Peer 1 Hosting

Updated Jun 9, 2014
9 interviews

People Partner/Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Peer 1 Hosting in January 2014.

Process was 3 phone interviews, then in person interview. Took about 2 months but expectations were established around the time-line up front. Process was similar to what I have experienced previously for similar roles. Interviews were pretty informal but very informative and honest. I learned a lot about the office, company and culture during all interviews. Every person I spoke with was forthright about the strengths and opportunities of Peer1 as a company, it was very refreshing.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember anything standing out that was very difficult or unexpected. I think the questions were well geared to the role and the skills/experience they were trying to test for.   Answer Question
    Peer1 was very honest with how much they were able to offer on the role. They spoke about all of the benefits and the "total rewards" offered there and basically said this is the best we can do, take it or leave it. Very honest and great expectation setting. Because of this the process we pretty seamless.

Human Resources People Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Peer 1 Hosting in May 2014.

Even from the beginning of the process, I felt like I was being taken seriously as a candidate for the People Partner position. The executive I spoke to initially took time on a Saturday for my culture screen. 4 other meetings/calls (not one time were they ever referred to as "interviews") followed. The people I spoke to were very clear about the role of the position and what it took to be successful. I was interviewed by a fellow People Partner as well as the Director of People and Performance.

Interview Questions
    • My preparation for the interviews was critical. Consequently, I was never really uncomfortable during the interview(s). There was a nice mix of behavioral, situational, and experience verification type questions during the process.   View Answer
    Negotiation was standard: offer, counter-offer, agreement.

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Peer 1 Hosting in April 2012.

The hiring process was very "out of the norm" I remember questions like if you found a wild animal in your backyard what would it be... The more serious part of the interview was very inviting and open ended. There was not a grilling of technical skills or talents. This company seemed to want to know who I was first, and make sure I would like the environment and people around me, and to make sure those people also feel the same. Team work is critical here, and this company would rather develop talent for people who add to the positive atmosphere here, instead of hiring the most socially hostile people based on their technical skills, which is a PLUS!!!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see your self in 5 years?   View Answer
    It was very positive and non-judgmental. I was not given vague answers nor was I toyed with.

Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Peer 1 Hosting in March 2013.

Started with an Employee Referral, so I sent my resume to a co-worker who was in the department and then applied online.

I received a call from Anjuli in the recruiting department who went through the basic HR questions and personality questions to see if I'm a culture fit. Scheduled an interview with the direct Support Manager in San Antonio.

This interview went well was pretty basic, asked some Linux Administration questions, some Windows Administration questions, basic how would you handle what situations.

After the first interview Anjuli said everything was positive and I would be having another interview with the higher Manager over the first one who interviewed me.

This interview was pretty much the same, basic linux questions, some questions about experience answering phones and doing customer service. Did a scenario where he acted as an irate customer to see how I would react and respond.

This all went well. About a week later I got a cal back with an offer from the 2nd manager which was about the offer I was expecting and then asked if I would take the job, the salary was where I wanted and Anjuli and I had already negotiated what I would say yes and no to.

I got my paperwork to start in my email filled it out faxed it back and then started 2 weeks later and all is well.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question that was in the interview, which wasn't difficult is what happens if i delete all the initrd and intramfs files.   Answer Question

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Peer 1 Hosting in October 2011.

I was fortunate enough to work as a consultant for the company. When I was approached by another competitor, within 24 hours the PEER 1 team had extended my a full offer. That alone was enough of a reason to move to the company full time.

Interview Questions
    One phone call. They offered a fair salary, solid benefits, and the tools I needed to be successful

Business Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Peer 1 Hosting in April 2011.

Phone screen, 3 face to faces and then offer. The process was a couple of months!

No negotiation...

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Angelo, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Angelo, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Peer 1 Hosting in July 2008.

Talked with peers, talked with managment. Met with senior level management and spoke about company's plans for the future.

Interview Questions

Didn't feel it was challenging enough for me.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Southampton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Peer 1 Hosting in August 2013.

the first stage interview was a 30min phone call with HR, then another 30min call with the hiring manager where they ask you questions about what drives you and what motivates you outside of work, so no questions around your competancies at that stage. then final stage is to go to their office in southampton and do a 10min presentation and then Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • i was not expecting to draw a picture when i went for the final interview at their office, i was given several pieces of paper and some colouring pencils. firstly i was taken a back and felt that i was back at kindergarden. The picture needed to either reflect what motivates me. I then had to dicusss the picture and tell the panel what the pictures means to me. very bizare for a senior role   Answer Question

Peer 1 Hosting Response

May 27, 2014Talent Development Partner

First off, thanks for the feedback. Apologies for not responding before and we’re sorry that the process we follow didn’t work for you. We ask people to create an image of what motivates them, as ... More

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southampton, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Peer 1 Hosting in August 2010.

Telephone screen, followed by line manager interview (I had to draw a picture of what inspired me), followed by senior management interview (I had to do a presentation), followed by E Team Level call and team call. The process was thorough and allowed me to interview them for the job too!

Interview Questions
    • All interviews are difficult - I like it that way, as when I get offered the job, it makes me feel like I earned it! There is nothing specific to comment on here!   View Answer
    As I would expect for a sales role!

Worked for Peer 1 Hosting? Contribute to the Community!