Pei Wei Asian Diner

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in June 2011.

Interview Details – There was a phone interview with corporate HR where she asked specific questions on my current job, then interview with the Area Manager with specific situational questions, then one 'day in the life' of a manager where I spent 2-3 hours working alongside a manager.

Interview Question – What do you think our suspected prime cost numbers are?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Dishwasher Interview

Dishwasher

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in May 2014.

Interview Details – The manager called me an hour or two after I submitted my application online, and set up an interview for two days later. I went in before store hours; the manager was very friendly and he asked a couple of questions like "tell me about yourself and your interest in Pei Wei," and "What was your favorite/least favorite part of your previous job." Nothing too scary. He told me about the company and our particular location, how much I would be paid, etc. I didn't have two forms of identification with me, but if I had he would have put me in the computer to start right then and there.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected!   Answer Question

Server Interview

Server

Interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner

Interview Details – I knew someone who worked there so it was a hire on the spot, asked basic questions and told me to go back the next day with SS card and ID. as easy as that.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked any personal questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Brentwood, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on a Saturday and got an interview scheduled for the following Monday. The interview was simple and short. The only problem was that the manager who interviewed me LOST MY NUMBER! I called back and he barely remembered me. I got the job anyway. He wound up getting fired so that's good.

Interview Question – "If you could have a super power what would it be?" Took me off guard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Front of House Staff Interview

Front of House Staff
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in June 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted an online application, was called about a week later, and did my paperwork the same day. I started training two days later. Granted this was not with the current management.

Interview Question – Had to memorize most of the menu and a lot of company facts (not a practice current management follows) and take a test two weeks into employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't have one, they hired me in at what I asked.

Key Employee Interview

Key Employee

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner.

Interview Details – I went in for two interviews. First with the kitchen manager and then with the general manager. They explained the responsibilities and what they expected from myself. They also stated what they had room for.

Interview Question – What is your strongest trait and your weakest trait?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – At first I declined because they wanted to offer me a part-time. But a day later they called and offered me a full-time position. So i then accepted.

Troy, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in August 2013.

Interview Details – had two interviews one with a female manager who was very nice and professional 2nd interview with a male manager who didn't even seen like he was listening to me,talked very fast he just seemed like he was in a big rush to get the interview over with

Interview Question – easy questions like why do you want to work for us, tell me about yourself most difficult question describe a situation when u had to deal with a unhappy customer   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better job offer

Kitchen Manager Interview

Kitchen Manager
Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner.

Interview Details – Went through one phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel comfortable about the whole process and answer freely.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was my goals in the next few years.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Addison, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, the GM called for me an interview to come in during their slow times. I dressed casual. The interview was conducted at the bar in front of where the chefs cook with the General Manager. He asked why I wanted to work at Pei Wei, I informed him I had never worked in a restaurant before, I'd like to get the experience and at one point or another in life we all have to deal with customers and making them happy no matter where we go. He asked me about what I could possibly do as far as scheduling. He offered me the job.

Interview Question – There were no out of the ordinary questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He asked me what I wanted to be paid, I said minimum wage is fine and he offered $8.50/hr, which is above minimum wage here in Texas,

Server Interview

Server
Eden Prairie, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in February 2009.

Interview Details – Somewhat informal interview. Happened during a slow period between lunch and dinner and was directly at one of the desks. Lasted 45 minutes and I was offered the job at the end of it. Nothing really technical just make sure you sound like you know what your talking about, you are well dressed and you have a professional demeanor.

Interview Question – Pretty generic interview questions such as explain a problem you encountered during a project/or previous job and how did you overcome it. Additionally, they asked what is your biggest weakness. The final question was posed as a scenario of how you would handle a situation with a customer. What should you do if a customer claims they ordered something besides the thing they received and how would you handle the situation? I just said that you first make check to make sure the customer isn't lying by checking their receipt. Regardless of what the customer's receipt says, I would then still go and tell the cook to make what they thought they were getting and deliver when finished. Pretty simple stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Flat rate.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pei Wei Asian Diner

Worked for Pei Wei Asian Diner? Contribute to the Community!