Pegasystems Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

10 interviews

3.1

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Initial phone interview with recruiter was very basic. A brief introduction of the company history and then we went over the technical skill requirements for the position. A week after the phone interview I went for a group technical interview. Brief introductions again to high level team members and discussed the product and software used. Afterwards we went into the technical questions followed by whiteboard coding.

Other Interview Reviews for Pegasystems

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Pegasystems.

Initially met at a job fair and was invited to an interview at their Cambridge, MA location. It was about 6 hours of interviewing during which I was asked technical questions about programming, specifically Java, and team management type questions. I met with members of several different teams and also had to take a 1 hour on-paper test to determine programming skils. The new office was quite nice, and everyone was pretty friendly.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would deal with a software project that was running behind schedule and there was no way to get the required functionality completed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pegasystems in October 2011.

Interview was fairly straight forward. First session with HR to discuss opportunities and salary requirement. Onsite interview was scheduled promptly in the following week. In person interview comprised of technical written test as well as 1:1 session with manager and few other folks. Initial verbal offer from HR and lengthy negotiation process which lasted for about couple of weeks before the final offer was tendered.

Pega tends to low ball most of the prospective employees. Have another offer in hand and be ready to put your foot down.

Anonymous Employee  in  Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pegasystems in August 2011.

Phone Screen:
    I was contacted by the HR rep. She scheduled a phone interview with the hiring manager. The manager seemed nice and asked detailed language related questions from java collections, generics, serialization, threading, design patterns, etc. Some of the topics were a little over my head but I managed to get a positive result.

Interview 1:
    I was asked to come in for an interview and also fill in employment application. It lasted for about 3 hrs. I met with the hiring manager and the principle/senior engineers. I was asked logic questions, a couple of java programming questions, and database questions. The interview went well and I was asked to come in for a second round.

Interview 2:
    Met with manager at first, he issued concerns about my salary requirements and then we went on with the interview. I met with some senior/junior engineers, the interview was much more technical than the first one. I was asked to go to the board and write code, draw graphs of sql join diagrams, write another programming question, explain every data structure I know, every sorting algorithm I know, write complex MySql queries, etc.

Post Interview 1
    The overall interview was positive and we began salary negotiations. Manager ended up low-balling me on my salary requirements and the picture became clear from interview 2. Tactics such as "you don't have enough experience" and "your not a senior engineer", "what if I pay you X will you accept" were used. Beware that they pay 10%+ below market. Anyways, manager asked if I would accept the position if offered at below my requirements. I said no and asked him to follow-up with anything that he can do to make it work out.

Post Interview 2
    Manager followed up but had made his mind that he wasn't going to budge. Didn't find that out until later. First told me about the amazing things about working with them and how they engaged in team building and outings the previous day. Next, he filled me in on his decision and hung up. Unfortunately, a positive interview experience went south fast.

Interview Questions
    • If you have a large rock on a boat in a lake and then you throw the rock into the water, do you expect the lake level to rise or fall?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Pegasystems in May 2013.

1st round is aps and then technical round and then HR round, 1st round 45 questions on general aptitude and java

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pegasystems in March 2013.

saw my resume in one of the job portals, asked to attend return test containing aptitude and java, got selected.After 1 week got call from hr asked 25- 30 java related questions answered almost all and left 2 questions,asked about expected salary waiting for the final result.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Pegasystems in April 2012.

1 Written Test
    2 Technical interview rounds
    1 HR round

Software Engineer Interview

Impersonal, they invited a room full of people for a presentation and one on one's.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing outside the ordinary, was asked about the differences between abstract and interface several times   View Answer
    Very little room for negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Pegasystems.

I applied for a job online and didn't receive an interview. Saw same job posted a few months later and contacted internal recruiter directly. Got phone interview with internal recruiter and hiring manager, then in-person interview with five other people. Also one last phone interview a week later.

Recruiting department was disorganized. Company HQ was really unhip/conventional for a software company looking for innovators and thought leaders.

Interview Questions
    • None, only one puzzle that was listed in the book "Programming Interviews Exposed" under Graphical and Spatial Puzzles.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Pegasystems in January 2010.

five one to one interview for people from different department, very well prepared. pizza lunch with a lot of employees. The best is the open house that everyone was given a free ipod shuffle and lunch was awesome. Technical questions more than behavioral questions during the interview, and intelligence test was part of it, so very interesting and encouraging.

Interview Questions

Worked for Pegasystems? Contribute to the Community!