Pediatric Services of America

Relevance Date Difficulty

RN Interview

RN

Interviewed at Pediatric Services of America

Interview Details – Initial interview was not thorough but new processes are in place to ensure thorough interviewing and sharing of information on both sides, they have really improved this process and now it is so informative and fun!

Licensed Practical Nurse/Nurse Interview

Licensed Practical Nurse/Nurse
Clermont, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pediatric Services of America in July 2014.

Interview Details – interviews are schedule in one centralized location. Interview session is not at all competitive, please feel free to bring any friends with you that may also be interested. Took approximately 2 - 2 1/2. Syaff was very friendly and energetic.

Home Care Registered Nurse Interview

Home Care Registered Nurse
Piedmont, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pediatric Services of America.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a call for an interview in about 7-10 days. Evidently they only call people to "interview" that they want to hire. They "interview" is a group process where you watch HR videos, fill our HR paperwork, take a multiple choice medication and general knowledge test and go through skills stations. I believe they do this to cut back on the paying for part of orientation. This process takes 4-6 hours so prepare to stay all day. The staff were very nice and knowledgeable. After this if both parties still think the job is a good match you are assigned in the field with another nurse to finish orientation.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salaries are set.

Clinical Care Manager Interview

Clinical Care Manager
Cary, NC

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Pediatric Services of America in June 2013.

Interview Details – For my position, I has one on one interview with DON, the Regional Director. But for Nurses, it is very different, they have an "Assessment Center" where nurses go in and watch a video and pretty much offer almost everyone that comes in there a position.

Interview Question – What are my strengths, and what are my weaknesses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I took the offer the Director offered me, but I wish I had read the reviews on the company first! Read reviews on Indeed before you consider this company.

Pensacola, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pediatric Services of America.

Interview Details – Quickly called and brought into the office where I did my interview and was hired on the spot. Got my ID badge right after.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse
Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pediatric Services of America in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who invited me to "The PSA Assessment Center." This took about three hours in which I and several other recruits watched a film about PSA and were taught and demonstrated two nursing skills. We also took a written test, We were then interviewed and a job offer was made. An orientation of one-half day was scheduled at home office in which paperwork and company policy was reviewed, more skills were taught and demonstrated. Orientation of one or two shifts at each client's home is customary before taking over care of that client.

Interview Question – I was asked to provide my school transcripts and diploma. There was one question on the test for a medication I had never heard of.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The Director of Nursing made an offer to me, and apologized for the low salary offer. She told me the amount the agency is paid (Medicaid rate), and it was clear that the amount the nurse gets was generous. She promised me I would never be asked to perform a skill I was not comfortable and thoroughly trained to do.

Hackensack, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at Pediatric Services of America.

Interview Details – Very detailed process. You be interviewed by several staff members. A in-depth background check will be done.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Pay isn't negotiated

Mystic, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pediatric Services of America in February 2012.

Interview Details – compentecy test, and basic nursing interview questions

Interview Question – how will you conduct yourself if the parents scream at you   Answer Question

Speech Therapist Interview

Speech Therapist
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pediatric Services of America in October 2007.

Interview Details – Interview was short; HR process was quite long due to HR/accounts payable, and upper management approving the salary and contract obligations. The majority was done by certified mail which took quite a bit of time as well.

Interview Question – What is your knowledge of HIPAA and Medicaid compliances.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation took a bit as an absent 3rd party was involved.

Registered Nurse Interview

Registered Nurse

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pediatric Services of America in May 2010.

Interview Details – I first spoke with the recruiter for my region. We chatted briefly about my skills and past employment experiences. She then informed me that she would relay my information to the hiring manager and get back with me if an interview were to be scheduled. I received a return call the very next day with an interview date and time. I arrived at the facility and had a 1:1 with the center director she was very pleasant to speak with and very open and honest about what to expect if employed in the position. I then took a brief tour of the facility and was introduced to the charge nurse and then had another 1:1 with the clinical coordinator. The interview questions were typical nursing care questions. The environment was very relaxed and inviting. All of the employees looked happy and everyone spoke and/or waved to me and made me feel welcomed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate somewhat. I was not able to get anywhere near what I had in my last position, but it was more than what was quoted by the inital recruiter that I spoke with. However, I will not be receiving benefits and was not successful in attempting to negotiate for benefits.

Worked for Pediatric Services of America? Contribute to the Community!