Peet's Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peet's (Berkeley, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied through their application online. Received an e-mail from a district manager within two days and a phone interview within the next day. Had an in person interview with a different district manager who seemed all over the place.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peet's (Oakland, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief, the person was dismissive. Not really listening, sounded like he had already made his mind up before I got on the phone. Didn't really go into any depth, the questions were more surface stuff - more like he was trying to see if my experience matched my resume.

Interview Questions

• How many people report to you   1 Answer

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tiburon, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peet's (Tiburon, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Went into the shop to turn in my application and they asked me if i could sit down for an interview right then. I talked with the manager and assistant manager at one of the tables in the shop. It was very casual and made me feel very comfortable. I was told how and where I would be trained and the opportunities for growth. It was a very pleasant interview and I enjoyed it a lot.

Cashier/Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peet's (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied in-store and within a few days received a phone call asking if I wanted to interview the following day. I arrived about 15 minutes early and was offered something to drink with the managers. I had the interview one-on-one with the manager, who asked pretty basic questions (How would you handle an upset customer?/How do you manage your time?/ect.). I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to learn a new skill set for a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Peet's (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Saw a hiring sign on the door and went in and asked for an application. Filled it out and turned it in and got a call two weeks later scheduling an interview. Got to my interview 10 minutes early and was offered a drink while I waited which I politely declined because I was too nervous to be thinking about a drink haha. Store manager came out in 15 minutes and we sat on the bench outside the store and did our interview there. He asked me some general questions like where I went to school and stuff like that before asking the actual interview questions. Overall interview was pretty casual and he was super friendly so I was definitely a lot more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you?   Answer Question
    • If you had a problem with a coworker, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • We have a new promotional coffee, how would you sell it to me? (basically talk about something you're passionate about)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peet's (Manhattan Beach, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very friendly interview with scenario questions as well as questions about your work history and why you want to work for Peet's. I believe the interview process should not be taken too professionally; show your character and why you would fit in well with the team at Peet's and you will be golden.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Peets; What skills do you already have that will benefit the team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Marina del Rey, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peet's (Marina del Rey, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

They had a job fair that was posted on Craigslist. Walked in and filled out an application. Got a on the spot job interview by one of the managers. The interview was pretty relaxed and pretty straight forward. The manager liked my personality. I was told I would get a call back for a second interview since they were going to open another store.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at Peet's? Tell me the time you received great customer service?   Answer Question

Barista/Retail Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Peet's.

Interview

I applied on a craigslist post. The company got back to me and I had an interview at one of the locations. They offered me any drink I would like which was nice.

Retail Sales and Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Peet's (Hayward, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I went to a job fair with application. Casual interview in corner of store. Recieved an offer in 3 days. Very easy laid back interview. They like down to earth friendly folks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it. entry-level pay

Retail Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Peet's (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Standard 2 step process. First round was a phone interview with an assistant store manager, second round will be with store manager. It wasnt the most stressful interview I've ever had. Just dress decently, bring an upbeat attiitude, and ask insightful questions about how they run their particular shop. Not the standard "whats your work/life balance like?"

Interview Questions

• Name one situation where you have a break down in communication with a coworker and how you responded to it?   1 Answer