Peet's

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Peet's in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied in person, turned in my resume. I then got a call to come in for an interview the very next day. I met with the store manager. She told me that the earliest shift was at 4:30 am and closing could go on until 11pm.

Interview Question – She asked me what I liked most about customer service. Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer. She asked me a lot of questions regarding what I did at my last job and what it was like.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Barista

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Peet's.

Interview Details – Applied. Called. Set-up interview. Met. Answered simple interview questions. Hired.

Interview Question – What's your favorite coffee drink   Answer Question

Barista

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Peet's.

Interview Details – They wanted to know why I would choose Peet's over other coffee shops. They wanted to know a lot about my previous interactions with co-workers and how I handled difficult employee interactions. Literally one of the questions was "why do you think it's important to listen?".

Interview Question – I was surprised by how much the questions were focused on the team interaction. They don't care so much if you as an individual are a "super-star" employee, they want to know if you're a team player. I could tell between both interviews that the manager and assistant manager were really trying to tell if I was being "real" or just giving the text book answers.   Answer Question

Manhattan Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Peet's in January 2014.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. The first was over the phone asking me how I would react to certain situations. The second was a one-on-one where she basically asks similar questions just worded differently.

Interview Question – The question was, "Have you ever been in a situation where someone who was part of your group didn't understand something and if so, how did you help them?"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Peet's

Interview Details – two interviews

Interview Question – difficult customer service situation   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Peet's in May 2011.

Interview Details – Upon arrival, manager pulls out application, a quick greeting takes place and both sit in a private spot together. Manager gives a small overview of the company, then the questioning takes place. Some questions that were asked were: What experience do you have in this type of industry? How would you introduce yourself? Do you get along with employees (teamwork)? What is your current job?, A scenario is given and one must prioritize duties in that scenario. Describe a problem with another employee, what procedures were taken and what was the outcome? How would one up-sell a product? Description of any qualities that one possesses that one can bring to the company. REFERENCES WILL BE CHECKED, so have some good ones.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a situation where you had a problem with another employee, what happened, who was the other person, what procedures were taken, and what was the outcome?   View Answer
  • Describe a time when there was a dissatisfied customer: what was the problem, how did you deal with it, and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Manager will propose minimum wage ($9.92 in San Francisco) and try to settle it by average amount of tips earned per hour ($3-4). If you have experience, and know the market rate, propose that rate. Apparently, they can only give you $9.99. If you are good at haggling, try and settle for $10/hour.

Hayward, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Peet's in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied in person, got a phone interview a week later. Interview consisted of questions like: What do you already know about Peet's and why do you want to work here? Give a time when you had a positive customer experience. Pick a product and sell it to me. What kind of environment would you like to work in? Why did you leave your last job? Do you have any future commitments that will get in the way of working here?

Interview Question – Pick a product and sell it to me.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Peet's

Interview Details – A very straight forwards interview process. They ask things like, "What does good customer service mean to you?" Usually, the people that interview are easy-going.

Interview Question – "Tell us why you want to work for Peet's"   Answer Question

Barista

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Peet's in August 2011.

Interview Details – Interview after meeting a store manager.

Interview Question – What do you know about coffee   Answer Question

Barista

The process took a day - interviewed at Peet's in November 2008.

Interview Details – Consisted of a basic interview with the Store Manager. It was about 10 minutes. There was a 2nd interview by a Shift Lead after on, and the questions asked were generic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Little or no experience base rate is always $8 in the South Bay, so there was no negotiation. It was a take-it-or-leave-it situation.

Worked for Peet's? Contribute to the Community!