Pearson Sales Representative Humanities and Arts Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Sales Representative Humanities and Arts Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Jackson, MS) in November 2012.

Interview

Fist I got an email from the District Manager asking a few questions. Easy enough. Then a follow-up phone interview. The phone interview was designed to scare me off I think, but I was very interested in the job and was progressed to an in-person interview with the DM and the RM. Maybe it was a side effect of having to conduct an 8am interview, but the RM was a little impersonable. I spent hours preparing for this interview and felt very good about it. I was able to quickly build a rapport with the DM, but I got the since the RM didn't want to be there. When answering why I wanted to work there, I mentioned that I'd done my research on the company and their competition and talked about some of the reasons I'd found to believe Pearson was the best. I later found him on Linked in and saw that he worked for McGraw Hill (the competition) for years before coming to Pearson. I'm a very qualified candidate; perhaps they thought I was overqualified. Maybe that's why I found out two days later that I hadn't made it to the next round. I seriously doubt many put in the legwork preparing for this interview the way I did, and I also doubt many had credentials like mine. I really felt great about the whole process until I was unexpectedly black-balled. Oh well, I'm very interested in the industry and will perhaps solicit McGraw Hill next.

Interview Questions