Pearson

3.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pearson in June 2014.

Received an email a few days after applying online and set up a Skype interview. It was a 30 minute technical interview with the senior engineer. I was asked to solve two Java related problems in regards to QA.

Interview Questions
    • I have college experience with Java and do not memorize specific Java tools and I was asked to solve questions using these standards. Although I knew how to solve the problems, I was unable to answer them due to specific Java related knowledge.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in January 2013.

All contact through email. Went in for interview that lasted 2 hours with 2 people. Nice friendly atmosphere.

Pearson 2011 Summer Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in May 2011.

It was a relatively smooth process. I received an e-mail scheduling me for a phone interview a month after submitting my application, and was invited to interview in person one week later. My interviewer was very respectful and open about the internship's responsibilities and the program's structure.

Interview Questions
    • What are several goals you've set for yourself (and accomplished) thus far?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pearson in March 2010.

Typical interview--nothing too surprising. The questions were short and sweet, though I imagine the interview process would be more comprehensive if it had been for a permanent position. It was an overall very positive experience--the HR people at Pearson are some of the most personable around.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't a negotiation phase for this level of employment--though I imagine they would be very fair and reasonable. Again, the HR at Pearson are actually good people that care about the entire process and the well being of the employees.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pearson in August 2009.

The Human Resources Coordinator emailed me the interview schedule. I spent the first half hour filling out an application in the conference. The Human Resources Coordinator talked to me about the benefits, took me on a tour of the building and interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked me about my resume and he didn't say that much.

Editorial Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pearson in May 2009.

I received a call in the morning to come in for an interview at their office. The position was for an editorial internship and I was curious about the various tasks I would have to do. However, the interviews are done by human resources, and it seems that my interviewer wasn't too sure about the daily tasks of an editorial intern. However, the interviewer was very resourceful about the company, management, and was assuring that I would be mentored by one of the senior employees. The interview itself wasn't too difficult, but more of a personality check. In fact, it was more of like a conversation than a series of questions, and the interview was over before I realized it had started.