Pegasystems

Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.9

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in December 2011.

Hiring and interview process is swift and somewhat challenging but not too bad. Couple of phone screens followed by a day long interview process where you need to give a presentation with little notice.

Interview Questions
    • Presentation was probably the toughest but not too bad.   Answer Question
    They basically low ball everyone and are pretty stingy. Talk about salary with the recruiter before you go in for the day long interview.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in December 2011.

Initial phone interviews followed by multiple in-person interviews. Be prepared to show a technical presentation and demo of something you are familiar with. There will be multiple levels of interviews and this could go as high as the VP of Sales. Make sure you are very clear on any questions you have and ensure they are answered to your satisfaction.

Interview Questions
    • Do not remember any questions that stood out as unexpected or complex.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pegasystems in October 2011.

Interview was fairly straight forward. First session with HR to discuss opportunities and salary requirement. Onsite interview was scheduled promptly in the following week. In person interview comprised of technical written test as well as 1:1 session with manager and few other folks. Initial verbal offer from HR and lengthy negotiation process which lasted for about couple of weeks before the final offer was tendered.

Pega tends to low ball most of the prospective employees. Have another offer in hand and be ready to put your foot down.

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pegasystems in September 2011.

The process consisted of phone interview with a director, followed by an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of 5 45 minute sessions with managers/colleagues/VP. One of the colleagues asked some puzzles, but for the rest of them, it was discussion of the background. The questions were all very fair and relevant to the position. I would suggest trying to learn as much about the company and the position prior to going in.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the team lead asked you to ship the software with known deficiencies ?   Answer Question

Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in August 2011.

The interview process consisted of a phone screen, followed by a phone interview, and eventually an in person interview at their Boston HQ. It was an all day event, consisting of a presentation by the director and then 3 short 1:1 interviews. Overall fairly easy and standard questions. No behavioral questions; all the interviews consisted of just a resume walk through.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in August 2011.

Phone Screen:
    I was contacted by the HR rep. She scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager seemed nice and asked detailed language related questions from java collections, generics, serialization, threading, design patterns, etc. Some of the topics were a little over my head but I managed to get a positive result.

Interview 1:
    I was asked to come in for an interview and also fill in employment application. It lasted for about 3 hrs. I met with the hiring manager and the principle/senior engineers. I was asked logic questions, a couple of java programming questions, and database questions. The interview went well and I was asked to come in for a second round.

Interview 2:
    Met with manager at first, he issued concerns about my salary requirements and then we went on with the interview. I met with some senior/junior engineers, the interview was much more technical than the first one. I was asked to go to the board and write code, draw graphs of sql join diagrams, write another programming question, explain every data structure I know, every sorting algorithm I know, write complex MySql queries, etc.

Post Interview 1
    The overall interview was positive and we began salary negotiations. Manager ended up low-balling me on my salary requirements and the picture became clear from interview 2. Tactics such as "you don't have enough experience" and "your not a senior engineer", "what if I pay you X will you accept" were used. Beware that they pay 10%+ below market. Anyways, manager asked if I would accept the position if offered at below my requirements. I said no and asked him to follow-up with anything that he can do to make it work out.

Post Interview 2
    Manager followed up but had made his mind that he wasn't going to budge. Didn't find that out until later. First told me about the amazing things about working with them and how they engaged in team building and outings the previous day. Next, he filled me in on his decision and hung up. Unfortunately, a positive interview experience went south fast.

Interview Questions
    • If you have a large rock on a boat in a lake and then you throw the rock into the water, do you expect the lake level to rise or fall?   View Answer

Senior Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in July 2011.

The interview was quite simple. They asked for a presentation 24 hours before I flew to Boston. I think that the idea is that anybody who know programming will get selected.

Interview Questions
    The offered salary was in the range I was thinking so I accepted it.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pegasystems in March 2011.

Long and drawn out hiring cycle mainly because they had to create new job title for me based on skillset match.

Interview Questions
    • Illustrate the architecture for an application hosted on the cloud.   Answer Question

Lead Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pegasystems in March 2011.

I was a somewhat passive candidate that first spoke with a recruiter right before the holidays (after Thanksgiving but before Christmas). The culture is very engineering oriented (and most of the stereotypes that go with that - male dominant, socially awkward but also smart and energetic people). The people I spoke with behaved exactly the same after I was hired, no games there.

Interview Questions
    • We're going to make you take some exams, you will be expected to pass them. Is that OK?   Answer Question
    • Would you be OK with traveling to India?   Answer Question
    My negotiation went well, there were no surprises and I think it was fair. The offer was made in the expected time frame and contained exactly what we had discussed.

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in December 2010.

I had a screening interview with HR to make sure I could talk the talk. Then two phone interviews with potential colleagues. After making that cut, went on-site in Cambridge for the "cattle call" (a.k.a. "interview day"). The group was assured that everyone who was qualified would get a job offer - no competition between candidates. I had just 2 face-to-face interviews and two presentations (one informal, one formal). Overall, a fairly smooth process if you're not attached to an idea of how an interview "should" go.

Interview Questions
    • What vertical industries do you have experience with?   View Answer
    I checked Glassdoor and saw that the compensation package I was getting was in line with others. I didn't bother haggling - getting in the door with a rapidly growing, progressive company was most important to me.