Pegasystems Interview Questions in Reading, England

Updated Jun 27, 2014

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pegasystems in May 2014.

I was approached by a recruiter with the job spec and we had a telephone conversation the next day, which at the end I was asked to complete a PI personality test and send my CV in to her. They reviewed the results of those and then I was invited for an interview which I felt went very well. After that, I got a call being asked some more questions and was given the bank holiday weekend to think them over...but this company is not one I wanted to miss out on so I responded later that day!

Interview Questions
    The offer was so great that I accepted immediately. Their base rate is so competitive, I would count it as a perk!

Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reading, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pegasystems in May 2013.

I was approached by a pega headhunter through linkedin asking if i wa sinterested in a role. Having seen the title I politely explained that I was not a salesperson, and that I was more pre-sales focused. The headhunter asked to forward me the role description anyway in the hope that i'd change my mind saying that the title was misleading and there was no direct sales involved. The spec looked good, (more pre-sales architecture) so I agreed to apply. A couple of email exchanges and I was first presented with a personality test. This is online and takes a couple of minutes at most. You have to click on the words that describe yourself, then the words that you think others use to describe you.

This went well and I was given a telephone interview, again I explained that I was not direct sales, and went through my resume. All fairly straightforward. Soon after I was invited to a face to face interview.

A very bad start and terrible first impression, after being stuck in a traffic jam I barely made it with only a few minutes to spare, yet to my surprise the recruiter was still out for lunch almost 10 minutes after my interview should have started. When they causally strolled past reception then asked me to wait longer until they were ready I was already regretting having made the long drive.

That aside, I was taken to a tiny very hot room where I met the hiring manager, the interview format was a little different to what I'm used to, as there was only one person conducting the interview, no note takers, no representation from HR or an advocate. I was given all of the usual questions, my resume, role history and recovered all of the same questions I had in the telephone interview.. Again, a little disappointing as I'd traveled a very long way.

The next stage was a product demonstration, this time with a proposed future colleague. This went reasonably well I thought, I asked intelligent questions about the nuts and bolts of the system and despite not getting them answered I picked up the structure and format of the system very well. The demo was extremely limited given the time we had and the level of content was sparse and I learned very little above what I had already found through my own research.

The hiring manager returned and the interview was concluded with an explanation that the next stage would involve a panel interview where i'd be expected to present on a topic given to me in advance. The entire process including the wait for the recruiter to come back from lunch took a little under 2 hours.

Almost 2 weeks after I sent an email to the recruiter to ask if there had been any update and was disappointed (perhaps a little relieved too) to be told that I was not suitable for the role, apparently I did not have the certifications in PEGA systems that they would like and the expense of training me up would be too great. This was an irritation as the recruiter and the hiring manager both knew well in advance that I had no such certifications, and that my experience with similar systems combined with an intensive on-boarding process would make me an excellent candidate.

There was I feel an attempt to try and cheapen the experience, by being told there was a more junior position available and that the salary would be less. I politely declined.

Interview Questions
    • After the system demonstration I was again irritated to be asked if I could find any opportunity for putting the software into my current employers business. The whole effort felt like a shambolic backwards sales attempt   View Answer

Worked for Pegasystems? Contribute to the Community!