Peel District School Board Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Peel District School Board

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

One person interviews you. Lots of questions about your experience with kids. References are really important if they can't get in contact with a reference it holds up your chance for being considered for a job position

Interview Questions

• They ask about your availability if your limited you won't get hired.   Answer Question

Occasional Teacher (Supply) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Peel District School Board (Brampton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

It use to be easy, if the principal wanted you, you'd be interviewed by them & that's it. Getting on the supply list was actually way too easy over 8 years ago.

Interview Questions

• What is unique about you that you can bring to a school ?   Answer Question

ECE Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peel District School Board (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

apply on the website. You will be called when there is a vacancy around in April to june. TALK TO other teachers about their work place and work environment. Make a portfolio. Talk positively and enthusiastically about the position u r applying for.

Interview Questions

• What do u think about full day kindergarten How would you keep communication with parents   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peel District School Board (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

Series of five questions related to my previous teaching experiences, my teaching philosophy, my best practises (Transformational Practises) , use of resources (Ministry and Peel Board resources, documents, tools) , awareness of ministry expectations (the Ontario curriculum) , planning skills (long-range, short term, smart goals, teaching learning critical pathway), teamwork/collaboration skills ...etc. Time for me to ask questions of the administration regarding his/her expectations and school routines, community demographics and needs, staff dynamics and school vision. It helps to bring in samples of work and evidence of productivity. There may not be time to share a professional portfolio but it is good to have one prepared anyways, just in case. More artifacts to share and "talk to".

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peel District School Board (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2010.

Interview

Applied to the position via the government jobs website. Received a call 1-2 months later to schedule an interview. At the interview, was asked to provide: personal contact information, 2 references' contact information, authorization for background check, 2 pieces of photo identification. The interview itself was casual and relaxed, and the staff present in the office were all very courteous. The interview questions were standard.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Wage (minimum wage) was pre-determined by the summer student program, and standard across most of the government jobs posted. Low but reasonable for amount and type of work.

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peel District School Board (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

One interview with two manager. Wanted to look at a lesson plan and wanted to know about my education, experience and work history. Asked - what would you do with a problem student? What kind of lessons would you teach? Availability? How will you get to work on time?

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a student who was harassing another student?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no -unionized pay