Peet's

2.3

Retail Sales and Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hayward, CA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Peet's in December 2014.

I went to a job fair with application. Casual interview in corner of store. Recieved an offer in 3 days. Very easy laid back interview. They like down to earth friendly folks.

Interview Questions
    Take it or leave it. entry-level pay

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Peet's.

The process is standard, a couple of interviews, back ground and reference checks... It may take a while, and you may not hear much of anything from them during the process. You are hired for the district and the can put you in any store in that district, or you could end up as a bench manager and spend time at multiple store mostly in your district but sometimes in an adjacent district. Be prepared to jump if they ask and do it with a smile and a thank you.

Interview Questions
    • None in particular. It isn't always clear what they want to hear, so answer as honestly as is appropriate and do it with conviction.   Answer Question

Shift Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Peet's in September 2014.

I went to turn in my application and the manager I spoke to told me to come back the next day for a Job Fair at the store for a Shift Lead position. When I came in the next day they had a sheet for everyone to sign in on and they went in order. They had two store managers from other stores in the area doing the initial interview, if they liked you, they had you stay at the table and they informed the store manager from the store they were hiring for to interview you. Both interviews were very good. A lot of questions weren't hard at all. "Tell me a time that you had to keep up team morale."
    I got a call a couple days later from the store manager basically saying I was good to go and got the position, she just needed me to talk to the district manager. When I talked with him he said it wasn't even really an interview, that we were just going to talk and it was basically a check in. They require a background check as well.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to bring in my revenue and customers to the store?   View Answer

Shift Lead Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Peet's in August 2014.

Once originally making contact with the store manager I had three interviews. Two were with store managers and one with the district manager. Both of the interviews with the store managers were fairly basic and smooth going. I would say they last between 15-25 minutes total. At the end our communications were fairly casual and relaxed. The interview with the district manager only lasted approximately 13 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were typical and expected type questions. The most difficult question would be how to properly handle a very upset customer in which a coworker has acted in an unprofessional manor.   Answer Question

Shift Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Peet's.

Applied in person and had an interview within 24 hours. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. After passing the first interview, had a second with the district manager. This interview was also very pleasant. All of the people that interviewed me were easy to talk to and made the interview process comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question asked was if I had a superpower what would it be and why. A welcome and fun question.   Answer Question

Cashier/Barista Interview

I went to a job fair swarmed with people. After about 5 minutes of extensive questioning, i gave the interviewer my refernce sheet. never hear from them so I ' pretty sure i didn't do too well with the interview questions. be prepared to be on your toes

Barista Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Peet's.

Applied. Called. Set-up interview. Met. Answered simple interview questions. Hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Peet's in April 2014.

I applied in person, turned in my resume. I then got a call to come in for an interview the very next day. I met with the store manager. She told me that the earliest shift was at 4:30 am and closing could go on until 11pm.

Interview Questions
    • She asked me what I liked most about customer service. Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer. She asked me a lot of questions regarding what I did at my last job and what it was like.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Peet's.

They wanted to know why I would choose Peet's over other coffee shops. They wanted to know a lot about my previous interactions with co-workers and how I handled difficult employee interactions. Literally one of the questions was "why do you think it's important to listen?".

Interview Questions
    • I was surprised by how much the questions were focused on the team interaction. They don't care so much if you as an individual are a "super-star" employee, they want to know if you're a team player. I could tell between both interviews that the manager and assistant manager were really trying to tell if I was being "real" or just giving the text book answers.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Peet's.

Networking.