Pearson

2.9

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in February 2014.

Excellent process, good questions, great insight to the team

Scorer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pearson in February 2014.

I filled out an application online through some kind of job bulletin board, and it seems like it went into a black hole. Then I went to an open house in person and they asked me to fill out another application. No big deal, but I'm glad I went in person. Definitely go in person. After a few hours of paperwork I had a job offer contingent upon my successfully getting through the training and qualifying process.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. I think they just wanted to be sure I was reasonably well-dressed, articulate, and actually had a college degree.   Answer Question
    No negotiation -- The hourly pay is the hourly pay.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pearson in February 2014.

Very intense and you have to go out in the field on your own and sell their product before you are hired. It's called a campus project. You are given an assigned school, you select a discipline to work in and you call on the instructor's on your own by looking at their schedule before hand and sending emails in hopes they will participate in the project seeing as though you are a new hire.

Senior Sales Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Typical interview, with the exception of having to do a campus project. The more you can wow them with your campus project the better you will do. The company is totally focused on digital strategy so make sure you research their technology. You will most likely be asked to demonstrate you understand technology.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really experience any. What was the last book I read. What would you do in a typical situation.   View Answer
    They wanted to low ball my salary, but I asked for more, and they met me half way. National sales manager was upset that I asked for more.

Customer Service Representative - Project Team Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview process was very simple and straight forward. Had a screening call with the recruter who scheduled an in-person interview at the spot. Came in and interviewed with recruiter and hiring manager who asked mostly behavioral questions. Got an offer two days later.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any room to negotiate salary.

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in December 2013.

Applied online, got a call from HR to schedule a phone interview. Standard Phone interview with behavioral questions about past experiences and relating back and forth to the resume.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time you faced a compliance issue?   Answer Question

Producer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pearson in November 2013.

Applied online and received an email from recruiter approximately 1 month later to complete an application. 3 weeks later the hiring manager emailed me for a phone interview. The interview lasted nearly 40 minutes.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter 3 weeks later. First step was a phone interview that was really quick. I was then invited to participate in a video conference with the recruiter and hiring manager. At first I was nervous but meeting via video conference helped break the ice. The hiring manager talk a lot about the program and team. She asked basic questions about MS Project and other MS Office applications. We also talked about how I measure project performance and communicate status. It took about two weeks to be invited in for an in person interview. When I was onsite, I met with the hiring manager again and a few of her team members. I also met with the director, VP and a program manager from a different team. It took another week or two to receive the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Share a recent process improvement I was responsible for.   Answer Question
    I am ashamed to say I didn't try as I was so happy with the offer they made me.

Assessment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

I was contacted by the HR department and asked if I would be interested in relocating. I had one interview, which was about 3 hours long. The interview was with 3 or 4 people, at different times during the interview. There were questions regarding my experience with children, in education in general and in other education-affiliated fields. I had to take a test where I edited and revised test questions.

Interview Questions
    • Because I had interviewed with previous educational businesses, I wasn't surprised by any of the questions.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the amount of vacation time, moving expenses and time I would be able to start.

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pearson in October 2013.

Pearson held an all day event on two separate occasions. The event consisted of a presentation about the company, a tour of the facility, and interviews by two separate managers. The interviews were more focus on personality questions looking for a cultural fit, such as do you prefer to work as part of a team or individually. I did not get very many technical questions and they were focused on what concepts and languages I had been exposed to.
    The most challenging part has been waiting. Pearson is making internal changes and put much of the hiring decisions on hold until the changes are finalized. At the time of this post the hiring decisions still have not been made.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was do you prefer to work in a team environment or individually on a project.   Answer Question