Pearson

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pearson in June 2010.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview. During the phone interview I was invited to come in for an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of meeting with several different people in the team I was to be joining (usually 1 or 2 people). At one point I sat down with the head of the group and was verbally quizzed on some very technical aspects of what approaches I would take to solve a particular problem. This was an informal test, but it was clearly a test.

After this I received a phone call about 2 or 3 days later with an initial offer. I countered, and received a second offer the same day. Accepted the second offer.

Interview Question – Discuss the features of an n-tier architecture for (a particular problem that I don't recall). What would belong at each tier?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only thing I negotiated was salary. They were not able to come up to the figure I named without special authorization, but they came close and actually exceeded that amount when the bonus they offered was counted (the bonus, however, is based partly on company profit--so, I don't like to count this).

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Phoenix, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at Pearson in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initially I was interviewed on Phone. Then was called for 3 onsite 1:1 interviews and they went through my Resume, and did expect my exp with mentioned technologies etc.

Interview Question – why pearson, Inc   View Answer

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!