Pearson Senior Software Developer Interview Questions

3.5

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pearson (Boston, MA) in June 2010.

Interview

Did a phone interview. During the phone interview I was invited to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of meeting with several different people in the team I was to be joining (usually 1 or 2 people). At one point I sat down with the head of the group and was verbally quizzed on some very technical aspects of what approaches I would take to solve a particular problem. This was an informal test, but it was clearly a test. After this I received a phone call about 2 or 3 days later with an initial offer. I countered, and received a second offer the same day. Accepted the second offer.

Interview Questions

• Discuss the features of an n-tier architecture for (a particular problem that I don't recall). What would belong at each tier?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The only thing I negotiated was salary. They were not able to come up to the figure I named without special authorization, but they came close and actually exceeded that amount when the bonus they offered was counted (the bonus, however, is based partly on company profit--so, I don't like to count this).

Other Interview Reviews for Pearson

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pearson (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

Initially I was interviewed on Phone. Then was called for 3 onsite 1:1 interviews and they went through my Resume, and did expect my exp with mentioned technologies etc.

Interview Questions