Pearson Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

3.6

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

First - phone interview to get to know more information about your job history and learn more about position. Second, face-to-face interview with District Sales Manager and Regional Sales Manager. It was basically a walk through my resume and ask further questions about job history and the position. Next, campus project and then final face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pearson in July 2015.

Interview

It was a long and extremely time consuming. Campus project is involved and they are expecting the candidate to bring back somewhat of a business. The communication was very slow and unresponsive and hesitant when trying to accelerate the process. This interview will be difficult for someone who is in a dire need for a job

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Long interview process. If you have full time job be ready to take some personal time to complete different tasks. If you get through the panel interview, you'll be asked to complete a campus project. You can't prepare enough for this.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson in June 2015.

Interview

This was a joke! One and a half hour interview and the "managers" we're dressed in business casual attire....Really? Must have needed an additional candidate to bring in for Quito! Was not impressed with either "manager!"

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson in February 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online and was contacted within a few weeks to conduct a phone interview. I interviewed with the regional sales director. Though I did not have experience with sales, which was clear from my resume, the interviewer asked me multiple times about that. The conversation was about 30 minutes long. With a background in education, I expected that I would be able to speak more specifically to how that may be beneficial, but I was cut off at the knees when it was explained that it would not be helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The process can be fast or slow depending on the people you're working with. I was lucky to work with competent reps who had me at the project round just a few weeks after initially submitting my application online. I would have pursued the opportunity further, if only to interact with the reps again, but an opportunity closer to my skill set appeared before I could complete the project round.

Interview Questions

• You'll be tasked with acting as a pseudo-representative and visiting a college or university of your choice in order to gauge the textbook/software situation at that institution, after which you'll write a brief report on how you would employ Pearson's solutions there.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Hard to reach people within the company. Never heard response after second interview. The interview process was lengthy. It took over three months when it was all said and done.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pearson.

Interview

Several interviews with different divisions of the company; including marketing, custom and technology sales, as well as the division president. A campus project is required and will take at least two to three days to complete.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pearson in August 2014.

Interview

Was contacted soon after applying online for this position. I had an initial 30 minute phone conversation with the regional sales manager and received an email the next day to come in for an in person interview. I was under the impression this would be with more than one person, but it was the same person I spoke to on the phone. The only thing we did in the interview was a "resume walk through", where I was asked to explain every detail on my resume, including why I accepted (and left) every job I'd had. I did not receive any follow up after this interview, though I was advised to expect at least 2 more steps in the process. 4-5 interviews seemed a bit excessive to me for this position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked twice was my college GPA was. I really didn't think this was relevant, given that I graduated 10 years ago and had 10 years of relevant work experience to show.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

5 step process that includes phone, two face to face interviews, a campus project and a phone interview with the VP of sales.