Pegasystems

1 Interview Review

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Engagement Leader Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in July 2010.

Initial communications was through a second party recruiter looking to fill seats for Pega classes in July. First interview was 1 hour and 15 minutes with the "business side" of the team. I have a very deep and wide experience level in the competencies that they were decribing in the job description. The interview went well... with a LOT of repeated questions on whether I was willing to "roll my sleeves up" and get things done. This could be taken several ways. The negative aspects of this would lead me to believe that their product required a LOT of technical know how to make it function - NOT a positive thing. Because of the depth and breadth of my experience he kept questioning me about my desire to stay with PegaSystems and why I would want to pursue this path with them as a career. All in all somewhat positive. He said I would now need to talk to their "Technical" team to determine whether I was technically adept.

One week later...

They scheduled a 'technical" interview for 7PM at night (we were both in the same time zone). Ok, I need the job, I'll interview at 7 at night. I dialed into the bridge line (on time) and was immediately answered by an inarticulate individual - not the person who was listed on the interview schedule. He explained that the senior person may dial in, but I would conduct the interview with him. Not incredibly difficult questions or outside the scope of the job desciption - just incredibly pathetic English. I had to ask him to repeat things 2 and 3 times in attempts to understand him. 45 minutes later the interview was concluded with me having to ask him to repeat himself three times as he tried to state that the job required 100% travel. I said , No problem"

I received an email from the recruiter 2 days later saying "I did not meet their expectations..."

I offer a single point of advice to anyone seeking employment with these folks: learn pidgin engrish?

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to commit yourself 100% to the training (6 weeks straight through the weekends) and then stay with our team the rest of your career?   View Answer
  • Does java support multiple inheritance?   View Answer