Pegasystems Systems Architect Interview Questions

2.2

Systems Architect Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems in February 2014.

Interview

I had my first interview from HR and followed by another phone interview by a manager and senior architect.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected question. Questions are all related to the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm still on the process of the interview. If I get an offer, I will surely accept.

Other Interview Reviews for Pegasystems

Systems Architect Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pegasystems.

Interview

I was scheduled 3 interviews before face to face.

Interview Questions

• IQ questions and white boarding were very tough.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pegasystems (Boston, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a phone screen, followed by a phone interview, and eventually an in person interview at their Boston HQ. It was an all day event, consisting of a presentation by the director and then 3 short 1:1 interviews. Overall fairly easy and standard questions. No behavioral questions; all the interviews consisted of just a resume walk through.

Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pegasystems (Hyderābād (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

For HYDERABAD Office :- I got a call from HR team and they have scheduled the interview after asking few common details like current company,CTC,relevant experience etc. Interview has been scheduled on March 2014. Once I reached to the Office,I came to know that Hyderabad team is not aware about the interview .Later on I called to the person who has scheduled the interview. Later on after waiting for 2 hours they have asked me to come in a room where 2 technical guys were there for interview. So,finally we started the interview. They have asked me to cover almost all the areas of PEGA PRPC and sometimes they even asked me to draw architecture and class diagram on white board. Interview has gone for more than one hour and the technical panel was very satisfied with my answers. When they have done I have asked them about my performance.they clearly said that you have good technical knowledge and your concepts are very clear. That was the story on my technical interview. Interesting thing is that later on I never received any call from them. I have sent email to the HR team to let me know the status even if I am NOT selected.But so far I have not received any communication from any one. I mean at least we can expect a little professionalism from an organization like PEGASYSTEMS. Later on I call to one of my friend who use to work there. He told me that do not assume the PEGASYSTEMS hyderabad as PEGASYSTEMS US .There is lot of difference . Its like same Indian organization with same Asian peoples and cultures ONLY with different brand name. So,If you guys will ever get chance to appear for interview , don't expect that they will select you only on your technical / professional knowledge . I believe they looks for something else. NOT SURE . BUT VERY DISAPPOINTING !!!

Interview Questions

• For Me Most Difficult Question is :- Even though you are technically good enough and have required experience,but you will never know why they have NOT selected you.   Answer Question

Architecte Système Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pegasystems (Paris (France)) in September 2012.

Interview

On m'a d'abord contacté par téléphone pour me proposer le poste d'architecte système en chef. Après un premier entretien téléphonique puis un autre en tête à tête, le processus d'embauche était en marche. Ensuite, un responsable du service des Ressources Humaines m'a signifié que le poste proposé était déclassé à celui de simple architecte système. S'en est suivi un autre entretien téléphonique (plutôt technique, mais rien d'alarmant) avant qu'on considère ma candidature comme acceptable. Il m'a également fallu m'entretenir avec le directeur français de la société et accepter de divulguer beaucoup d'informations personnelles : j'ai dû les autoriser à contacter pratiquement tous les employeurs que j'ai pu avoir dans ma vie professionnelle et leur signer un document leur permettant d'effectuer des recherches sur ma vie privée, y compris mon historique médical et mon casier judiciaire. TRÈS INTRUSIF, mais je n'ai rien à cacher. Après quatre entretiens, on m'a finalement proposé un poste de cadre à 48 000 euros par an avec une clause de mobilité partout en Europe qui impliquait d'acheter une voiture (pour laquelle on me versait une indemnité de 400 euros par mois). En France, le salaire minimum pour ce type de poste est d'environ 150 euros de moins que ce qu'on m'a proposé ... et le temps de présence qu'on exigeait de moi était au maximum. En général, en France, quand on est payé au salaire minimum, on peut se considérer comme malchanceux. Ma rémunération actuelle n'était que de 2000 euros de moins que ce que l'on me proposait, sans les responsabilités et les tracas liés au statut de cadre. J'ai donc dû décliner leur offre.

I was first contacted by phone to be Senior Systems architect. After one phone interview and a second in person interview, the process started. Then the position offered was downgraded to Systems architect by a senior HR person. After another interview (technical by phone, nothing to be alarmed of) I was screened as acceptable. Yet another interview was necessary with french head plus my acceptation to disclose alot of personnal information and allow them to contact basically anyone I worked for in my life plus the written permission to privately investigate everything about me including social security and police record. VERY INTRUSIVE, but I have nothing to hide. Finally after four interviews I was made an offer : 48000 euros per year for an executive job requiring me to be mobile across europe, plus the need to buy a car for them ( they help out on a monthly basis of 400 euros allowance). The minimum wage in france for the position they offered, is paid 140 odd euros less ... and the maximum number of worked days was asked. Ususally in france if you get minimum wage for your job, you're very unlucky. My present package was just under 2kE under what they offered, without executive responsabilities or hassle, so I just had to refuse the position. They weren't willing to negotiate : accept or tough for you was their reasoning.

Interview Questions

• Aucun, des entretiens très faciles et des gens aimables, dans l'ensemble   none, very easy interviews, and generally nice people   Answer Question

Largement sous-payé pour le poste

Grossly underpaid for the job

Systems Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pegasystems in July 2010.

Interview

The phone interviews were pleasant enough, which consisted of speaking with actual systems architects who are working in the field, at the client sites. The Interview Day the company held to process the candidates through their vetting process felt like a cattle call. About 20 guys (no female candidates at all) from around the country are put into a conference room at 8AM, fed some continental breakfast and given a 1 hour presentation on the company's one main product, their BPM system. After that, a VP came to give a pep talk for an hour followed by some 1 on 1 interviews and then lunch. After lunch, the candidates are given the chance to present one whiteboard presentation followed by a PowerPoint presentation. I felt like I was auditioning for the role of Dilbert and changed my mind about taking the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Agile development?   1 Answer