Pegasystems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pegasystems.

Interview

Initially met at a job fair and was invited to an interview at their Cambridge, MA location. It was about 6 hours of interviewing during which I was asked technical questions about programming, specifically Java, and team management type questions. I met with members of several different teams and also had to take a 1 hour on-paper test to determine programming skils. The new office was quite nice, and everyone was pretty friendly.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would deal with a software project that was running behind schedule and there was no way to get the required functionality completed.   Answer Question

Executive Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I emailed the VP of Global Recruiting my resume and she called to set up an interview. I met her in a coffee shop across the street from Pegasystems and we had a good conversation for about half an hour to 45 minutes. I was then to take an online personality test called the Predictive Index. This is a personality assessment test that has been around since 1955. It is a 2 page test that has a list of personality traits and fir the 1st page you indicate how other people see you re: each trait , i.e. pick out the relevant traits that you think other people see in you and the 2nd page is the same list of traits but you indicate how you see yourself.

Interview Questions

• The Recruiter told me to take the predictive index without thinking about it, just go with my gut. So when I received the test in my email, it was a Friday afternoon, and I just opened it up and blasted through it!. I took maybe 2 minutes to complete it. This turned out to be the wrong way to do it, because I flunked it! Not that you can really flunk i this type of test, but I answered it very sparsely, clicking a couple of traits on the 1st page and then a couple more on the 2nd and then hitting submit.   2 Answers

Systems Architect Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pegasystems.

Interview

I was scheduled 3 interviews before face to face.

Interview Questions

• IQ questions and white boarding were very tough.   1 Answer

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in June 2013.

Interview

It was a very mechanical process. The process did not take all expertise and background into consideration. The Recruiter asked questions that were rehearsed and not focused on interviewee or the role. It was obvious he was working on a quota.

Cloud Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Met with about 4 people on the interview day. It was not overly technical but just enough to guage my skill sets. They took a while to get me an offer due to offer letter needing to be signed by executives all the way up. I was initially contacted by an inhouse recruiter and then screened by hiring manager.

Senior Business Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA).

Interview

After a few phone screenings, I interviewed in person. They tried something new, simulating on-the-job interactions. The application was presented, there were about 30 minutes to talk requirements with a "client stakeholder," and then a presentation was given on the material.

Interview Questions

• I think the most difficult part was giving a the presentation on new material and analysis, but it was also a fair way to conduct the interview process...   Answer Question

Senior Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by email and I replied with several messages.
    2 weeks passed before recruiter setup phone interview.
    2 weeks passed before in plant interview setup.
    I interviewed with several managers, a panel then we all broke for lunch at a very nice place.
    Half way through the interview in Cambridge, the recruiter tried to renegotiate salary range.
    I felt like a victim of bait and switch.
    This recruiter wasted 2 days of my vacation for no job in the end.

Interview Questions

• On the contrary, per the recruiter my technical answers were spot on.   Answer Question

Director of Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

Easy interview process. Initial interview with recruiter who immediately set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. On site interview schedule was intense, met with 5 people over a 7 hour period but it was nice to get all the interviews completed within one day.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult but for some jobs they make you do a presentation in front of several managers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not willing to budge on salary, said they offered the highest they could for the first offer based on my experience.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Was shuffled around to various locations because they could not find a conference room to interview me in. There was a line of people waiting to be interviewed so I was treated as just another applicant. The interview questions were pretty standard but I had the feeling they already knew who they would hire, most likely someone who they had selected internally, from within Pega who would work for cheap. Most of the time I felt like they were just going through the interview motions.

The traffic was bad, the commute was pretty bad, and I ultimately had to pay for my own parking. If you do an interview I suggest asking questions before hand to confirm if they're really interested in hiring you instead of just interviweing you.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems (Cambridge, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

I was a referral from a friend, I received a call from a Pega recruiter almost immediately after my resume was submitted. The hiring process was pretty straightforward, there really wasn't anything unexpected. 2 phone screens, then half a day onsite with a combination of 1-1 interviews, group interviews, and a presentation. After some of the other interviews I've been through, the Pega process was unremarkable, and overall quite forgettable.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. I was asked to give a presentation on a topic of my choosing from my previous employer, but this was something that was not unique to Pega.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Painful actually, and Pega initially increased their offer then rescinded. Quite annoying, but they were still the best company that offered me a job at their time. They typically don't negotiate from their initial offer.