Pegatron Interview Questions

2.7

Junior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Pegatron (Jeffersonville, IN).

Interview

Usually hire through temporary agency, it takes about a month to get to the interview stage. applied online and then i was called to the temporary agency on site, I then filled the application and they told me to wait until they respond back. It took like a week from there and came the final interview.

Negotiation

No negotiations

Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pegatron.

Interview

All was lies

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jeffersonville, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pegatron (Jeffersonville, IN) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was, for the most, quick and painless. I was interviewed twice, first by HR then by the head of their technical department. The questions were mostly typical: how would you handle a irate customer, etc.. The process only took about 2 weeks including drug testing and background check.

Key Account Manager, PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pegatron (Taipei (Taiwan)) in June 2014.

Interview

I got a phone call from the HR in Monday's afternoon, says they just saw my resume and wondering if I am interested to join the interview on Thursday morning. I verbally reply that I might be able to join but wants to know more about the job position. By 7pm, the HR then email an interview invitation email, includes date and time and map etc., with a profile needs to fill in. I asked the HR how will they group candidates, because I am looking for a senior job position, not an entry level, in my understanding if its a group interview, must have lots fresh graduates, so just want to be sure there are senior job positions. The HR said, yes, we do have senior job positions, many positions are open, so do not worry, just join the interview and they will group each. Wednesday 4pm they finally email out the confirmed interview time and schedule and place. However, by 8pm, they call again to change meeting time to 1 hr early, and changed the meeting location too. Thursday morning, the interview day, we wait at the lobby, total 8 candidates, only 3 arrived on time, I guess it is because they just pull in the schedule and they bought train or bus ticket already and not able to make it. We wait at a small meeting room, while check our resume profile, also fill in questionnaires and watch the company's video ads about introducing the senior management and the company's culture and core values. When 7 out of 8 arrived, they gave an exam, total with 4 questions, and we have 30 mins to answer those questions, write down your own point of view to each, basically those questions are highly related to day to day factory operation which is expecting to see for such EMS company, even though Pegatron called themselves DMS instead of just EMS, but those questions to me is the daily job and super routine, no right or wrong answers, highly depends on who is the boss. Anyway, when we all answered the questions, and everyone arrived, the HR director then introduced the company profile and job position to everyone, with organised slides and try to convince everyone working at that factory is one of the best job in the world. After that introduction, they brought us upstairs to a meeting room with a big screen that can do telecom meeting (similar to WebEx), the HR, the group BP and BG GM sits in the room, while 3 senior managers are on the screen. We, 8 of us, sits in front of the screen and start the panel interview through the webcam conf call. First, we introduced ourselves, and I realized that, 4 out of 8 are fresh graduates, and the other 4 are with 3 to 5 years working experience, and they put everyone together to the panel interview which makes this very interesting. Those senior managers starts to ask the same questions from the exam, and ask us to volunteer to answer those questions, and they will keep ask why and may set up a set story and you will need to answer and share your point of view. 4 fresh graduates, of course answers in a very interesting way, which is far from what might happen in real life, at least in the other 4's opinion, and the other 4 basically against the answers from 4 fresh graduates, very interesting. Because the other 4 senior candidates' work is somehow similar or related to Pegatron and understood the EMS factory working culture and environment. Anyway, it is just ridiculous, for such arrangement. In the end, the VP try to convince everyone that everyone should work super hard, like the Tim Cook from Apple, he works 18 hrs everyday, like the Terry Kuo from Foxconn, he also works 18 hrs everyday, so everyone should work super super hard and start from the basic fundamental and get experienced for years and years and fight super hard everyday and then finally will lead you to the success, otherwise you will only receive the regular payment until you retire. It is very sweet if you came from other city the HR will pay the transportation for you (train/bus tickets), and they prepared lunch box too. We started from 9 am to almost 1 pm.

Interview Questions

• basically all questions are asking you if you were the senior manager, what will you do, for example, if someone wants to resign, if other department wants to move someone from your team to theirs, what will you do if you already knew there are potential risk to a filed quality issue, and how will you organize the job loading or deal with the high employee turnover rate, and or how will you fight with customers or other departments.   1 Answer

Senior Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I interviewed at Pegatron (Taipei (Taiwan)) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview asked me about my former jobs and experiences. They were focusing on your attitude and logical thoughts. After that, they explained what this department is working on and the work environment.

Interview Questions

• What was the most frustrated thing you have ever met in your former working experience?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pegatron in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was more of a discussion on what I wanted from my career and where I saw myself in the future. I was also asked about my experience with client interactions and to describe how I managed a difficult client. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult client situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pegatron (Taipei (Taiwan)) in October 2009.

Interview

Do a simple IQ test and basic C language test. if your grade reach their requirement, you will continue interview process. The questions are related about basic system opinion. ex: Describe the computer system and constructed components