Pei Wei Asian Diner

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

1.9

Manager Interview

during interview they will make you fell like they are over staff but will give you a chance they will go cheap on the first offer but if you stay on your price salary they will give you a better offer

Front House Server Interview

Hiring and Interview processes: Interview was all behavioral questions. Interviewer Asked about previous experiences and how they relate to fast paced customer service friendly environment. Past food industry experience recommended.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you and a coworker disagreed on something and how did you resolve it.
      Tell me about a time where you and a supervisor disagreed on something and how did you resolve it.

Answer Question

Server Interview

I knew someone who worked there so it was a hire on the spot, asked basic questions and told me to go back the next day with SS card and ID. as easy as that.

Dishwasher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in May 2014.

The manager called me an hour or two after I submitted my application online, and set up an interview for two days later. I went in before store hours; the manager was very friendly and he asked a couple of questions like "tell me about yourself and your interest in Pei Wei," and "What was your favorite/least favorite part of your previous job." Nothing too scary. He told me about the company and our particular location, how much I would be paid, etc. I didn't have two forms of identification with me, but if I had he would have put me in the computer to start right then and there.

Key Employee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner.

I went in for two interviews. First with the kitchen manager and then with the general manager. They explained the responsibilities and what they expected from myself. They also stated what they had room for.

Interview Questions
    • What is your strongest trait and your weakest trait?   View Answer

At first I declined because they wanted to offer me a part-time. But a day later they called and offered me a full-time position. So i then accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in August 2013.

had two interviews one with a female manager who was very nice and professional 2nd interview with a male manager who didn't even seen like he was listening to me,talked very fast he just seemed like he was in a big rush to get the interview over with

Interview Questions
    • easy questions like why do you want to work for us, tell me about yourself most difficult question describe a situation when u had to deal with a unhappy customer   Answer Question

better job offer

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner.

Went through one phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel comfortable about the whole process and answer freely.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was my goals in the next few years.   Answer Question

Front of House Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in June 2013.

I submitted an online application, was called about a week later, and did my paperwork the same day. I started training two days later. Granted this was not with the current management.

Interview Questions
    • Had to memorize most of the menu and a lot of company facts (not a practice current management follows) and take a test two weeks into employment.   Answer Question
    Didn't have one, they hired me in at what I asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in January 2013.

I applied online, the GM called for me an interview to come in during their slow times. I dressed casual. The interview was conducted at the bar in front of where the chefs cook with the General Manager. He asked why I wanted to work at Pei Wei, I informed him I had never worked in a restaurant before, I'd like to get the experience and at one point or another in life we all have to deal with customers and making them happy no matter where we go. He asked me about what I could possibly do as far as scheduling. He offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    He asked me what I wanted to be paid, I said minimum wage is fine and he offered $8.50/hr, which is above minimum wage here in Texas,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in November 2012.

I applied on a Saturday and got an interview scheduled for the following Monday. The interview was simple and short. The only problem was that the manager who interviewed me LOST MY NUMBER! I called back and he barely remembered me. I got the job anyway. He wound up getting fired so that's good.

Interview Questions
    • "If you could have a super power what would it be?" Took me off guard   Answer Question
    no negotiation