Peet's Cashier/Barista Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Peet's (San Francisco, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied in-store and within a few days received a phone call asking if I wanted to interview the following day. I arrived about 15 minutes early and was offered something to drink with the managers. I had the interview one-on-one with the manager, who asked pretty basic questions (How would you handle an upset customer?/How do you manage your time?/ect.). I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to learn a new skill set for a project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Peet's

Cashier/Barista Interview

Interview

I went to a job fair swarmed with people. After about 5 minutes of extensive questioning, i gave the interviewer my refernce sheet. never hear from them so I ' pretty sure i didn't do too well with the interview questions. be prepared to be on your toes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peet's (San Francisco, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

It was an open call with on-the-spot interviews held at an existing Peet's location. The interviewer was friendly and warm, and even though he'd clearly been doing many interviews already he was still upbeat. I didn't have enough coffee-related experience, which is why I think I didn't get a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Peet's (Pleasanton, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I had applied to Peet's three weeks ago. Then I got a call on Thursday to come in for an interview with the Store manager. So I went in around 5pm on a Sunday. The store manager was very friendly and gave me a free cup of coffee. We sat down and chit chatted, she asked me very basic interview question. Figuring out whether I had availabiliy, how long I might stay and work there and whether I could communicate well. She also talked a lot about herself and her vacation plan. She told me she was going away for a week for vacation and won't be able to let me know until she came back next Tuesday/Wednesday. In addition, she couldn't set up another interview because the assistant manager wasn't there. So I waited. Three days past that Tuesday or Wednesday; I never got the call back. Perhaps, I did not make it to the final interview. Or she simply had too much fun during her vacation and forgot about her interviewees. However, I am not disappointed at all because I got a similar job somewhere else.

Anonymous Employee in Tustin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Peet's (Tustin, CA) in July 2009.

Interview

I was called in for an interview. Did an interview with the Assistant Manager then the Store Manager and was hired after 4 days.