Pegasystems Interview Questions

Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.9

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pegasystems in March 2011.

Long and drawn out hiring cycle mainly because they had to create new job title for me based on skillset match.

Interview Questions
    • Illustrate the architecture for an application hosted on the cloud.   Answer Question

Lead Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pegasystems in March 2011.

I was a somewhat passive candidate that first spoke with a recruiter right before the holidays (after Thanksgiving but before Christmas). The culture is very engineering oriented (and most of the stereotypes that go with that - male dominant, socially awkward but also smart and energetic people). The people I spoke with behaved exactly the same after I was hired, no games there.

Interview Questions
    • We're going to make you take some exams, you will be expected to pass them. Is that OK?   Answer Question
    • Would you be OK with traveling to India?   Answer Question
    My negotiation went well, there were no surprises and I think it was fair. The offer was made in the expected time frame and contained exactly what we had discussed.

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in December 2010.

I had a screening interview with HR to make sure I could talk the talk. Then two phone interviews with potential colleagues. After making that cut, went on-site in Cambridge for the "cattle call" (a.k.a. "interview day"). The group was assured that everyone who was qualified would get a job offer - no competition between candidates. I had just 2 face-to-face interviews and two presentations (one informal, one formal). Overall, a fairly smooth process if you're not attached to an idea of how an interview "should" go.

Interview Questions
    • What vertical industries do you have experience with?   View Answer
    I checked Glassdoor and saw that the compensation package I was getting was in line with others. I didn't bother haggling - getting in the door with a rapidly growing, progressive company was most important to me.

SSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in December 2010.

interesting interview day.

Director Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pegasystems in February 2010.

Received call from internal recruiter which lead to a face to face with hiring manager two days later. That was followed by three visits to office for face to face interviews and two phone interviews with a specific senior manager. Very long drawn out process.

Pretty straight forward

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pegasystems in December 2009.

The recruiter was pleasent and organized but not knowledgeable about the position or company. The interviewers were ill prepared, did not allocate enough time for the actual interview and were confused about the position requirements and title.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pegasystems in May 2009.

Recruiter contacted me via phone. I participated in a phone interview to identify my skill-set and knowledge. Provided travel to Pegasystems office in MA where there was an interview day of multiple interviews with different personnel amd also included a technical presentation. It was unorganized and additionally I wasn't told to prepare a presentation, while other candidates were told at least a week in advance and had time to prepare. Other candidates arrived with Powerpoint presentations in hand. I never heard from a representative from pegasystems afer my interview. Pegasystems did provide for all travel and related expenses, but I thought it extremely unprofessionally to have never been given a decision one way or the other on the reulsts of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions without a real context. Many of them are available in reference books and have very little to do with implementation level knowledge and the ability to implement technical solutions. I don't think it really matters if a person has database return codes memorized.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pegasystems in May 2009.

Talked to them briefly at a booth at a career fair--handed them my resume. 3 weeks later, I received a follow-up email inviting me to a day-long interview/presentation day at the company. There was, if I remember correctly, a presentation, than one interview with the manager I would be working two levels under, a lunch / presentation, then one more interview with the person who would have been my direct manager. Both interviews were very causal--very few technical questions.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pegasystems in November 2008.

Initially a phone screen and an online form was submitted along with background releases.
    I was flown out and all was good until the recruiter pulled me out and tried to renegotiate a previously agreed salary range which I thought was very unprofessional. I left the interview with a sour taste.
    Technicals are so so but they emphasize salesmanship over skills. We were a group of 20 candidates
    and no one got a job offer. Avoid Pega.....

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in January 2008.

An in-house contract recruiter contacted me for the position via email and by phone. After interviewing with the recruiter, a phone screen was set up with the hiring manager. After that phone interview, two additional phone screens were scheduled with key stakeholders in the project. At that point, I was asked to provide at least two references. I gave them about 4 or 5 people they could call and they did contact those references and received favorable reviews of my performance. Based in large part on that, I was informed of an offer to come on board as a contractor via phone from the recruiter I had been working with. I never did have to do an onsite visit or have any in-person interviews, I was hired over the phone basically, but only after four (phone) interviews and the reference checks. There was some initial talk about the possibility of the position going permanent, but that did not work out for me and was let go after working there four months.

Yes, but the offer came in higher than expected, so I accepted it without asking for any adjustments or changes.