Pegasystems Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Pegasystems in May 2012.

Was shuffled around to various locations because they could not find a conference room to interview me in. There was a line of people waiting to be interviewed so I was treated as just another applicant. The interview questions were pretty standard but I had the feeling they already knew who they would hire, most likely someone who they had selected internally, from within Pega who would work for cheap. Most of the time I felt like they were just going through the interview motions.

The traffic was bad, the commute was pretty bad, and I ultimately had to pay for my own parking. If you do an interview I suggest asking questions before hand to confirm if they're really interested in hiring you instead of just interviweing you.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in January 2012.

I was a referral from a friend, I received a call from a Pega recruiter almost immediately after my resume was submitted. The hiring process was pretty straightforward, there really wasn't anything unexpected. 2 phone screens, then half a day onsite with a combination of 1-1 interviews, group interviews, and a presentation. After some of the other interviews I've been through, the Pega process was unremarkable, and overall quite forgettable.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. I was asked to give a presentation on a topic of my choosing from my previous employer, but this was something that was not unique to Pega.   Answer Question
    Painful actually, and Pega initially increased their offer then rescinded. Quite annoying, but they were still the best company that offered me a job at their time. They typically don't negotiate from their initial offer.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in December 2011.

Hiring and interview process is swift and somewhat challenging but not too bad. Couple of phone screens followed by a day long interview process where you need to give a presentation with little notice.

Interview Questions
    • Presentation was probably the toughest but not too bad.   Answer Question
    They basically low ball everyone and are pretty stingy. Talk about salary with the recruiter before you go in for the day long interview.

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in December 2011.

Initial phone interviews followed by multiple in-person interviews. Be prepared to show a technical presentation and demo of something you are familiar with. There will be multiple levels of interviews and this could go as high as the VP of Sales. Make sure you are very clear on any questions you have and ensure they are answered to your satisfaction.

Interview Questions
    • Do not remember any questions that stood out as unexpected or complex.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pegasystems in October 2011.

Interview was fairly straight forward. First session with HR to discuss opportunities and salary requirement. Onsite interview was scheduled promptly in the following week. In person interview comprised of technical written test as well as 1:1 session with manager and few other folks. Initial verbal offer from HR and lengthy negotiation process which lasted for about couple of weeks before the final offer was tendered.

Pega tends to low ball most of the prospective employees. Have another offer in hand and be ready to put your foot down.

Senior Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pegasystems in September 2011.

The process consisted of phone interview with a director, followed by an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of 5 45 minute sessions with managers/colleagues/VP. One of the colleagues asked some puzzles, but for the rest of them, it was discussion of the background. The questions were all very fair and relevant to the position. I would suggest trying to learn as much about the company and the position prior to going in.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the team lead asked you to ship the software with known deficiencies ?   Answer Question

Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in August 2011.

The interview process consisted of a phone screen, followed by a phone interview, and eventually an in person interview at their Boston HQ. It was an all day event, consisting of a presentation by the director and then 3 short 1:1 interviews. Overall fairly easy and standard questions. No behavioral questions; all the interviews consisted of just a resume walk through.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in August 2011.

Phone Screen:
    I was contacted by the HR rep. She scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager seemed nice and asked detailed language related questions from java collections, generics, serialization, threading, design patterns, etc. Some of the topics were a little over my head but I managed to get a positive result.

Interview 1:
    I was asked to come in for an interview and also fill in employment application. It lasted for about 3 hrs. I met with the hiring manager and the principle/senior engineers. I was asked logic questions, a couple of java programming questions, and database questions. The interview went well and I was asked to come in for a second round.

Interview 2:
    Met with manager at first, he issued concerns about my salary requirements and then we went on with the interview. I met with some senior/junior engineers, the interview was much more technical than the first one. I was asked to go to the board and write code, draw graphs of sql join diagrams, write another programming question, explain every data structure I know, every sorting algorithm I know, write complex MySql queries, etc.

Post Interview 1
    The overall interview was positive and we began salary negotiations. Manager ended up low-balling me on my salary requirements and the picture became clear from interview 2. Tactics such as "you don't have enough experience" and "your not a senior engineer", "what if I pay you X will you accept" were used. Beware that they pay 10%+ below market. Anyways, manager asked if I would accept the position if offered at below my requirements. I said no and asked him to follow-up with anything that he can do to make it work out.

Post Interview 2
    Manager followed up but had made his mind that he wasn't going to budge. Didn't find that out until later. First told me about the amazing things about working with them and how they engaged in team building and outings the previous day. Next, he filled me in on his decision and hung up. Unfortunately, a positive interview experience went south fast.

Interview Questions
    • If you have a large rock on a boat in a lake and then you throw the rock into the water, do you expect the lake level to rise or fall?   View Answer

Senior Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in July 2011.

The interview was quite simple. They asked for a presentation 24 hours before I flew to Boston. I think that the idea is that anybody who know programming will get selected.

Interview Questions
    The offered salary was in the range I was thinking so I accepted it.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pegasystems in March 2011.

Long and drawn out hiring cycle mainly because they had to create new job title for me based on skillset match.

Interview Questions
    • Illustrate the architecture for an application hosted on the cloud.   Answer Question