Pearson

Relevance Date Difficulty

Editorial Assistant Interview

Editorial Assistant
Glenview, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Pearson in March 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter sets up interviews with multiple managers.

Interview Question – Had a test to develop content.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not feel I was able to negotiate because I was interviewing for two positions.

Consultant Scheduler Interview

Consultant Scheduler
Irving, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Pearson in June 2009.

Interview Details – I initially sent in my resume to the Office manager and interviewed. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – There were not any difficult questions   Answer Question

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Pearson in June 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through Pearson careers website. Got an email on the same day from VP to schedule a skype Interview (Technical). Asked me to write few java code and sql queries .
On the next day I got an email from few hiring managers from different team within same department to schedule skype interview.

I gave around 4 skype interviews with different hiring managers. Atleast 2 to 3 people will interview you at the same time.
Will ask you about so QA tools, will give you some java code to debug. Some questions on Web technologies (PHP, Javascript, HTML).

Then other questions were normal questions like
Why Pearson?
What your going to do in the next 5 years?
strength and weakness
Your most challenging project?

Interview Question – Tell me few SEO Techniques.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No. Take it or leave it. As this was an grad level positon. But the pay and bonus they give you is good.

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pearson in April 2013.

Interview Details – Two phone interviews, both with people from my department. The questions were typical interview questions that are easy if you prepare for them.

Interview Question – Pretend you're a project and sell yourself.   Answer Question

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pearson in June 2013.

Interview Details – applied online, heard back after couple days asking for a SKYPE interview. It's like 30 min technical interview, questions were not too hard. Some java some SQL problems.

Interview Question – classic java programming problems   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – not too much room to negotiate.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Pearson

Interview Details – It will take a long time to hear back from HR.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at Pearson.

Interview Details – Hiring process was normal.

Interview Question – What do you have to contribute to our team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation. They hired me as a temporary and eventually made a job offer after 9 months.

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Pearson recruiter regarding an application that I submitted. I was not able to take her initial call, and then it took her two weeks, and three follow up calls on my part to get back to me. She was very nice, we reviewed the job requirements and she asked my for details about my company, my current position and my strengths. From my resume, she knew that I had more than 5 years experience in middle management. She said that she has already passed on my resume to the hiring manager, and that he/she was impressed, that I was a cut above the other applicants. I soon found out the reason this was the case, was that they were offering a max of $40,000 salary. They are expecting and experienced manager to take an entry level salary. Not competitive compensation. I declined a face to face interview with the hiring manager.

Very Easy Interview

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Technical Support Specialist
Rancho Cordova, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Pearson in May 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted application online back in February.
I got a call from the hiring manager sometime in April.
After 3 weeks a face to face interview with the Department Manager
After 3 days I got the job offer.
Most questions are common. The interview was basically to test if your personality is a perfect fit for the environment.

Negotiation Details – Offer was so much more than what I expected so I dont need to negotiate.

Instructional Designer Interview

Instructional Designer
Chandler, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pearson.

Interview Details – good interview. frank description of the job. peers were in the interview.

Interview Question – what's the worst part of your job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation, i was just happy to get the job. was a good experience for me.