being.

Within approximately a week and a half I was contacted by the human resource contact and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you can handled around 40 open projects at once?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pearson in April 2014.

Applied online and get response back in a few days, asking for a Skype video interview. It consists of three questions. The Skype interview was really ridiculous. The interviewer seems not willing to communicate with you. It makes me feel like be insulted. It is the worst experience I ever have.

Internal Auditor Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pearson.

They just asked some general questions and won't ask any behavior questions. And they care about internal auditing background or CIA certificate.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there were some difficult or unexpected questions. They want to find someone who has the expertise of internal auditing and at the same time fit their team.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

5 step process that includes phone, two face to face interviews, a campus project and a phone interview with the VP of sales.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pearson.

Very light, very unprofessional. An oddly fun interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions about proxy and content filtering were expected but difficult.   Answer Question

Senior Client Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson in March 2014.

I applied online and was contacted for a phone interview within a week. Shortly after, I had two in-person interviews with different management personnel. A week after the second in-person (third overall) interview I was told a decision would be made in the coming days. I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all very typical. In all three interviews I was asked to tell them how I handle multiple priorities or difficult clients/customers.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in March 2014.

One HR phone screening, one hiring manager phone discussion and one in person interview with the whole team including the hiring manager. As I recall all questions were relevant to the position. SCRUM is big there. Everyone made me feel comfortable and I really did like all the people who interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • After all the interviewers the hiring person asks pointed questions from more of a strategic view point concerning the company and the department.   Answer Question

Java Software Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in March 2014.

The entire process lasted 6 weeks. There was an initial phone interview with a HR person regarding some basic background information. Next, there was a 4 hour long tour which includes testing assessment, technical interview and a manager interview. Overall, that went well. I received a second round interview with the project manager where I was asked further behavioral questions. However, I realized the interview was shortly terminated after I answer a political question and a question about my race. I was rejected a week later. Please be smart and try to avoid/neutralize the political/race questions because I made that mistake.

Compliment: Their HR is extremely quick in answering emails which I very much appreciated.

Interview Questions
    • What is more important: Efficiency or Creativity?
      Find the most efficient way to use a balance to find the heavier ball amongst the 9 balls where the other 8 balls are of equal weight.

View Answers (2)

Test Administrator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pearson.

I applied for a temp summer job a couple of years ago right before I came back home from out-of-state college, so it was all through phone. Through connections I got the job, and after I returned to college and then graduated, they even offered me a permanent position. I didn't have to interview for returning.

Interview Questions
    • Just the generic interview questions. "A time when you had to deal with an upset customer", "accomplishments/weaknesses", etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Fair and methodical

Interview Questions
    • Name a movie that describes your life?   View Answer
    again fair. I want to work for Pearson.