Pei Wei Asian Diner Interview Questions

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in June 2011.

There was a phone interview with corporate HR where she asked specific questions on my current job, then interview with the Area Manager with specific situational questions, then one 'day in the life' of a manager where I spent 2-3 hours working alongside a manager.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think our suspected prime cost numbers are?   View Answer
    None

Dishwasher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in May 2014.

The manager called me an hour or two after I submitted my application online, and set up an interview for two days later. I went in before store hours; the manager was very friendly and he asked a couple of questions like "tell me about yourself and your interest in Pei Wei," and "What was your favorite/least favorite part of your previous job." Nothing too scary. He told me about the company and our particular location, how much I would be paid, etc. I didn't have two forms of identification with me, but if I had he would have put me in the computer to start right then and there.

Server Interview

I knew someone who worked there so it was a hire on the spot, asked basic questions and told me to go back the next day with SS card and ID. as easy as that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in November 2012.

I applied on a Saturday and got an interview scheduled for the following Monday. The interview was simple and short. The only problem was that the manager who interviewed me LOST MY NUMBER! I called back and he barely remembered me. I got the job anyway. He wound up getting fired so that's good.

Interview Questions
    • "If you could have a super power what would it be?" Took me off guard   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Front of House Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in June 2013.

I submitted an online application, was called about a week later, and did my paperwork the same day. I started training two days later. Granted this was not with the current management.

Interview Questions
    • Had to memorize most of the menu and a lot of company facts (not a practice current management follows) and take a test two weeks into employment.   Answer Question
    Didn't have one, they hired me in at what I asked.

Key Employee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner.

I went in for two interviews. First with the kitchen manager and then with the general manager. They explained the responsibilities and what they expected from myself. They also stated what they had room for.

Interview Questions
    • What is your strongest trait and your weakest trait?   View Answer

At first I declined because they wanted to offer me a part-time. But a day later they called and offered me a full-time position. So i then accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in August 2013.

had two interviews one with a female manager who was very nice and professional 2nd interview with a male manager who didn't even seen like he was listening to me,talked very fast he just seemed like he was in a big rush to get the interview over with

Interview Questions
    • easy questions like why do you want to work for us, tell me about yourself most difficult question describe a situation when u had to deal with a unhappy customer   Answer Question

better job offer

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner.

Went through one phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel comfortable about the whole process and answer freely.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was my goals in the next few years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in January 2013.

I applied online, the GM called for me an interview to come in during their slow times. I dressed casual. The interview was conducted at the bar in front of where the chefs cook with the General Manager. He asked why I wanted to work at Pei Wei, I informed him I had never worked in a restaurant before, I'd like to get the experience and at one point or another in life we all have to deal with customers and making them happy no matter where we go. He asked me about what I could possibly do as far as scheduling. He offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    He asked me what I wanted to be paid, I said minimum wage is fine and he offered $8.50/hr, which is above minimum wage here in Texas,

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in February 2009.

Somewhat informal interview. Happened during a slow period between lunch and dinner and was directly at one of the desks. Lasted 45 minutes and I was offered the job at the end of it. Nothing really technical just make sure you sound like you know what your talking about, you are well dressed and you have a professional demeanor.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty generic interview questions such as explain a problem you encountered during a project/or previous job and how did you overcome it. Additionally, they asked what is your biggest weakness. The final question was posed as a scenario of how you would handle a situation with a customer. What should you do if a customer claims they ordered something besides the thing they received and how would you handle the situation? I just said that you first make check to make sure the customer isn't lying by checking their receipt. Regardless of what the customer's receipt says, I would then still go and tell the cook to make what they thought they were getting and deliver when finished. Pretty simple stuff.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Flat rate.

Worked for Pei Wei Asian Diner? Contribute to the Community!