Pei Wei Asian Diner Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

1.9

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner.

Interview

During the interview with the manager it was very easy to talk. I could easily feel confident since his personality was Very laid back and casual. The interview only took 5 minutes, then I was hired on the spot. Amazing interview experience!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The interview process was super easy. Not much preparing necessary. I was able to do a great job answering all the questions. The questions were mostly behavioral questions at a very entry level.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation where a customer order was made incorrectly?   Answer Question

Cashier/Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Henderson, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online on snagajob.com and craigslist.org; I didn't hear from the manager for about a week, but afterwards, the interview process was very quick; I interviewed with three managers all on the same day, and was also hired on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Pei Wei?   1 Answer

Cashier/Expo Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (San Antonio, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

Rather lengthy and unneeded questions. My interview was in the morning before they opened and the gm constantly was walking off, talking to other people, etc. I would suggest aiming for 2PM-4PM for an interview.

Negotiation

One offer.

Manager Interview

Interview

during interview they will make you fell like they are over staff but will give you a chance they will go cheap on the first offer but if you stay on your price salary they will give you a better offer

Front of House Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Rochester Hills, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

not intimidating at all, just asked stuff to get to know me. What d you like to do in your free time are you a student? where do you go? things like that. The got right to it and asked for my availability

Front House Server Interview

Interview

Hiring and Interview processes: Interview was all behavioral questions. Interviewer Asked about previous experiences and how they relate to fast paced customer service friendly environment. Past food industry experience recommended.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you and a coworker disagreed on something and how did you resolve it. Tell me about a time where you and a supervisor disagreed on something and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Interview

I knew someone who worked there so it was a hire on the spot, asked basic questions and told me to go back the next day with SS card and ID. as easy as that.

Dishwasher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner in May 2014.

Interview

The manager called me an hour or two after I submitted my application online, and set up an interview for two days later. I went in before store hours; the manager was very friendly and he asked a couple of questions like "tell me about yourself and your interest in Pei Wei," and "What was your favorite/least favorite part of your previous job." Nothing too scary. He told me about the company and our particular location, how much I would be paid, etc. I didn't have two forms of identification with me, but if I had he would have put me in the computer to start right then and there.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pei Wei Asian Diner (Paramus, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

One interview with Market Partner that lasted about 15 minutes. He explained vaguely what company was looking for and how the training process worked. He asked me how much I was looking to make and when I would be available to start.

Interview Questions

• Can you make the restaurant money?   1 Answer