Pearson

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Vice President Operations & Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

2 Interviews, some perfunctory and simple 'tests'. All in all the HR approach to this recruitment process lacked appropriate robustness and seemed to me to be very much an after-thought or low priority.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to suggest how I may react to a case-study I was provided with. The response I gave was broadly common sense, the case study test in this case could have only weeded out the most ignorant or simple minded candidates, it certainly was not taxing in the least!   Answer Question
    Again, the HR lead appeared to be preoccupied and disinterested and didn't engage very effectively at all. I felt that I was an irritant to their priority lists. This was a concern at the time as the role I was being recruited into was relatively senior.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson in March 2010.

I applied through their website and submitted a CV and a cover letter. I got an e-mail through probably a month later inviting for an interview which was scheduled in about 2 weeks. I couldn't physically attend the interview so we spoke to the hiring and the HR managers over a video conference. Both ladies were really good and were supportive throughout the interview. The interview itself was pretty long - it took roughly 1.5 hours as they asked about every single point on my CV and I had to provide evidence as we spoke. They also asked me to do some tasks like pitching the new product, etc. which they gave me some time to prepare for. The interview was pretty standard for this position and there was nothing out of the blue that I couldn't deal with. The best advice I could give is to make sure that you meet their criteria and keep calm throughout the interview as it will be long and you will have to prove that you are the best person but it's rewarding.

Interview Questions
    • Think of an activity that really interests you. How would you do to make other people interested in it?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate as it was a set contract for a fixed term position.