Peerless Industries

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Peerless Industries.

Interview Details – During the first interview I spoke with two managers who worked in the department. They asked me general questions about my background and skills. They also asked about how I would respond to various scenarios that could happen at Peerless. I had a second interview within a week; during this interview, I met with the Vice President and Director of HR. I was offered the position during this interview. Once I accepted, I was sent for a drug test (part of their standard procedure) and then started within two weeks.

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

Industrial Engineer Interview

Industrial Engineer
Aurora, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Peerless Industries in July 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process took over a month. The HR department would not return a call or email. After I had given up and took another job at another company, they finally called and asked if I could return for a 4th interview. What I found out after the fact is they had hired another person that quit after the first week. The HR department was very unorganized and never did learn my name.

Interview Question – What is your salary requirement. I typically don't have a requirement other than more than what I made at my previous company. This is a difficult question because if you say too high, you might not get the job, if you say too low, you may be underpaid for your duration at that company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Extremely painful as the HR department would not communicate to me at all. I actually got a call from the manager.

Customer Care Interview

Customer Care
Aurora, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Peerless Industries in December 2013.

Interview Details – I received a voice mail from the HR department and I could not understand the woman on the voicemail as she mumbled the company name. When I called back to leave a message, I still did not know what company had called me. When she touched base with me, I had to ask her for the company name as I still could not understand her on the phone. The interview was with the director and one of the customer care supervisors. It went EXTREMELY well and I received a call a few days later from the HR director asking me about my salary requirements. I was given an offer that was 25% less than what I was making previously, something they were aware of prior to my interview. When I asked for additional benefits and compensation (10% plus vacation time as I have a small child), the HR director replied, "We cannot meet your request, Happy Holidays."
I never rejected their offer. I replied twice to the email requesting information and left 3 voice mails but never received any call back. I would have accepted the offer on their terms.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I never declined the offer, they pulled it after I asked for more $$$ and benefits.

Very Easy Interview

Worker Interview

Worker
Aurora, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Peerless Industries in June 2010.

Interview Details – Very easily hired.

Worked for Peerless Industries? Contribute to the Community!