Pearson Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

3.5

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

First - phone interview to get to know more information about your job history and learn more about position. Second, face-to-face interview with District Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager. It was basically a walk through my resume and ask further questions about job history and the position. Next, campus project and then final face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Long interview process. If you have full time job be ready to take some personal time to complete different tasks. If you get through the panel interview, you'll be asked to complete a campus project. You can't prepare enough for this.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson in June 2015.

Interview

This was a joke! One and a half hour interview and the "managers" we're dressed in business casual attire....Really? Must have needed an additional candidate to bring in for Quito! Was not impressed with either "manager!"

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted within a few weeks to conduct a phone interview. I interviewed with the regional sales director. Though I did not have experience with sales, which was clear from my resume, the interviewer asked me multiple times about that. The conversation was about 30 minutes long. With a background in education, I expected that I would be able to speak more specifically to how that may be beneficial, but I was cut off at the knees when it was explained that it would not be helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The process can be fast or slow depending on the people you're working with. I was lucky to work with competent reps who had me at the project round just a few weeks after initially submitting my application online. I would have pursued the opportunity further, if only to interact with the reps again, but an opportunity closer to my skill set appeared before I could complete the project round.

Interview Questions

• You'll be tasked with acting as a pseudo-representative and visiting a college or university of your choice in order to gauge the textbook/software situation at that institution, after which you'll write a brief report on how you would employ Pearson's solutions there.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Hard to reach people within the company. Never heard response after second interview. The interview process was lengthy. It took over three months when it was all said and done.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Several interviews with different divisions of the company; including marketing, custom and technology sales, as well as the division president. A campus project is required and will take at least two to three days to complete.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson in August 2014.

Interview

Was contacted soon after applying online for this position. I had an initial 30 minute phone conversation with the regional sales manager and received an email the next day to come in for an in person interview. I was under the impression this would be with more than one person, but it was the same person I spoke to on the phone. The only thing we did in the interview was a "resume walk through", where I was asked to explain every detail on my resume, including why I accepted (and left) every job I'd had. I did not receive any follow up after this interview, though I was advised to expect at least 2 more steps in the process. 4-5 interviews seemed a bit excessive to me for this position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked twice was my college GPA was. I really didn't think this was relevant, given that I graduated 10 years ago and had 10 years of relevant work experience to show.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

5 step process that includes phone, two face to face interviews, a campus project and a phone interview with the VP of sales.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

1.Initial HR Interview Phone Screen (20 Minutes) 2. Phone Interview with District Director (Hiring Manager) (30 minutes) 3. In-person interview with District Director (Hiring Manager) (1 hour) ....asked to sell something, asked a lot of questions about my resume and situational questions about things I've done in past jobs... 4. Asked to do a Campus Project, was given 3 business days and involved going to a campus and interviewing several chairs and professors and then creating a blog to summarize all of my findings. 5. Asked to do an analysis project where I was given data sets to analyze and created PowerPoint to break it down and make recommendations... 6. Skype interview with Regional Manager (40 minutes) ....same type of questions as in the last... 7. Phone Interview V.P. of Training (20 minutes) 8. In-person interview out of state with Regional Manager (1 hour 15 minutes) 9. Skype interview with Vice President of Sales

Interview Questions

• The projects were time consuming and so very difficult since I have a job already right now... Questions were really not that difficult -- most revolved around past work experiences. But be prepared to "Sale" them something. Whether it be something on the table in an early interview or an actual Pearson product in the later interviews. Know why you want to work with the company and be convincing in why you would be good at it and how you have the skills and drive required to succeed.   1 Answer