Peer 1 Hosting Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015
Updated Apr 5, 2015

Human Resources People Partner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Peer 1 Hosting (Atlanta, GA) in May 2014.

Interview

Even from the beginning of the process, I felt like I was being taken seriously as a candidate for the People Partner position. The executive I spoke to initially took time on a Saturday for my culture screen. 4 other meetings/calls (not one time were they ever referred to as "interviews") followed. The people I spoke to were very clear about the role of the position and what it took to be successful. I was interviewed by a fellow People Partner as well as the Director of People and Performance.

Interview Questions

• My preparation for the interviews was critical. Consequently, I was never really uncomfortable during the interview(s). There was a nice mix of behavioral, situational, and experience verification type questions during the process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was standard: offer, counter-offer, agreement.

People Partner/Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Peer 1 Hosting (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Process was 3 phone interviews, then in person interview. Took about 2 months but expectations were established around the time-line up front. Process was similar to what I have experienced previously for similar roles. Interviews were pretty informal but very informative and honest. I learned a lot about the office, company and culture during all interviews. Every person I spoke with was forthright about the strengths and opportunities of Peer1 as a company, it was very refreshing.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember anything standing out that was very difficult or unexpected. I think the questions were well geared to the role and the skills/experience they were trying to test for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Peer1 was very honest with how much they were able to offer on the role. They spoke about all of the benefits and the "total rewards" offered there and basically said this is the best we can do, take it or leave it. Very honest and great expectation setting. Because of this the process we pretty seamless.

Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Peer 1 Hosting (San Antonio, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Started with an Employee Referral, so I sent my resume to a co-worker who was in the department and then applied online.

I received a call from Anjuli in the recruiting department who went through the basic HR questions and personality questions to see if I'm a culture fit. Scheduled an interview with the direct Support Manager in San Antonio.

This interview went well was pretty basic, asked some Linux Administration questions, some Windows Administration questions, basic how would you handle what situations.

After the first interview Anjuli said everything was positive and I would be having another interview with the higher Manager over the first one who interviewed me.

This interview was pretty much the same, basic linux questions, some questions about experience answering phones and doing customer service. Did a scenario where he acted as an irate customer to see how I would react and respond.

This all went well. About a week later I got a cal back with an offer from the 2nd manager which was about the offer I was expecting and then asked if I would take the job, the salary was where I wanted and Anjuli and I had already negotiated what I would say yes and no to.

I got my paperwork to start in my email filled it out faxed it back and then started 2 weeks later and all is well.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question that was in the interview, which wasn't difficult is what happens if i delete all the initrd and intramfs files.   Answer Question

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Peer 1 Hosting (San Antonio, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very "out of the norm" I remember questions like if you found a wild animal in your backyard what would it be... The more serious part of the interview was very inviting and open ended. There was not a grilling of technical skills or talents. This company seemed to want to know who I was first, and make sure I would like the environment and people around me, and to make sure those people also feel the same. Team work is critical here, and this company would rather develop talent for people who add to the positive atmosphere here, instead of hiring the most socially hostile people based on their technical skills, which is a PLUS!!!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your self in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very positive and non-judgmental. I was not given vague answers nor was I toyed with.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Peer 1 Hosting (Miami, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

My first conversation with the hiring manager converted me from optimistic curiosity to intrigued interest. I then went on to have multiple phone calls with leaders and peers across the organization - Director of Sales, Director of Alliances, Director of Marketing, Creative Director, Marketing Manager. It was an interesting and engaging journey - I was able to delve into the pain-points experienced by the team and how my role would be able to help. I appreciated the fact that multiple people were invested in the hiring process, and the candor and generosity in sharing the challenges they were up against.

Interview Questions

• hat would you do with an entirely green-field opportunity? How would you approach it from a Product Marketing perspective?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was somewhat challenging, but completely professional. There was some initial confusion about salary cap and whether the position was eligible for a bonus. But we got it sorted.

Creative Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Peer 1 Hosting (San Antonio, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I was fortunate enough to work as a consultant for the company. When I was approached by another competitor, within 24 hours the PEER 1 team had extended my a full offer. That alone was enough of a reason to move to the company full time.

Interview Questions

• Can you manage a remote team   1 Answer

Negotiation

One phone call. They offered a fair salary, solid benefits, and the tools I needed to be successful

Business Development Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Peer 1 Hosting (San Antonio, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone screen, 3 face to faces and then offer. The process was a couple of months!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation...

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Peer 1 Hosting (San Angelo, TX) in July 2008.

Interview

Talked with peers, talked with managment. Met with senior level management and spoke about company's plans for the future.

Interview Questions

Didn't feel it was challenging enough for me.

General Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Peer 1 Hosting (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Received a phone call from recruiter asking for a 20-minute phone screen: non-technical, completely behavioral. interpersonal, and cultural. Then phone call with hiring manager. Then another phone call with hiring manger's boss, the Director, except I was asked to come into the office and have the phone call there - probably wanted to just have a chance to see me face to face to make sure I wasn't insane.

Marketing Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Peer 1 Hosting (Southampton, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

the first stage interview was a 30min phone call with HR, then another 30min call with the hiring manager where they ask you questions about what drives you and what motivates you outside of work, so no questions around your competancies at that stage. then final stage is to go to their office in southampton and do a 10min presentation and then Q&A.

Interview Questions

• i was not expecting to draw a picture when i went for the final interview at their office, i was given several pieces of paper and some colouring pencils. firstly i was taken a back and felt that i was back at kindergarden. The picture needed to either reflect what motivates me. I then had to dicusss the picture and tell the panel what the pictures means to me. very bizare for a senior role   Answer Question

Peer 1 Hosting Response

May 27, 2014Talent Development Partner

First off, thanks for the feedback. Apologies for not responding before and we’re sorry that the process we follow didn’t work for you. We ask people to create an image of what motivates them, as ... More