Peet's

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Emeryville, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Peet's in October 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication was by email with friendly and attentive HR staff. An in-person interview was scheduled within a few days. I went into the Emeryville office for multiple one on one interviews with three of the dev team members, an IT PM, and the VP over IT. (5 total interviews in ~4 hours) Surprisingly, no technical questions were asked during and of the interviews. I was given a laptop, Visual Studio, and some time to complete a very basic skills test. An offer was extended by HR the next morning.

Interview Question – Do you have Dynamics A/X experience?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – After spending one on one time with dev team members, they each made it clear that they were unhappy with their jobs for multiple reasons (project manager, technologies, pay, etc). Essentially, I declined their offer due to the depressing team morale and work environment, old technologies, and the offer was well below the market rate and was ~20% below what I was being paid at my current position. I left the interview feeling bad for the current development team and I really appreciated their honesty.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Peet's

Worked for Peet's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peet's Senior Software Developer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Peet's employees and interview candidates.