Pegasystems Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 19, 2014
97 interviews

2.9

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pegasystems in July 2014.

I was a part of the initial phone screening interview. This interview was scheduled one week after I applied. The interviewing process was conducted in a speedy manner. The hiring staff was professional and answered to my questions promptly. The phone interview lasted for 30 minutes. The person that interviewed me was pleasant. He mostly asked me to discuss my resume, more specifically my education and related experience.

Senior Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pegasystems in April 2014.

Was contacted on LinkedIn by a headhunter.

Eventually ended up in Boston for an interview. Seemed like a great company with a solid product.

I received a job offer but had to turn it down because of low salary. For some reason they are absolutely fixated on paying you your current salary plus a nominal raise. I tried to tell them some of their benefits were lacking compared to my current company (pension mainly) and that I would need a certain salary to make up for that difference. They declined to move much more than 1-2k above original offer as they were really tied to what I told them I was currently roughly making.

After declining the offer they have given me a complete run around about reimbursing me for my expenses related to the trip. At first I submitted all the documentation as instructed and heard nothing back for weeks. Eventually when I contacted the coordinator he told me they couldn't process my claim because I didn't sign it (I guess he wasn't going to tell me that part?) After returning the signed documentation he told me to expect a check within 4-6 weeks. After waiting 9 weeks I contacted the coordinator again to ask what the delay was and I was told all their accounts payable was terribly backlogged and they would definitely process it for me that week. A week later he told me they needed me to fill out more forms to be able to have a direct deposit done to my account. After filling out those forms I was then told that they are implementing a whole new system so they won't be processing my request for at least another week. To this day I am still waiting for my reimbursement and it has been months.

Summary: Great company that left me with a bitter taste in my mouth seemingly because I turned down their offer.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly standard programming questions and high level knowledge.

Consulting test is kind of an informal interview to make sure you have the social skills to get by in the job.
        Answer Question

Low salary

Consulting Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Pegasystems in June 2014.

Process took atleast a month with no final follow up on the position.

Inital phone screen with recruiter, follow up ps with senior recruiter, phone interview with hiring manager, onsite interview lasting 4 hours with various members of the team and skype interview with manager.

I was not impressed with the HR department at Pega. I had to follow up multiple times to get information from them after manager said she wanted me to come in and interview that week. Then they emailed out of the blue that they had gone ahead and scheduled a 4 hour session of interviews for the following day (notififed me at 3pm the day before) which is extremely unprofessional. After my interview, they never followed up even after the manager said they would be making the decision that week.

The employees all seemed great and like very nice hard working people. I had read the Glassdoor reviews prior to the interview and brought it up as a question. Each employee I asked agreed with the reviews and said they are working on the culture and trying to not have such a harsh opinion about employees leaving on time. The manager was very nice and everyone had nice things to say about her. The job was not the best fit for me even if the position had been offered.

Interview Questions
    • What is the thing you are most proud of? Tell me about yourself...   Answer Question

Consulting Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pegasystems in April 2014.

Applied on LinkedIn, recruiter called me days later to schedule phone screen with Senior recruiter. Then went on to a phone screen with hiring manager. Then i heard nothing i found a month later they changed hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • No real difficult questions its your typical behavorial questions and questions about your resume   Answer Question

Senior Systems Architect Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pegasystems.

I was first contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn. I only check LinkedIn every month or 2, so it was a while before I was able to respond to this contact.

The first phone interview was with an HR person to review my experience, keywords and verify that I was open to travel m-thursday. Sure. I've done it before. She let me know about the rest of the interview process. The PI - personality inventory type thing, the technical phone interview, the "Take The Interview" online video interview and then the flight to Boston for the in person interview. Entire process took about 4 weeks.

Answer the online personality inventory with as many items as pertain (or not) to you. Don't just skim it, answer it completely and to the best of your ability.

The technical phone interview - this was just basic object oriented questions and give examples of work you have done in the past. They seemed to like that.

The online video interview was a bit strange. They said it was to check for 'presence'. I think it is to make certain you are capable of cleaning up, brushing what hair you have, wearing an appropriate shirt/jacket and having a clean background and a basic command of language.

I had the whiteboard scenario to give during the trip to Cambridge. They flew me across the country, put me up in a nice hotel.

FIrst interview was a basic HR interview - lots of focus on the extensive travel. I've done that, and have no problem with that. Next interview - with the hiring manager. Questions looking for keywords - flexibility, usability, etc.

A 1 hr demo of the software with the other interviewees - total of 4 of us. ASK QUESTIONS during the presention. I asked about mobile solutions.

Next up - lunch as a group - we went to a chain restaurant in the mall down the street. 3 new HR folks we hadn't met yet joined us. Tried to build relationships and ask questions.

Next up - the whiteboard session. I was 3rd of the 4. I had brought my laptop and made up 3x5 cards. 1 interviewee didn't bring his scenario - i gave him my copy. One didn't have any 3x5 cards - I gave him some.

Interviewee #2 lasted less than 15 minutes, so I started early.

Going in - 10+ people, only 4 of whom I had seen earlier in the day. Very stoney audience - I figured that was part of the interview. I'm a trainer so I have a lot of experience with presentations. I did process flow and hit every requirement outlined in the scenario.

Questions - how would you handle approvals between the 2 defined intervals in the scenario? However the client wants to handle it - i gave 3 potential examples with pluses and minuses of each.

Next question - how do you handle creating user interfaces for clients? I usually let my graphics team and the marketing team deal with that. We give them wireframes of sample layouts to work with. It doesn't usually affect the underlying functionality.

That questioner seemed to think that my background was as an interface analyst. I have zero experience as an interface analyst. I am primarily a software architect who spends 20-40% of my time coding if needed.

After the interview - I received an email with a surveymonkey question - would you recommend PegaSystems to others and why?

I was not offered the position. I was told that I was not considered a good fit for this position, but they were impressed by my skills and will keep me in mind if a position as an interface analyst opens up. I AM NOT AN INTERFACE ANALYST. I have no idea where they got that impression - maybe because I actually wore colors in my interview suit????

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle creating user interfaces for clients. I was not interviewing for a user interface analyst position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter was very basic. A brief introduction of the company history and then we went over the technical skill requirements for the position. A week after the phone interview I went for a group technical interview. Brief introductions again to high level team members and discussed the product and software used. Afterwards we went into the technical questions followed by whiteboard coding.

Associate Systems Architect Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Pegasystems.

I had applied on their website for this role. After I submitted my application I got an email from a recruiter next day to set up an interview. After setting up the interview the recruiter did not contact me and missed the interview. I heard back about week and half later that the recruiter had an emergency and wasn't able to make it. So we set up another interview and she cancelled it because of a snow storm. We set up another interview for different day/week but they missed it again. That is really unprofessional. Did not receive an email or any communication on why they missed it 3rd time.

Systems Architect Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pegasystems in February 2014.

I had my first interview from HR and followed by another phone interview by a manager and senior architect.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected question. Questions are all related to the job.   Answer Question
    I'm still on the process of the interview. If I get an offer, I will surely accept.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pegasystems.

THe interview was one of the better ones I have had. I was taken to four separate meetings (One was with HR where they let me field any general questions I had). Next was a face-to-face interview with some programming questions, next was a logic based test/ code writing test, and the last was a follow-up with one of their VPs

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, I was not ready with my Java though   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I received an email from the nice lady who then asked me to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was scheduled for the next day. Simple questions about programming background and nothing technical. It went well, but she never contacted me back.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see yourself contributing to the software development teams at Pega?   Answer Question

Worked for Pegasystems? Contribute to the Community!