Pearson Interview Questions in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Updated May 15, 2015

2.7

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Excellent process, good questions, great insight to the team

Creative Design Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ).

Interview

I had to show a portfolio and meet with at least 10 people and interview over and over again, tha I had to wait weeks to find out if I got the position

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years I hate that stupid question   Answer Question

Negotiation

non negotable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ).

Interview

It was a long drawn-out process, mainly because the HR recruiter told me to apply for a position for which I was overqualified. Eventually everything worked out, but the process would have been a lot shorter had I been able to apply directly to the position myself (and there were several options within different lists). The HR recruiter was great at following up when initiating the interview process, but failed to follow up after the interview had taken place.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and how are you overcoming it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in February 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume and cover letter. Heard back a week later requesting a day and time for a computerized video interview. During the interview, there wasn't anyone on the other side, which was a bit weird - it was just me watching myself answer the typewritten questions on the screen. Submitted the video and could rewatch. Received feedback on the video a few weeks later and an offer.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

Very informal, and very casual. It was like talking to a long time friend. The recruiter did not intimidate me at all. I had a very relaxed interview process. I really couldnt say anything bad. I was comfortable and able to think my answers out and felt the interview went very well.

User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

After getting the offer, I thought they already liked me (from resume) before calling for an on-site. After I submitted resume to HR, HR arranged an on-site pretty quickly and then a phone interview for the next week. After on-site talking with my direct supervisor, I talked to another member of the team the following week. All of the processes were very easy. They were very polite, professional, and nice.

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone screening the week of. The phone screening lasted 20 minutes tops and was just a background check of my resume, some details about the position, and then answering questions I had. Within a few days, I was invited to a 1:1, in person interview at the nearest location. My interviewer took me around the Pearson office, informed me of some current projects, and generally just chatted with me about education and the industry. The last step was 2-days of in-person interviews with other interview candidates.

Interview Questions

• As a group, the other interviewees and I had to solve a logic problem with all the interviewers observing us.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from HR less than a week later asking for my availability for a phone screen with one of the key people. The phone screen seemed to go well; we hit it off and seemed to have a rapport. However, as we were getting to the end of the interview and I was just starting to ask my questions, the Pearson person dropped off the conference bridge and I was unable to get back in touch with him. I later found out his cell phone ran out of power (he was traveling). It took some more emails back and forth but we finally scheduled a followup phone call about 10 days later (due to his schedule again). On this call, the Pearson person said he had more questions for me so it was more like a 2nd interview rather than just concluding the first one. At the end of the call, he told me I was one of the top candidates and they would be in touch. That was the last I heard from Pearson. I did not receive any followup from them nor did they respond to my inquires over the next two months. I feel this was less than professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in September 2010.

Interview

First I had a phone screen interview with an HR rep. Then I interviewed in person with the HR rep, the hiring manager, and one of the admin coordinators.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Upper Saddle River, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pearson (Upper Saddle River, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people in person over a period of 2 hours. Very easy interview process - all questions were typical interview questions so there were no surprises. Most people just wanted to chat. A successful interview doesn't take more than being friendly, easy going, and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - you must accept the awful salary. This is difficult for a recent college graduate because you have to get a job and it would be stupid to turn one down despite the fact that you'll never be able to support yourself.