Pearson

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pearson in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got interviewed by phone and lastly I had to interview myself....yes interview myself. They use Montage interview system. With this system you login from your home and they show you the questions on screen. While the questions are on screen they record your answer with a webcam. It was a pretty horrible experience overall because you are talking to yourself with no feedback from the recruiting team from Pearson since it is a recorded video you are sending to them.

Interview Question – They asked general tech questions   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in August 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter pre-screened, then a phone screen with the development manager, followed by a 2-3 hour on-site with members of the team. Not too much focus on syntax, more on process and general domain knowledge. I enjoyed the give and take with some intelligent people. The facility is nice, but developers are in a bullpen environment (not my best working environment).

Interview Question – At this level in my career, the only hard questions are when they ask me to dredge up some memorized answer that I only needed for a test in college.   Answer Question

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!