Pearson

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in January 2013.

I contacted the HR after graduating since I did an internship wth this company regarding open positions in Project Management in California. The HR sent me a link to do an interview online that had seven questions and also asked me to upload my most recent resume and some personal info. The interview questions were very specific to the position and I believe not very related to my past professional experiences. They were looking for a senior project management and I haven't had so many years of experience in this field. I never received any response either from the HR or from the manager. I think the company should have a better retention program after we put so much work and effort during our internship and could at least contact the candidates to let then know the results.

Interview Questions
  • Provide me with an overview of your professional background as it relates to this job.
    Share an overview of your work history; specifically, whom did you work for, your role there, and if you are not currently employed, what prompted your departure. Please elaborate on your current employment situation and past two jobs.
    What has prompted your interest in Pearson, and why did you apply to this job in particular?
    Describe a recent situation when you manage multiple simultaneous projects, many of which involved change requests to existing products and functionalities. What was range of the scope of these projects?
    Describe a situation when you were responsible for managing contract requirements and changes, including obtaining costs and developing pricing estimates
    Describe a recent process improvement initiative you implemented in order to promote quality and cost reduction
    What are your salary requirements?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pearson in November 2009.

Pearson is know to have an extensive and exhaustive interview process for some of their IT positions. Mine was not as extensive, as the interview process started with the hiring manager, then a group interview with some of the key people on the team to get an idea of whether personalities might fit. The culture is pretty relaxed, business casual 2-3 days a week, many in IT are casual (jeans) 4 days a week, which is important to some. Office is very nice, commute reasonable, and very security conscious.

I am currently consulting at Pearson VUE and have grown to really enjoy it.

Interview Questions
    I am consulting so the negotiation took place with my consulting company. Any rate increases were initiated by myself, then negotiated by the consulting company through Pearson.

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson in May 2007.

I was interviewed by a number of Pearson managers over a period of 2 months. The job offer was actually extended early in the interview process; however, negotiations took the full two months to complete. The position was specific, a customer who sought litigation yet was a key account for the company. The objective was to provide customer relationship support and program management experience to turn around the failing project and restore value to the customer and to Pearson. Pearson was completely up front in terms of the difficulty of the job. In turn, I also offered my goals for additional education opportunities and growth, which have since been honored by the company. Interviews ranged from HR, mostly to gather certain baseline information regarding salary and benefits, to other project managers, directors of operations, and the Vice President of Services. I felt that the interview process was thorough and included investigation of my previous employment experience and recommendations from external industry clients.

Interview Questions
    • What are three critically important things you must do well as a project manager in order for the project to succeed?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question
    Most of the 2 month period I was being interviewed by Pearson, we were also negotiating with each other. An approach that worked for me was to be completely open about my future goals for education and growth in the company, and salary. I researched the company before joining and noted a specific area of the business in which I wanted to help grow the company. In exchange, Pearson wanted me to take on a very difficult assignment. Opportunities for growth in the company would be contingent upon performance on that assignment. These opportunities have been honored since that time.