Pearson

Very Easy Interview

People Development Interview

People Development
Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very easy and laid back interview. Was able to totally be myself and was relaxed. I felt an instant connection and knew I was going to be offered the job.

Interview Question – Honestly, nothing.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in February 2014.

Interview Details – Excellent process, good questions, great insight to the team

Interview Question – What skills was I interested in growing?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Production Coordinator Interview

Production Coordinator
Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pearson in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was unpleasant as the interviewer was confrontational and judgmental concerning age. She made unnecessary references to age although she was older herself. She cut off explanations to questions she asked and seemed impatient to end the interview. She was unwilling to look at background or previous experience in the field.

Interview Question – She kept asking to think "out of the box" way too many times. Her questions were not deep and elaborating to satisfy her request was impossible, without making something up just to get her to stop using that tiresome phrase.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Creative Design Director Interview

Creative Design Director
Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pearson.

Interview Details – I had to show a portfolio and meet with at least 10 people and interview over and over again, tha I had to wait weeks to find out if I got the position

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years I hate that stupid question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotable

Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pearson.

Interview Details – It was a long drawn-out process, mainly because the HR recruiter told me to apply for a position for which I was overqualified. Eventually everything worked out, but the process would have been a lot shorter had I been able to apply directly to the position myself (and there were several options within different lists). The HR recruiter was great at following up when initiating the interview process, but failed to follow up after the interview had taken place.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness and how are you overcoming it?   Answer Question

Assistant Editor Interview

Assistant Editor
Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Pearson in October 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a phone screening the week of. The phone screening lasted 20 minutes tops and was just a background check of my resume, some details about the position, and then answering questions I had. Within a few days, I was invited to a 1:1, in person interview at the nearest location. My interviewer took me around the Pearson office, informed me of some current projects, and generally just chatted with me about education and the industry. The last step was 2-days of in-person interviews with other interview candidates.

Interview Question – As a group, the other interviewees and I had to solve a logic problem with all the interviewers observing us.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little room for negotiation.

Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pearson in September 2010.

Interview Details – First I had a phone screen interview with an HR rep. Then I interviewed in person with the HR rep, the hiring manager, and one of the admin coordinators.

Interview Question – What qualities do you most value in a manager?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pearson in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 5 people in person over a period of 2 hours. Very easy interview process - all questions were typical interview questions so there were no surprises. Most people just wanted to chat. A successful interview doesn't take more than being friendly, easy going, and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - you must accept the awful salary. This is difficult for a recent college graduate because you have to get a job and it would be stupid to turn one down despite the fact that you'll never be able to support yourself.

IT Director Interview

IT Director
Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pearson in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call from HR less than a week later asking for my availability for a phone screen with one of the key people.

The phone screen seemed to go well; we hit it off and seemed to have a rapport. However, as we were getting to the end of the interview and I was just starting to ask my questions, the Pearson person dropped off the conference bridge and I was unable to get back in touch with him. I later found out his cell phone ran out of power (he was traveling).

It took some more emails back and forth but we finally scheduled a followup phone call about 10 days later (due to his schedule again). On this call, the Pearson person said he had more questions for me so it was more like a 2nd interview rather than just concluding the first one.

At the end of the call, he told me I was one of the top candidates and they would be in touch.
That was the last I heard from Pearson. I did not receive any followup from them nor did they respond to my inquires over the next two months. I feel this was less than professional.

Interview Question – Tell me about a large project you led   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Upper Saddle River, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pearson in July 2007.

Interview Details – The position was found from an online posting. I provided a case study on the systems as a part of the pre screening process. This took a few hours to complete. Once submitted I was advance to the next leve of the process. There team conducted telephone and face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage people resisting change yet the leadership is requesting output that requires something difference.   View Answers (2)
  • Share a challenging situation you faced on a project, explain the conditions, and the outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiations on the salary and vacation. HR was informative and direct. They stayed within the market reference range for the position.

Worked for Pearson? Contribute to the Community!